Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 19:18:14 )
@Purpsy: Whatever the details of what's going on, I'm glad you'll be getting a little space - it sounds like you could use it :3

My day has been ok so far. Mostly (or so it seems - lol!), I've been fighting with glue, trying to get the labels off of bottles and cleaning them up so I can use them for other things. Costco uses some intense glue for their labels! /dead/

Otherwise, I did an errand, checked the garden, am trying to figure out whether or not -and where- to try replanting some baby papaya plants that seem to be popping up everywhere (and trying to find good recipes for papaya in anticipation of the abundance of fruit I'm likely to have when all these things start fruiting)...

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/27 21:50:13 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Both grandparents have been up in Oregon as at first they went there to see my Aunt graduate to be an offifical nurse
from nursing school. but both my grandparents got sick.
my grandfather not as bad but my grandmother had to be hospitalized.
her sodium levels were not improving but they are finally improving and she will stay 3 more days at the hospital and then my aunt will take care of her until she is all better and then she will fly home with my grandma and my grandfather and another one of my aunt's will drive him home.

we still have to pack. we have at least 30 days to pack at the very least. but no idea what we are gonna do
about the large furniture. maybe rent a storage unit for it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 13:45:45 )
@MoodyB: I'm glad she seems to be on the mend :3
Yeah... a storage container is probably in your future for pretty much anything not needed on a daily basis.
You have a lot of work cut out for you but I'm sure you'll be able to get everything ready in time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 13:47:03 )

Good morning.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 16:43:41 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Ugh yeah =w=
There is an easier way to take off those labels easily, something my mother does often but I forgot what it was pfft.
Ooh! Back when I lived in the Philippines I used to have a papaya tree growing on our backyard. Those can grow very tall but getting the fruit can be such a hassle. My dad either shake the tree in hopes the ripen fruit will fall down or he has to climb all the way to the top to get it. ✹◦

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 20:59:15 )
@Purpsy: LOL - yeah, I've heard stories of folks climbing the trees for the fruit! Right now, my biggest is only to my shoulder, so it will be a while before I have to worry about that XD (and, I think I have a dwarf papaya - not the big type). Do you have a favorite papaya recipe?

Common ways to remove glue from bottles include soaking and using soap, scraping them with a razor or credit card type thing, or using "goo-gone" or citrus to break down the glue. I used all of those with these labels and they were still wanting to stick!!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 21:43:42 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah definitely.
we luckily have some friends that will help us move.
tho my dad doesn't want to burden my grandparents but being kinda pushed into a corner.
My grandfather is usually not happy when someone stays with him for an uncertain amount of time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 21:56:41 )
@MoodyB: that's kind of understandable - it probably makes him uncomfortable not having an end date, but I'm sure he'd rather deal with that than know you guys are out on the street... and hopefully you'll be able to get everything settled within the next month or so.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 21:59:43 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I hope so. we do try and help around the house too. since grandma is in her 80's and grandfather in his 70's they will need extra help so I hope they will allow us to stay.

I just do not want him getting bent out of shape over small things.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 22:05:47 )
@MoodyB: I'm sure you'll be as respectful and helpful as possible. Some older people have a harder time adjusting to change and dealing with chaos than their younger counterparts... but I'm sure you know that and will keep it in the back of your mind. It's a less than ideal situation for any of you, but I'd think you could all make the most of it. :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/28 22:21:36 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah just hard when environment is not very adhd friendly.
since i have issues on focus, and getting myself to do things at times.
and i don't really want to share I have adhd with my grandparents as it's never taken very seriously.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 13:48:50 )

Seems like it's time for another event.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 14:21:23 )
@MoodyB: ... probably because adhd wasn't a thing when they were younger - it's hard to wrap their heads around. Maybe if you find some place you can be to just get your thoughts together for a few minutes then make a point of very visually doing something productive around the house when your focus is "on", it will help? Or find little things that don't take much attention to do to help out? /shrug/ I don't know... I'm just trying to be helpful, but I don't know. I'm sure you'll be able to find some way to make things work while you're there.

@Another Movie Addict: Yeah, I see that......but I don't see an event or any "dustbunny" currency. Do you?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 14:22:29 )

.................... Oh, well, there's ONE dustbunny. Do we get one per post or something? Weird.

Anyway, good morning.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 21:51:28 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: it's a bit more complicated than that since he literally starts pretty much yelling matches between my aunt
because a lot of my cousins are on medication for anxiety and depression.
he just has to be right on everything.
so im not gonna bother discussing it with them lol.
most of the time it usually gets forgotten XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 21:58:12 )
@MoodyB: That does not sound pleasant... all the yelling and all the anxiety, etc. It sounds like you're right to just not mention it because by doing so is likely to stir things up ... and honestly? Who needs that - right?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 22:00:17 )
EVENT THREAD -------------------------------------------> Collecting Dust Bunnies ........... you know, since we're collecting Dust Bunnies for this event. Come chat, and earn more currency!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 22:11:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I remember at graduation party he kept trying to say he was right about depression that my Cousin has when he was
talking to his wife. and she was just annoyed at that point lol.
and i was literally just sitting at the table in the middle of this full on yelling fight about how medication helps people with depression and anxiety and he finds it dumb. and i am someone who does not like conflict.

Grandma is much more understanding, however, she tends to ask advice from the wrong person.
Which is my aunt who i am kind of...mad at.
and for some reason she believes anything she says to be true, despite my aunt is not any kind of doctor.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 22:23:48 )
@MoodyB: That sounds like an uncomfortable family situation... but also fairly typical, tbh.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/29 22:30:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah definitely.
in the past my aunt's word was like...solid to my grandparents.
even when the person she is giving advice to is denying wanting to do this advice it's like they wanted me to do it anyways lol.
but i do not trust my aunt at all cause she has badly hurt my family so i kinda want nothing to do with her.
that's my reason not to tell her. as i know she seeks out my aunt for help all the time.
and my aunt has a history of being extremely two faced. especially with my family.

and adhd isn't just like a few symptoms, there is so much to accommodate it and also figure out
what works for me.
and i am still figuring things out. so for now i just try to do best of what i can lol.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.