Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 16:40:25 )
@Koah: I'm just so completely messed up when it comes to figuring out what season we're in. It feels like summer... but it doesn't... part of me still thinks we're in May or something, instead of the end of July. I don't know what the heck is going on - lol!!! XD

I wish we had land for chickens - I would definitely get a few... and a couple goats! :3 <3 I'm happy to hear that Roomie is all on board and helping you get stuff organized and set up for chickens! In this day and age, it just makes sense, imo, to be at least a little more self-sufficient.

How are you doing otherwise?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 16:51:55 )
@Wildfire: Self-sufficiency is a good goal, especially since we have the space to do so.
Roommie took down a fenced in area that was purely decorative from the previous owners and it opened up a beautiful spot to put a garden. It's a really well shaded area.
We had a wind storm last night and a branch came down, and barely missed the garage. =O

I'm okay, my husband left yesterday. We fought a lot while he was home for the week and a half. I'm dealing with all sorts of emotions right now and he's...so focused on this new job that he was hard to talk to. I do see why he's focused on the job, he's a 'fixer', like most guys. Working = money, less financial stress, which eventually means less emotional stress.
He spent time with the kids and gave me breaks, so that was good. But he and I didn't really connect or do anything together.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 16:58:46 )
@Koah: Yes, make the most of the space you have!! :3

I'm glad the branch missed the garage. ... and you found a great spot for a garden? - awesome! Hooray for small miracles, huh? XD <3

Yeah, less financial stress becomes less emotional stress...but getting there can be sooooo stressful sometimes... :( I'm sorry you're having a rough time dealing with it all right now. It's completely understandable and I empathize completely. Hopefully it'll all work out sooner rather than later :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 18:06:48 )
@Wildfire: sorry I'm sitting here whining about this stuff. bleh. My old toystore, family-owned, we sold it- I found out that shut down this month too. So all those years of hard work and fun are just a memory now. That hit pretty hard. Then one of my nieces ended up in a psych ward, so i've been keeping my phone close for my sister to have someone to talk to.
then a totally different niece told me she's pregnant.

This month has been an overload of emotional things going on. XD Hopefully August can be a little less emotionally chaotic. A lot of those things don't even directly affect me but it's my own life stress + plus those things and i end up feeling overwhelmed.
MEH!
OKAY I'm done ranting/whining.

My husband basically gave the roommate and I the... yellow light to do the chicken coop how we want to do it. He had a different idea of how he wanted it done but he won't be home to stop us- so.. lol, he can't exactly tell us "no." XD We're going to repurpose a shed that's not being used and use the materials around the property to make coops and whatnot.
My husband had a more expensive plan in mind which would take years to even afford. cx

How did your garden do this summer?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 19:08:10 )
@Koah: ooof. That's a lot, Koah... even if it's nieces instead of your own kids, and a store that you haven't been involved with for a while now, it's a lot of personal history, memories and just... family... stuff going on for you, on top of hubby doing the new job and apparently not being home too much. Plus the new baby... who's... about four months old at this point? It.is.a.lot. And I'm sorry to hear about all of that going on for you right now. {{hugs}}

LOL - what is it with guys coming up with all these unnecessarily elaborate plans for things like chicken coops? XD Hubby can create his dream chicken area as a hobby... right now, with how things are going, just get things set up. Chickens don't care how pretty their space looks XD

My garden sucks. XD LOL. Some things are growing. Some are definitely not. The bananas seem happy enough, but they're still small. I have one papaya that is putting out flowers, but I'm not seeing fruit or any evidence of pollination. I have an eggplant that is growing all over the place and has flowers, but again... no little baby eggplants. Okra, which is supposed to be a "toss somewhere and forget about it" brainless, stupid-simple and easy thing to grow around here is just not doing anything. I have 5 or 6 plants and one of them is giving me the occasional okra. I should be overwhelmed with and absolutely drowning in okra. Instead, I'm slowing adding them to a bag in the freezer and even after months, still don't have enough for a meal. :/ I am fighting mealy bugs and probably a few other things, judging from the holes in the leaves of some of my plants. I don't know what's going on out there. There's stuff growing... but not really...?? /shrug/ I should go test the soil and see about PH and nutrients but haven't made it out there to do that yet (before it gets too hot to do much of anything without passing out).

