Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:06:45 )
    @CooperationIsKey: aw he’s still a baby <3 my boy is 7 now, nearly 8.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:07:06 )
    @Purpsy: your avatar is perfection!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:09:05 )

@sunny: I'm back from lunch now. ^^

@CooperationIsKey: The dog doesn't have a leash?
Have they thought about training the dog? Getting bit is a pretty traumatic thing. I know I've been bit before and I love dogs.

@star2000shadow: Thanks for the encouragement!
You got this with the arm exercises. They are hard at first but your body will get used to it. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:10:01 )

I ate out. I went to a deli and had a bagel sandwich with taro bubble tea. But it was just taro powder with ice and cold boba. Not great.
But now I feel like I'm going through a sugar crash. T_T

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:10:02 )
    @Totalanimefan: welcome back! what did you have?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:10:20 )
    Oh just saw your post. Sounds yummy!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:10:42 )
    Is boba tea very sugary usually?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:12:20 )

@sunny: Some places it is and some you can change the sugar levels. This one was really sweet. I couldn't even finish the whole thing.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:13:42 )
    @Totalanimefan: hmmm. That’s a shame :( I still have never tried bubble tea. The nearest place is in NOttingham and I haven’t been there in ages for obvious reasons :(

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:17:40 )

@sunny: Some bubble tea places are great! Others it's just a cold drink with flavored syrups and it's really not great. Most of the places near me are like that, but there were a lot of good boba tea places in CA that I loved. They actually used tea lol.
This place was just a powder with ice in a blender. Not really 'tea'

I hope the place you go to will be good.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:19:15 )
    @Totalanimefan: powder instead of tea? Sounds kinda gritty tbh. I would have thought there’d be lots of good places considering you live in the capital city :O

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:19:42 )

@Totalanimefan: He does, but getting him into his harness is a chore. He doesn't sit still very well. (also something we've been working on.) I do wish he were better trained. He'll bark himself silly if anything unusual is happening. I was trying to take him out for walks to help him get more used to people at a distance at least, but a sketchy neighbor at the end of the street lost his crap at me like the first day I took him out for letting him poop on the guy's lawn (even though I had a bag and picked it up immediately, and technically it was the easement, not his yard) and I haven't had the nerve to go back out since. I hate social anxiety. :C

What's cute though is Toki's reaction to objects he hasn't encountered before, like one day I brought in a hammer to hang something in my room and man he did NOT trust the hammer lmao. Not a barking fit or anything just had that "I don't know what this is or if I can trust it" behavior dogs do, and it was super cute. He's done that for a few other things since, including a tape measure. I don't think he likes tools! XD

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:21:20 )

@Totalanimefan: Omg there was a chain in the Los Angeles area called Honey Boba that had amaaaaazing tea, but I think they went out of business. I haven't really found a good tea place near me since moving to Florida. Definitely prefer it to be real tea, though!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:23:05 )
    He’s just not into DIY… XD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:23:10 )

@sunny: I haven't tried every place, so I don't know for sure. But some of them are just the powder or syrup so that's disappointing. And I don't like those because not only does it not taste like tea, but it's just way too sweet.
CA has a lot of people from Asia there, so they are used to the good quality stuff lol

@CooperationIsKey: Wow that guy was a real jerk. What the heck was his problem. You had a bag AND it wasn't even his lawn. I swear some people. You shouldn't feel bad about that.
That's pretty funny. I'm glad that my dog is old and mostly passed the barking stage.
Oh the place I loved in northern CA was called Teaspoon and they used Honey Boba and real tea. I would order the tea 0% sweet and just let the sweetness of the boba take over. I'm not feeling too great from the super sugary one I had for lunch.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:27:39 )

@koneko You should just stay as bees for today. XD It's funny. (Unless you don't like it)
Lunch was good enough. I wish the overly sweet foods feeling in my tummy would go away. Do not want.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:31:20 )

Nice ^^ I like it

I bet, but just know you got this and you aren't doing anything wrong. It's just how it works when trying to find a new job. People don't get back to you at the same time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:32:01 )

I took some rolaids to help me. I should feel better soon.
I should have known better than to get boba tea from a place that wasn't a boba tea place. Ugh.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:33:36 )

@sunny: ROFL yeah, I guess!

@Totalanimefan: I don't feel bad about Toki pooping where every animal in the damn neighborhood does (including his own dog, as I've witnessed), especially since I cleaned it up, which is normal for people walking dogs. I used to have people walk their dogs in my lawn and not clean it up, now that was a reason to be upset!

But the guy is quite possibly a gang banger and I really just don't want to cross his path again if I can help it. Which is hard since he's on the corner that leads out of our dead-end cul-de-sac.

I get you on the overly sweet tea; I like my tea sweetened but I can only stand so much before it's nauseating. My day-to-day tea is just sweetened a little bit.

This reminds me I have a canned taro boba tea in the fridge... I wonder if it's any good.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 20:36:05 )

Koneko, I'll be honest, I've been a bit hesitant to try it. I was excited when I first found it because pickings for this sort of thing are slim where I live, but I dunno about boba that's been sitting in canned liquid for months. XD

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.