Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:26:44 )

@Purpsy: That's the best. I live pretty close to walking trails and about a mile from the waterfront parks (it's on a river) but I don't live like right next to a park. Can't complain though because the whole neighborhood is a grid so it's easy to walk and the trails are great for walking or on a bike!
Do you like living in the Toronto? Seems like a cool place. It's too cold for me as I'm from FL.

@Koah: Yeah I was living in CA before and then last summer I moved here. I really like it here.
lol yes lots of people get DC and WA mixed up lol
Oregon from what I've seen has handled the pandemic pretty well. So that's good.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:29:05 )

@Koah: Pretty much xD
Aweee I picture a cute farmhouse surrounded by nature. Ghibli vibes.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:31:49 )

@Totalanimefan: It's okay, but they be building condos here left and right. But your neighbourhood sounds more fun and exciting. I live in a busy street where I hear ambulances and car honking every single day.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:32:34 )
hey there, good morning

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:35:45 )

Gooood morning everyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:37:05 )

@Shark: Good morning!
How are you today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:37:36 )
@Vii: I'm Loving your avi! I can't wait to see what you do next. :D

@Purpsy: actually.. I never thought about it like that. Aside from being in a conservative American town, that's pretty accurate.. XD I really do love my house and neighborhood. :3 I live up a hill and at the top of the hill, there are fields and then a train track. so it's nice to hear the train go by. c:

@Totalanimefan: OKAY that makes sense, I feel like we talked about you living in Cali before. :O What made you decide to go to DC? I'm curious. I'm not a city person, so I can't imagine a reason I'd go. o3o

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:39:00 )

@Purpsy: Oh I hear the firetrucks and other emergency vehicles. That part sucks. I am getting new windows in Oct. So that should help. Not too many car horns tho. So that's good.

@Shark: Morning
@Lilykin: to you
both

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:40:32 )

I hear ambulances 24/7... I live next to a hospital :|

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:40:34 )

@Koah: That sounds like a very peaceful place to live (⊼⌔⊼ )

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:41:22 )

@Lilykin: I feel you I live nearby one too TwT

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:42:26 )
@Purpsy: just woke up, we'll see how things go. :p

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:42:35 )
-returns-

I had breakfast.
I walked the dogs.
I walked myself (it's hot out there!).
I did yoga.
Now I'm trying to rehydrate before showering, etc.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:43:23 )

@Koah: Yeah I was there. I left because I wasn't close to family, cost of living, wildfires and car dependency.
Cost of living isn't cheap in DC, but it's less and there is more to do here. I live in a 2B/2B single family home not too far from the train station in a walkable neighborhood. There is lots of cool things to do here. Free museums, nice parks, walkable, and beautiful.

@Lilykin: Well damn, that sucks.

@Wildfire: Wow go you doing Yoga! I've learned my body is much happier if I hydrate before showering too. I don't know why lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:43:26 )

@Totalanimefan: ugh nm can be change here in my end... Is an old building and is not very soundproof. Like the walls here are pretty hollow.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:45:58 )

@Purpsy: RIP that sucks. I guess headphones or just having background music on in the room could help.
Speaking of, there is an ambulance going by just now. lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:46:00 )
@Totalanimefan: lol - I've been doing yoga to one degree or another since I was a kid.
I think the hydration thing after exercise and before shower is (1) you need to rehydrate, (2) you're tired and need a couple minutes to recover (3) heat from shower immediately after a workout and without hydration can be a bit too much. At least for me. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:46:07 )
@Purpsy: Well~ If you Ever find yourself in Oregon, lemme know and you're welcome to come over. c: hehe.
I'm probably making my area sound way nicer than it actually is. e.e"

@Wildfire: you're having a productive morning! <3

@Totalanimefan: Oh! That absolutely makes sense. I'm glad you're not in Cali, the fires this year were probably equally devastating compared to last year. e.e"
Something I do miss from living in a city is the free museums. :d Now I gotta drive hours even to find a museum XDD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:46:55 )

Oooh that's what you mean by invisible puzzle pieces. I actually like the transparency though ♡

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 16:47:41 )
@Koah: Yeah, so far. I have an appointment this afternoon though and I'm hoping (1) I have the energy to deal with crazy people driving for the 45 minuets or so that it's likely to take me to get there (2) I don't have to drive back in rush hour traffic (3) it's not raining during either leg of the trip XD

How are you?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.