Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 20:04:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: more like once a year.
and no we don't really participate in other activities.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 14:05:46 )
@Alchemists Fire: Hi. Good morning! You have some interesting thoughts about what to dis-invent! I love it! <3 It is definitely an interesting question, isn't it? I'm with you on the wanting more to dis-invent concepts more than things... like, I'd want to get rid of the type of ego that lends itself to "evil" - the kind that lends itself to manipulation of others for personal gain or similar behaviors or results (not the kind of ego that is a healthy self-confidence). A thing that I'd like to dis-invent... that's harder for me to choose because most of the things humans have invented are just tools in one form or another, and it's really the way people use them that can sometimes make them less-than-positive due to that whole ego thing^^. I can get on board with dis-inventing laptops with speakers on the bottom, though... XD

@MoodyB: Yeah, you've mentioned that you guys don't tend to get out much, but the balloon festival sounds like a whole lot of fun! ... and once a year is good :3 I was asking because I know there are groups that do that kind of thing semi-regularly and wasn't sure if that was the case near you.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 14:12:26 )

Good morning!

What does your day today look like? Do you have any interesting plans or activities going on?

I'm going to try to follow up with a couple unfinished creative projects, do a little more research for my garden and hopefully figure out the best way to boost the nutrients in the soil sand, and try not to worry about my dog who's currently at the vet getting a fleshy growth removed from his foot. Beyond that, it'll be a trip to get a few groceries (probably), and the usual cooking and cleaning up around the house. Pretty boring stuff, tbh.

But, let's post another random question, huh? ------------------------------------> What is the wackiest thing you ever did to help a friend?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 15:11:16 )
@Wildfire: lol sounds like we married similar people.
HA! you'll have to let me know if spinning around 5 times and asking the garden to grow works. lol C:

I've had a weird week. o3o" My sister and [not her kid]niece showed up and surprised me for a day. That was fun. Then the house bathroom flooded, which I managed pretty well on my own, I just need to go bleach the floor sometime soon.
And my kids have been acting out this week. :T My daughter is hitting that stage where she just wants to play girly games and doesn't want to be around her brother 24/7 anymore. He's pretty upset about it and hates that things are changing.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 17:03:19 )
@Wildfire: Ooh, I like the idea of dis-inventing that kind of ego!
Another idea one of my friends came up with is un-inventing guns, and I agree, I don't even like them when used as tools.
Same friend suggested uninventing the concept of capitalism.

Ooh, I'd love to hear about your creative projects! I have a bunch of things I'd like to do as well, but there never seems to be enough time xD
I just had a long weekend and it was too hot to do anything T_T

Wackiest thing done to help a friend... maybe bought an expensive hobby item from them? (hobby we both share)
Actually, I've done that a couple times for two different friends for the same hobby xDDD

Maple

Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 18:19:22 )
@Koah: it does sound like we found similar people, doesn't it? XD
Yeah, I'm not sure about the turning 'round in circles things, but it's worth a shot! XD I did some testing and surprise surprise! Although my soil sand is fairly neutral pH (not ideal, but not horrible, for growing veggies), there are very few actual nutrients showing up in it. So now I apparently get to play with compost and fertilizers (more than I have been). In the heat. And humidity. Fun.

Oh no! Your poor son. That's a rough stage. I don't think any of us (me or my two boys) managed that one without a couple scrapes...

It definitely sounds like a weird week for you...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 18:31:34 )
@Alchemists Fire: ... eh... a tool is a tool is a tool. It's when we use these tools against each other for personal gain (not necessary for survival) that is the issue... when we let our emotions get in the way of our better judgement and ego starts taking over and tools become weapons... that's an issue. Ideas and ideologies can be twisted the same way, imo. Basically, I just want people to be honest, sincere and not so wrapped up in themselves (prefer a more natural, 'organic' approach to life and living)... but our modern society has emphasized a different approach to most things and it has gotten very corrupted over time, and it has sunk in to our psyche pretty deeply. IMO, anyway XD

Well, that got pretty deep, pretty quickly XD LOL!

.............. crafts... uh... right now, I'm working on a logo for a business, trying to finish a painting commission that is long overdue, and trying to come up with some holiday gift type things that I can sell.

So what's this hobby of yours?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 21:24:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah and it's often very crowded too. In the morning ones they mostly have photography contests
but there isn't very many activies for the adults i don't really think.
but they offer various of foods like funnel cake, donuts, sausages.

I think in my town its only during memorial weekend in September.
But there is one hot air balloon festival i want to go.
I think it's in Albuquerque. They do it so different.

We have what is called a night glow, which at night the hot air balloons light up.
But they do not take off or lift off the ground.
But in Albuquerque they do lift off.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 14:06:29 )
@MoodyB: that definitely sounds like a lot of fun! ... all the festivities... all the food and celebratory things... and, of course, the balloons must be absolutely majestic to see up close - whether or not they actually lift off the ground! :3 I have seen hot air balloons before, but don't think I've seen them terribly up close and personal. If so, I was just a little tot (and I do seem to have a vague memory of this)...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 14:18:48 )

Good morning. How are you today so far?

Q: What do you have planned for the day today?

Q: What do you think of the new orb items?
Q: Which is your favorite (or favorites)?
Q: What did you get so far?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/5 20:06:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: where I live you can see them up close. I love the sound it makes when they prep the balloons. it's something I've always seen since I was a kid as my mother loved hot air balloons.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 14:03:55 )
@MoodyB: Yeah, it seems like it would be a pretty spectacular and fairly unusual experience... and just fun!

.................................... good morning everyone.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 20:51:00 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yes. very much!
I haven't been to a night glow in years.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/8 16:18:24 )
Hello hello if this place is still active.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 00:17:02 )
Finally remembered to check back here lol. Hello!

@Another Movie Addict: Finally got around to trying that duck ramen at Morimoto's Asia and omg! *q* So good!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 00:28:44 )
@Aisukohi: RIGHT!!!???? So good. Easily my favorite thing.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 00:35:32 )
@Another Movie Addict: Honestly if I had a bigger stomach, I'd have happily eaten a ton off their menu because they had all the staples, and then some. But also my wallet probably wouldn't agree with me. xD

I'm actually going to have duck ramen here at home since hubs brought home duck breast from work, so I'm excited!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 00:43:50 )
Oooo, I'd love to attempt making duck ramen at home.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:45:00 )
It was pretty good! Took a shortcut and used the packaged ramen for the noodles and broth, but still good.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:45:37 )
Mmm now I really want ramen.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.