Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:46:56 )
I seem to crave ramen at least every other week. Doesn't mean I eat it that often, but I get the craving often.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:48:28 )
I'm currently out of ramen too. TwT

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:49:45 )
Ohnoes! Is it too late to go to the store, or don't feel like it?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:53:59 )
Uh lol I just got back from a convention poor, and I can't drive.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:55:03 )
Oh, gotcha. ^^; So sorry!

I know the feels of feeling poor after a convention though lol. I always splurge in the artist alley. >.>

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:57:23 )
Lol I went all out this convention, and honestly...Hotel food.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 01:59:43 )
I'm happy to splurge on food too, convention or not. xD Kind of a good thing gas has been so high, because there's lots of food out there I wouldn't mind going to get if it wasn't for travel.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 06:27:07 )
@Wildfire: I suppose it's all perspective, although personally I don't see how a gun can be anything but a tool for killing, I don't see how it can be used for anything else.
Considering the episode of the Sandman I just saw about making everyone be honest....the idea of nothing but honesty all the time really creeps me out right now. Sincere, yes, but sometimes lies are a way of protecting ourselves or others.

That did get very deep very fast...something lighter and fluffier now please xD

Ohh, doing a logo? That's really cool! Ooh, painting commission, what are you painting? And ooh, for what holiday? Halloween? Christmas/winter holidays?

This "bought an expensive hobby item" from friends thing is BJDs (Ball-Jointed Dolls). And I actually just did it again a couple more times after posting that xDDD
My first doll was bought from a new friend who had been having trouble finding a job, and I fell in love with one of her boys. Then I did it again when another friend was moving, "adopted" two of her boys 'cause she needed funds for moving (although she misses them so much, I'm gonna give them back to her)

And I just did it again with a friend who had a house fire and needed to sell a doll head for some emergency funds...and the same friend who was moving just sold me a body for a head I bought from another friend

Also this hobby seems to have no limits. No matter how often I tell myself "no new dolls" they still have a way of coming home... and I have so many that aren't "finished"... D:

Maple

Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:08:54 )
@Alchemists Fire: well, I was thinking of it more as a tool for self-protection or for self-sustenance, but yes, that is the overall nature of that particular tool.

BJDs! ... that definitely seems to be a fairly common hobby these days - or at least it seems to be, given how many people I seem to be running in to lately who seem to share it. That's awesome that you've supported your hobby and a few friends through it. :3 Do you have plans to finish the unfinished ones? What do you do with all these dolls and doll parts??

@MoodyB: Is that the plan this time around - to go visit a night glow of these wonderful airships??

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:09:24 )
@Another Movie Addict: Yes, the thread is still active and I'm still around. I have just been really busy the last couple of weeks and haven't been around as much or felt like chatting online quite as much. Basically, I've been doing other things. How are you doing?

@Aisukohi: Hey you. How are you doing??

... and good morning, everyone!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:15:50 )
@Wildfire: I'm good. Lol I've also been pretty busy. Though I had actual fun over the weekend. Went to a con, and ran around being a happy dorky mcdorkerton.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:30:52 )
@Another Movie Addict: LOL! <3 ... so tell me - what con? what Dorky things did you do, running around town??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:51:40 )
Megaplex, it was a lot of fun. Lol we got there on Thursday evening and we went to a panel called 'Egg'. It was just people chanting 'egg' at you and the panelist passing out eggs filled with stuff.

I also got a balloon sword that is flesh coloured and had a lot of fun with that.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:54:11 )
LOL. That sounds like a lot of Convention Shenanigans! I'm sure you had a lot of "fun" with that balloon sword - lol!! XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:55:58 )
Oh I did. Somehow it's survived all this time, and is still intact. Thought for sure that the ride home would kill it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:57:10 )
Just the ride home? I would have thought the shenanigans at the Con would have killed it... because I can only imagine what kind of shenanigans you got in to from the description you gave! XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 14:58:49 )
That is fair.

There was also a panel called Furby Luau where a friend and I just played a Furby board game that was meant for children who can't read yet.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 15:01:16 )
... so how high/drunk were you?? XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 15:02:24 )
Not at all. :3 I was sober the enter convention.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 15:03:37 )
I was teasing you. And sober is the best way to be, imo, but the whole 'playing games meant for kids who can't read'... it's a natural thought, I think. :3

So what else did you get in to? It sounds like you had a lot of fun. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.