Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 02:39:11 )
@Totalanimefan: lol that had to be the worst. I hate feeling unprepared in a park like that. Like, wanna buy some expensive merch to feel a little more comfortable? xP NO!!

Omg yes, the heat and humidity with no wind is murder! Honestly don't know how I handled it so well as a kid. There were times as an adult I went to a football game, and I had to hide in the shade (the stadium isn't a dome) to avoid heat exhaustion or stroke, which I swear was never a thing for me growing up. But bodies change I guess, and this climate change is no joke.

And yes, pretty much all hot areas for me as I lived in central GA first, then southern. I think it snowed briefly when we were in central, but it wasn't enough to stick or anything. After I moved away from south GA, it actually snowed there for the first time in who knows how long, which was a fluke. I'm like, you WOULD snow when I'm not there. xDD Same with Jacksonville where it snowed here sometime before we moved here. Trust me, I don't WANT to live where it snows all the time, but just a fluke snow wouldn't be the end of the world (for me).

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 02:43:32 )

@Totalanimefan: I think the blueberries liked it. She gets this wood stuff that falls apart when wet and form a powder. It's more biodegradable than normal litter is.

Yeah, I don't know. He's weird. X3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 03:02:40 )

@Aisukohi: Haha I was just a kid so my mom got us hoodies but it was really expensive and they were flying of the shelves too. So I had one shorts and a hoodie. I was freezing lol. But the hoodie did help.

I guess as a kid we didn't make as much heat ourselves? I feel like kids are often cold. I've gotten overheated before. It really, really sucks. 0/10 to not recommend. I'm glad that you were ok. Climate change is no joke. The summers are only getting hotter. I was watching a 90's movie the other day and there was a girl running in the summer and I was thinking it's way too hot for that, and then I thought well 30 years ago it wasn't as hot in the summer and then I was sad that climate change is ruining the earth (and no one seems to take it seriously enough)
I'm sure if it were to snow in a place like Jacksonville, you wouldn't really have to worry about it sticking to the ground or anything like that. You could just enjoy the flakes as they fell. ^^

@Hardcore Uvula: Oh that makes sense. I'm thinking like Tidy cats brand and I'm like what? XD My cat uses a natural litter that made from corn and he likes it.
I feel like some boys/guys have this thing about peeing in the yard and I just don't understand haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 03:28:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh man, it makes me laugh to see people in hoodies and shorts here, especially short shorts. Like, how are you not still cold? xD

I definitely wish we would take climate change more seriously. It really peeves me that none of the apartments I've lived the last several years recycle. Like, this is literally a rich neighborhood, and you're telling me you can't afford the facilities to do so? Using that logic, my new title is the Queen of England!

I'd definitely enjoy the snow as it was falling. Too bad some people here would think it's Armageddon. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 03:36:42 )

@Aisukohi: I don't understand that look on purpose. I think it's weird, but whatever I guess.
What!? That should be illegal. How on earth can they not recycle what the heck. I guess the company doesn't want to pay for it? That makes me mad.
I would not want to go on the roads in FL when it snows if that ever happens again. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 03:40:58 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm the same way with socks and sandals. Like...you're wearing shoes that purposely allow your feet to breathe better, but you have socks too???

It also doesn't make sense that they don't recycle considering the local grocery stores have their own recycling bins. Mind you, they can only hold so much at a time, but still, they make it happen! Unless it's all just a facade and they dump it in the end, which they better not!!

Yeeeah, I'd hope that the day it snows, I wouldn't have to go anywhere and can stay home safe and adequately stocked with the essentials. xD But if I had to, there's a grocery store and a Target within walking distance from me.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 04:46:09 )

@Totalanimefan: Being not-boy (unlike my avatar), I do not understand the urge, but most men I've known have this urge and it's like... Are you marking your territory?

Anything fun happen/ing today?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 18:06:11 )

@Hardcore Uvula: I'm girl too and I don't get it, maybe coming inside to pee is too much work? lol
Just studying, it's very cold out but the sun is shining at least ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 00:03:32 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah. I think they do it cause they can.

I'm glad you've got some sun. I hate the sun here, especially in summer! It's hotter than in the States.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 00:50:28 )

@Hardcore Uvula: Yeah summer is extreme there. Have you had a lot of wildfires this season? I lived in CA for 5 years and the wildfire season is just getting worse and worse every year.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 04:08:21 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah kinda, it's just very dull. And my phone dies quickly now because of how much I'm on it lol.

@Aisukohi: I totally get what you mean about those bad rains, we have something similar with snow that we call "white out." It's actually illegal to drive a vehicle if you don't completely dust it off of snow (even if it's snowing) because large chunks of snow can fly off your roof or even your hood or trunk and land on someone else's windshield, completely blinding them. I have actually seen that happen in snow though where someone pulls over and gets hit, because in a bad blizzard it doesn't take long for people to get covered, or even for wind to push a driving car into a parked one. But I agree, tornadoes suck.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 04:19:20 )

@SorrowTheMad: Time to get an extended battery lol jk. I do have one though and I really liked it. I use when traveling or playing Pokemon Go a lot.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 06:26:00 )

@Totalanimefan: I know it gets worse in Oregon, too. We haven't had any big fires this summer, which is good. We actually had some flooding that ruined a bunch of crops.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 06:38:52 )

@Hardcore Uvula: I remember the awful ones you guys got in 2020. It was horrible and little did we know it would set the scene for the rest of the year.
Flooding is also not good. And flooding near you? Or in a different state?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 10:42:35 )

@Totalanimefan: I think it's in New South Wales, which is the state above mine. I think... But it still affects the supply of things lie potatoes.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 14:05:06 )
@Totalanimefan: I do have an external battery but it charges very slowly and is a few years old. I might try to get a new one soon, one that charges quickly

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/12 20:31:12 )

@Hardcore Uvula: Yes even though you have your house in still effects things like supply chain which means you can't get some foods.

@SorrowTheMad: I recommend the Anker brand. ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 01:12:10 )

@Totalanimefan: Absolutely. We had such a torrential rain storm here, too. We found out when it absolutely dumps, our windows leak. So that was fun!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 01:46:22 )
@SorrowTheMad: The illegal-ness of driving with snow on your vehicle makes a lot of sense, and that sounds really scary to have that as a potential hazard while driving! When driving, we try to keep our distance from larger trucks that can kick up rocks, even the ones with mud flaps behind their tires, since I swear those do next to nothing. Having to get your cracked windshield repaired from a stray rock wasn't fun for us since our eyesight safety feature had to be recalibrated twice to function properly. I see people driving with cracked windshields all the time and it makes me hella nervous! Our repairs were free with our insurance, thankfully.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/13 01:51:34 )

@Hardcore Uvula: Wow! That's really great! /s
Are you renting or do you own?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.