Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 01:53:31 )

@Totalanimefan: We own. X3 We got some stuff to fix it, just gotta do it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 01:56:18 )

@Hardcore Uvula: Windows are an expensive fix, and I don't know about over there, but in the US there is a wood supply shortage. So windows cost EXTRA atm. I'm a home owner too. ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 01:59:47 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, we're doing a janky silicone fix.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 06:24:50 )
Aisukohi:
@Totalanimefan: I'm the same way with socks and sandals. Like...you're wearing shoes that purposely allow your feet to breathe better, but you have socks too???

It also doesn't make sense that they don't recycle considering the local grocery stores have their own recycling bins. Mind you, they can only hold so much at a time, but still, they make it happen! Unless it's all just a facade and they dump it in the end, which they better not!!

Yeeeah, I'd hope that the day it snows, I wouldn't have to go anywhere and can stay home safe and adequately stocked with the essentials. xD But if I had to, there's a grocery store and a Target within walking distance from me.
how did I miss this post. Sorry lol
Ew socks and sandals lol
That’s true. Not everything that we put into the recycling bin gets recycled. And companies shouldn’t be allowed to sell us non-recyclable material anymore. It’s cheap for them but expensive for everyone else.
There is going to be another storm this weekend and people are already panic buying. There was NO eggs at the store. Not even the vegan replacements lol. No meat, no impossible meat, no cream of wheat, no hamburger buns, no oranges, no bell peppers. It was just crazy.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 06:37:02 )

@Hardcore Uvula: that’s an easy fix. One of my windows is badly cracked and all of the windows have bad drafts and you can hear everything that is going on outside. I’ve even been woken up in the morning by people walking by my window talking on the sidewalk. So after many months I’m getting new windows soon. Just got the permit from the city this week.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 07:44:45 )

@Totalanimefan: That's awesome. I hope it goes well for you!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 16:52:39 )

@Hardcore Uvula: Thanks. Now that I have the permit the company is going to make the windows, but who knows how long that will take. ^^;
How was your day?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 00:35:56 )
@Totalanimefan: No worries lol. Yeah, I loathe socks and sandals. xDD I also wish companies were banned from using single-use wrapping, or at least the kind that's not really biodegradable. I need to be better about bringing our shopping totes.

Wow, I like how some of those missing ingredients you'll need to cook them to enjoy them. What if your power goes out? No Denver omelet for you! xD; I really hate it when people panic buy stuff though. I keep meaning to restock our emergency stash of bottled water. Should look over an emergency kit really, even though we're not expecting any major storms for the next few months.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 00:51:17 )

@Aisukohi: Never been a socks and sandals person, but you know for as long as Florida will continue to exist, so will that lol
France just banned single use plastics for food waste! I was really happy that they did that. I hope that other countries will continue to do the same.

I don't like it either. I read that it's a combo of the snow storm making the trucks unable to deliver food, Dole recall on salads, Rona staffing issues and panic buying. It's just a perfect storm (haha puns). Today I walked to Whole Foods because I knew they would have stuff. And they mostly did. No beans, no crackers but I saw a ton of produce and I got a lot. Avocado, grapes, 2 red bell peppers, apples, and I thought about getting oranges, but I felt like I had enough.
You are probably good on the water. Hurricane season doesn't start until June 1st, although with climate change I feel like they should make it start May 1st now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 00:54:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Too true lol. And yes, I saw that about France! I believe New Zealand also started that ban a few years ago.

lol @ puns. Glad you were able to find some produce, even if I know it was more expensive because it's Whole Foods. xP I love their baked goods and it's kinda hard to have some self-control in that section. xD Yeah someone told me we're supposed to have more named storms this year and I told them we better not! We've paid our dues! 3 evacuations within the last 6 years, no more!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 01:01:53 )

@Aisukohi: Good job NZ for doing that too!
Every piece of produce I got was on sale and the grapes were only $2.99 a pound. I feel like that's cheap for winter. That's like a in-season price. And I know that they are more expensive, but if they actually have what I need, I'm not going to complain haha. I LOVE Whole Foods' baked goods. My theory is because it's actually made of what you would bake with if you made it yourself. It's like Eggs, Milk, Flour, Sugar. If you look at other store's baked goods it's just a huge long list of junk. 2020 hurricane season was looking like 2005! It was crazy. I think with the current treads and La Niña there will be more storms than average, but that doesn't mean they will make landfall or be powerful. Let's hope for only small storms lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 01:31:22 )
@Totalanimefan: True, like I told you earlier, I tend to spend a lot on food. xD I love the rare chance that I get grocery gift cards lol. But you're right, I hate reading a list of ingredients I can't even pronounce or know what they're for without looking it up. My weakness is things with palm oil (or vegetable oil) because I know that industry is responsible for the endangerment of orangutans and other animals. Like I freakin' love Nutella, but the other alternatives I find in stores all have palm oil too!

Yes, let's hope it's a pretty mild storm season. ;A;

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 01:46:10 )

@Aisukohi: Whole Foods gift cards are like winning the lotto lol
I love stuff with palm oil too, even though it's bad for your bod and the environment. I just try to limit how much I have, but it's hard because it's in everything! Nutella is good. I love the dipping to go cups. I really try to avoid them because I think one cup with the dippers is like 400 calories lol
We all deserve a mild season after the last few years.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 01:59:49 )
@Totalanimefan: I've never had a Whole Foods gift card (just Publix or Winn Dixie) but I'd be hella excited for one of those! I especially love Nutella in crepes. *q*

I'm super hungry now, but waiting for fiance to get home to see what he's eating. Sometimes he brings food home from work for me/us since he's a chef. I have leftover spaghetti if he doesn't bring anything though lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 02:07:09 )

@Aisukohi: I do miss Publix. Their bakery is very good. ^^ Not really a fan of Winn Dixie though ^^;
I'm super hungry too. I guess I should cook something. It would be nice if you didn't have to cook tonight.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 02:13:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Publix cakes are particularly good lol. I've never been big on Winn Dixie either. Even since I was a kid, any location I go into, they always seem so dingy and run down. But when I do get gift cards, I'm happy to use them because free money lol.

What are your options for dinner?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 02:19:27 )

@Aisukohi: Publix cake was my wedding cake and everyone loved it.
I also would get a Publix cake every year for my bday too growing up. ^^
I think I'm going to make the recipe I talked about here
Voltra Cooking thread

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 02:27:34 )
@Totalanimefan: lol I totes remember this conversation about Publix cake now. And that looks like a satisfying meal! I'm having leftover spaghetti after all since fiance doesn't feel like cooking, which is totally fine.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 02:48:10 )

@Totalanimefan: I was honestly in a pretty bad mood yesterday, but I am feeling a lot better now. Maybe sleeping until noon helped~! You?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/14 14:03:30 )
@Totalanimefan: Good to know! I have a Type C charging port but it seems like none of the Type Cs I have charge fast at all. I'll try to find one that charges fast maybe? Idk.

@Aisukohi: Yeah, driving through blizzard-conditions is no fun, or even just with someone that didn't scrape their cars off. Yikes, thankfully we don't get too much in the way of flying debris from trucks although driving anywhere near a semi makes me nervous regardless lol. Driving with cracked windshields is crazy. One good bump and it's all gone. People are stupid. I'm glad your insurance was able to pay for the cracked windshield for you though :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.