Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 18:06:47 )
@Totalanimefan: Compared to what we've been having I'd happily take 19 lol. Sorry to hear that it's affecting your house though. Jokes aside, cold is only ok when your house can handle it and keep you warm after you've been outside. Sorry to hear :(

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 18:20:00 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yes. 19 does sound better than -30 XD
Yeah we are supposed to get new windows which should help. They aren't here yet, watch they aren't going to be here until Summer or something like that
So true. It's almost like it doesn't matter how cold outside is, it just matters how cold inside is. At least last summer we got the house insulated from underneath. There was nothing under the house before and the cross breeze would go right under the house and would make the floor only a few degrees warmer than outside. Now at least it could be like 19 outside and the floor feels like 50 with the heating on.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/22 20:57:35 )

@Totalanimefan: I can only imagine! I once had an order take an hour and a half to get to my house from a restaurant 15 min away. -.-

Ugh. I don't want it to be 90F today. :c

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 02:29:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Hopefully you get your windows before summer lol! That would be just awful if they waited that long especially considering how cold it's been there. I'm super glad you got the flooring fixed omg! That sounds awful otherwise!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 16:18:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Busy busy indeed! How've you been?

@Hardcore Uvula: If you don't mind action and mecha, I highly recommend Gurren Lagann. One of my favorites that I don't mind watching over and over.

@ArsenicAttitude: Aw man, hope you're feeling not so much pain now!

@SorrowTheMad: That's great that life is improving for you! :) I remember spending all of my time in my room, save for school. Didn't realize it was depression until much later and having changed my lifestyle a bit. I used to have phone anxiety too, like I'd have my mom make my phone calls for me, or I'd write down exactly what I wanted to say before making those calls. Now I have no issues with the phone, and I'd like to thank work for that lol. I will say I do screen my calls at work now because of my new role in HR. I don't want people yelling at me before I figure out what they're yelling about. xDD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 17:07:23 )

@Hardcore Uvula: Wow that's really long. Last night I decided for dinner I would have biscuits and gravy. Made the gravy myself, and the biscuits where from a can/tube. I like those ones because they are ready in like 15 mins. 90 is hot! that's like my limit.

@SorrowTheMad: Yes last winter was awful and it was considered a warmer winter for us, so it very rarely hit 32F. But this winter has been colder than average and it's been below freezing for a few days. I'm right on the snow/rain line so normally it's in the 40's or 30's for winter. Today it might actually get above freezing lol

@Aisukohi: Been good. There was nothing else to do this week so I finished all the of the reading for my class. Between the crap weather and Rona numbers around here, I haven't really been leaving the house. Yesterday was around freezing but it was sunny, so I did walk for like an hour. It was nice to get out of the house but my poor hands were soo cold. Even with a hand warmer.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 17:12:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Sounds similar to my weekend lol. Yesterday was cold and wet in the 40s and 50s, but I did end up going out for lunch, which was a good call because it was delicious. My hands froze a little too yesterday while out trying to get iced coffee lol. Today is sunnier and a bit warmer, but I don't plan on leaving the house. Was unsure if I'd be able to get laundry done today (our washer and dryer units are outside on our screened in porch) but since the sun is out, can't say I have much of an excuse to not get some done lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 17:20:53 )

@Aisukohi: I have to do laundry cause my dog peed in his own bed (and laid in it, so I have to wash his sweater too)
What did you have when you went out to eat?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 17:56:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Aww, poor baby. Is he elderly? And I had fried clam strips and fries lol. I'm such a sucker for fried seafood. Love me a good fish n' chips too, but yesterday was feeling more like clam strips. I have some leftover, which I'm contemplating throwing in the air fryer for lunch.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 18:16:29 )

@Aisukohi: Yes he is. He's 13 years old.
Oh nice. That sounds good. I had tacos on Friday night for the 1st time in a while and I forgot how good they are lol
I think that sounds like a good lunch. I'm gonna have leftovers too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 18:40:29 )
@Totalanimefan: Aww, I was wondering because of the accident. <3

Tacos are always good! The street tacos anyway. I don't care for the American style lol. What kind of leftovers do you have?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 20:45:34 )

@Aisukohi: Yes I meant street tacos. Keep forgetting there is Tex-Mex style which I'm not a fan of.
I have 1 taco and 2 churros left still. :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 20:47:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh gotcha lol. Yay churros! I don't get to have those often. I had one when I went to Disney around Thanksgiving, but it was kinda stale. D; I ate it anyway because I was hungry lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 20:49:19 )

@Aisukohi: You know Disney is the one that got me hooked on Churros years ago, but the last one I had at Disney sucked. It was like stale and hard? Not good.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 20:55:30 )
@Totalanimefan: I used to not even like churros because of the cinnamon, but now I guess they're okay somehow lol. But yeah, I was pretty bummed about the quality of that churro. For the price I pay, they better be good!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 21:53:14 )

@Aisukohi: Heck yeah it's like 3 times the price of one you would find in a good Mexican restaurant and then on top of that, it also sucks? No thank you. Never wasting my money on a Disney Churro again (and I used to love them)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/24 01:28:35 )
@Totalanimefan: I think if ever I were to buy another Disney churro, it'd have to be first thing in the morning, that way I know it should be kinda fresh.

For their 50th anniversary, they had a churro with this marshmallow drizzle, chocolate dipping sauce, and sprinkles. I didn't try that one because it sounded cloyingly sweet.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/24 02:26:52 )

@Aisukohi: I've never been into Mecha. :c

@Totalanimefan: Nice. We went out to a friend's and had satay chicken on rice, and then we went to see the Dune movie. =3 Was out until midnight, but it was worth it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/24 05:03:04 )

@Aisukohi: oh gosh that sounds way too sweet. I do like the funnel cakes but I ask for them with like half sugar lol
@Hardcore Uvula: chicken satay is so good. I almost always order it when I get Thai food.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/24 07:02:16 )

@Totalanimefan: As far as Thai food goes, I am a sucker for Pad Thai. I order it every time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.