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 20:21:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yup we back in business!!
tho the whole dashboard for the keyboard on my laptop is completely fried so I had to buy a wireless keyboard.
but I'm happy with my purchase since eventually I was going to do so for my new desktop setup.

Now my laptop is practically just a monitor with USB ports

my knee feels okay tho now my other one is bothering me. I overall need to lose some weight so there isn't as much pressure on my knees. Once I'm recovered we are going on many walks.

im resting lots and keeping my legs elevated. Swelling is gone so we can measure and order my brace.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 23:00:01 )
@Wildfire: oh my gosh, you put hard work into your garden too! I was excited with you about your new garden adventures this year. XD
It's so bizarre to me how different our garden climates are. Our area is good for potatoes, berries, and squash and grapes.
Squash is supposed to be our 'plant and forget it' food, but i tried that last year and they died once we got a hot day. /crosses fingers that the new area opened up will be good for squash.

My husband has a plan that basically overhauls the whole acre we own and re-arranges everything. But we've lived here 2 years and he hasn't done anything. His plan is expensive and he'd need to actually go out and get dirty and do the annoying jobs which he hates doing. He's not the type to do tedious things.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/1 13:10:13 )
@MoodyB: lol - it sounds like you have a bunch of work-arounds going on, but it also sounds like they're working, which is good :3
I'm glad that your knee is starting to feel a little better. Walks are awesome for a gentle exercise (and as an excuse to get some fresh air)!

@Koah: lol... yeah... my garden... I don't know what's going on. It can be difficult here between the heat, the torrential downpours and semitropical climate, the periods of really dry weather (it's one or the other extreme), the bugs, the animals, and the nutrient-free sand. It's weird, and its different from most of the rest of the country. But I'll figure it out. It's probably something stupid and simple like I'm not fertilizing enough or at the right time or or haven't managed to attract enough pollinators... or haven't spun in a circle five times at midnight every third day chanting some weird ancient version of "please grow, Garden" XD

LOL - if your husband is anything like my husband (who also usually doesn't like doing those kinds of jobs), you'll be waiting a very long time before he gets around to implementing his plan... only to get it half done. XD I'm glad you're doing something, and that you have the help from Roomie :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/1 13:12:38 )
..............and good morning everyone. Welcome to August.
How is it August already??

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/1 20:47:41 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah a got a lot going on LOL.
and some friends been drawing art of my OC so now i gotta make it into a draw this in your style challenge.
no idea if it'll get any takers but it'll be for fun.

yeah. Luckily by the time i recover it'll be time for the hot air balloon festival.
September will be a hard month but my fam thinks we should go and try to have fun regardless.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 01:02:30 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
@Wildfire: Hi there. c: Nice place you got. lol
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 12:21:51 )
can't wait for september. ik my birthday's in a day but like. i would much rather take cooler weather tbh.
please ping me for the love of god.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 13:51:45 )
@MoodyB: lol - it does sound like you have a lot going on! <3 ... and an air balloon festival?!! That sounds like a lot of fun - I hope you can go. Have you been before?

@PashminaPanda: Thank you. How are you?

@Feral: lol - that's quite the choice - birthday or cooler weather...XD I can't do anything about the weather, but I can wish you a "happy birthday", so... uhh... Happy Birthday?!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 13:53:04 )
Good morning :3

What is going on in your world today?

I plan to get some stuff done outside (sooner rather than later because of the heat) and then try to do some cleanup around the house. Fun stuff, huh? XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 20:05:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: we've been going since I was very young.
we keep it a tradition since my mom loved it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 20:37:03 )
@MoodyB: that's awesome. I'm glad that you keep the tradition going :3 It sounds like a lot of fun!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 20:50:07 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: it usually is but since covid and other viruses came we haven't gone to the field.
so it's a little less exciting lol.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 14:06:06 )
@MoodyB: So is this a regular thing like once a month or just an annual event? Or are there other activities at this field that your family likes to attend?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 14:08:39 )
Good morning. What is going on, peeps?

It's time for a random question! Ready? GO! ----------------------------> If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 18:05:07 )
@Wildfire: Good morning!!

Ooh, dis-invent something? What an interesting question!!

I would love to say something like "computer glitches" but then I wouldn't have a job xDD and there's no such thing as a perfect piece of software, we're only human xDD

Are we allowed to uninvent concepts? I'd love to un-invent bullying!

An item I'd un-invent though? That's tricky...

My friends said "laptops with speakers on the bottom" and "plastic"

Maple

Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.