Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 02:56:18 )

@MoodyB: Yeah I don't understand large size tablets. I supposed you have more room to draw on but I would like to get one that's small enough to travel or carry you know. Yeah my brother is pushing me to draw more digitally and I always had interest to do some digital art and I'm happy I can now. But I also had come to appreciate traditional art as well especially watercolour because I suffered using that medium a lot.

Hmm I need to have that mindset this year as well. I have gone a little better over the years and have been more forgiving to myself everytime I try something new but I kind of need to push out of my comfort zone more. I would really like to add some illustrations with my drawings which I kind of do (is a process) and ooh draw some short comics. That's something I'm kind of interested to do with digital art.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 03:03:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: i think i'd be more concerned for my neck and back since some are like 22 inches or 27 lol.
and that is too much.
Mine is an okay size but it's too much for me.
That's so kind of him, sounds like a very encouraging brother. Sounds like my sister.
Watercolor seems nice. I mostly take interest in gouache but alas im too poor to afford art supplies so i am mostly
a digital artist only for now.

making art can be a challenge in itself. tho i am surprised by myself last year since i made roughly around 50 drawings last year.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 05:02:29 )
@Wildfire: Red beans and rice is a pretty normal meal for us (I live with a friend of mine and our family of cats has officially merged), the lateness on the other hand...eh.
Noctem de Magia Academy
///
Voltra's Space Station
///
The Warlock's Frozen Attic--It's cold out there!
\\\
Space Solstice Shenanigans!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 06:02:50 )

@MoodyB: Lol that's also my main reason why I want to do digital art. I'm also too broke to buy any expensive art supplies and even if I do my cheap ass nature still wouldn't go for it. Digital art seems a rather best way for me to draw since I have unlimited options and they're free programs such as Krita for me to use. All I need to buy is a drawing tablet.

Yeah funny though my brother is not a real fan of my drawings cause he doesn't like my art style as much lol. Just him being blunt but still supportive. But when he saw me start drawing digitally he became a real fan real quick. He said that digital art seems to fit my art style well more or something x'D

And 50 drawings!? Damn that is commitment right there while I haven't even completed my sketchbook yet which I had since 2019 lmao.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 06:16:09 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: Krita is super great.
if you ever want to get a program tho, I do recommend CSP because there is a lot you can do in it.
I really love it for transfering Photoshop brushes into it, and the timelapse and animation feature.
but for starting off krita is great.
and it also has an animation feature.

It's nice he suddenly became a fan and trying to support you.
Art can be very hard to do. i don't feel i have a style quite yet that i enjoy.
mostly since i love semi-realistic painting but not at that level quite yet.

Some of them were commissions, but it was quite the impressive year lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 06:52:44 )

@MoodyB: CSP? Never heard of that before. Yeah Krita seems to have good reviews and well known but I rather stick with this for awhile. I have experience with digital art already but I'm still new at it. More options kinda overwhelms me more...

I think I have an art style already and it took a long time for me to have my own and Iove but I need to improve more. But you'll get there ^^
I remember starting out and doing commissions as well and I was surprise they were people that actually want commissions from me because my drawings back then were... umm not the best lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 07:05:43 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: Clip studio paint. It's a one purchase program.
my friend bought it for me last spring and it's just...amazing.
so if you ever want an upgrade i definitely recommend that.

Yeah digital art is and can be so overwhelming. but take it one step at a time
and just draw what you like.

Commissions have been so hard for me for some reason.
not sure why. but i havent really gotten any.
which sometimes makes me think maybe my art isn't good enough.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 14:44:48 )
Good morning everyone.

What's going on for or with you today?

I got a little absorbed in taking down holiday decorations yesterday and then watching stupid movies/tv with hubby. Today, I really need to do some cooking and menu planning.

@0v7: oOOOoooooh!!! Somebody has a nifty blue highlight around their posts! Congrats! <3 ... so "artist" or "pixelist"? Voltra doesn't differentiate in the highlighting/tagging, does it?
(I knew you got it!! Seriously, congrats!)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 17:23:00 )

@MoodyB: Good morning! I think Wild mentioned that to me but I'll look into it if I plan to switch in the future ^^
Yeah I'm taking my time with it definitely and I'm enjoying my time learning. At least now I don't find it a hassle to post my art online anymore is a lot difficult because my camera on my phone is not so good and can't handle brightness very well. I had to take pics on less gloomy days to have good quality pictures TwT

Yeah commissions in general are stressful. It doesn't help for people who already has anxiety to begin with. I remembering having a very hard time for people not paying on time or just straight up ghosted me. But my dad said to me before even if your drawings are not so great right now, there's always someone out there who will take interest of it. So I say take this time to practice while you can :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 17:37:27 )

@Wildfire: Me and my mom planned to take down christmas decorations next week it seems so for now I've just been cleaning a bit here and there around my apartment. I had a good excuse not to during the holidays

For now I just made a fresh cup of coffee and planned to be here and browse on reddit for a bit. I don't really have concrete plans for today.
Oh! And plan to finish a drawing today and that's it I suppose.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 18:03:05 )
@Purpsy: Hi Purpsy. That sounds like a fairly relaxing day. What drawing are you working on today?

I am getting distracted away from menu planning and cooking and in to design things, but that's ok because this needs to get done too. It's an overcast day here and it's putting me in to a semi-lazy day mode XD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 18:14:25 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Wildfire: Pixelist!! I'll be honest, I didn't recognize my own post with the new border lol >w>; Also thank you!!! I'm super excited to be on the team :D

How've you been? How was your New Years?

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 18:24:07 )

@Wildfire: Is the same one I mentioned before.
I'm nearly done with it and I may use it as a sig pic or post style like some people do here.
Not sure yet owo

I think that's a good distraction lol xD
Food is life afterall pfft

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 18:33:33 )
@0v7: Congrats :3 I can't wait to see what you come up with. Are you having fun so far? I assume they've let you in to the staff forums at this point ... learning a lot?

@Purpsy: LOL! Yes, food is life, and I really should spend some time thinking about it or I'm likely to keep grabbing the less healthy but more convenient options I have for the kids... and I really don't need to be doing any more of that!! XD I'd love to see your drawing when you're done with it :3 I should do some post style thing for my posts too... but I have so many other things to do!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 18:35:18 )
Also, I finally got first place in the avatar of the week competition... although it is a three-way tie LOL! - all three of the avs are quite different!! If you voted for me, thank you <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 18:42:01 )

@Wildfire: Well unhealthy convenient foods can be very tempting *salivates thinking of instant ramen* =q=
Yeah you may see it today if I stop procrastinating and just finish the drawing lol xDD

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 18:52:04 )

@Wildfire: I haven't started training yet :0 I've been making items in the meantime so I can get stuff to submit once I actually am able to :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 18:58:35 )
@Purpsy: Yes, exactly. I buy some of the convenience foods (and things like pasta) for the kids who are still in the "I need all the calories I can get" stage, but if I don't make sure there's good food around for me (that I pre-make), it can be all too easy to just grab their stuff.

@0v7: That sounds like a good use of your time waiting. Do you expect to have much training to go through?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 19:00:08 )
This is exactly

Hewwo

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 19:00:10 )

@Wildfire: I... have no idea :D! I wouldn't mind any amount, whatever it takes to get me up to speed w/ the rest of staff :3

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.