Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 02:16:50 )

@Hardcore Uvula: That sounds amazing. When I was a kid I went to a U-pick with my family and the blueberries were amazing. Best I had ever had I was eating so many, but we also picked so many more and my grandma made a blueberry cobbler that was also amazing. It's summer for you atm, so are you going to have more blueberries?

@SorrowTheMad: We do have plows here. For the storm that we got 8 inches form, it rained for about 4 hours before it turned into snow, so they couldn't salt the roads before hand. That made things a lot harder. I think it took 2 days for the city to get like 90% of the roads done. People also lost power too. (Luckily I didn't). That's a good point. I guess come March you guys will start to get busy again?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 03:54:38 )

@Totalanimefan: I don't have blueberry bushes here. My husband hates them, so much, and we don't have room for them. We only have a small garden space. But, I would buy them as often as I can, but they're SO EXPENSIVE.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 06:10:36 )
@SorrowTheMad: not all NPCs are generic

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 13:32:41 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah that's fair. I'm glad everything worked out in the end. :) Snow is no fun for anyone to try and drive in so I'm glad you're all ok. And yeah, it'll be about March or April once we start getting busy again. Almost wondering if it's worth even going in today...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 16:52:45 )

@Hardcore Uvula: I was thinking about growing them last spring but it takes a few years to get a good haul, I would have to grow them in a container, and they like acidic soil plus lots of water. But in 2021 we had done drought conditions on and off so it’s a good thing I didn’t do it.

@SorrowTheMad: if you need the money I guess it’s worth it. Even if you are just on your phone.

@Ruby: hey ^^ What’s up?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 22:30:51 )

@Totalanimefan: Absolutely. We had to water them a lot. We actually got berries in the second year, I think, which is unusual if I remember correctly!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 22:59:21 )

@Hardcore Uvula: That's cool. Where they good?
Now I'll just stick to what I can grow inside only haha

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 23:23:02 )

@Totalanimefan: They were good.

And that's understandable! I'm just happy I could plant my rosemary and lavender yesterday! I felt so accomplished. Like, I have a real garden now! I love the feeling, and I've never really been a garden person.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/10 23:34:06 )

@Hardcore Uvula: Oh does sound so nice! I thought about planting lavender in my backyard for anti-mosquito. I never looked into it too much. They are very aggressive so I don't think just lavender would help. You can share photos if you want. I'm sure your backyard looks really pretty.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 00:47:11 )

@Totalanimefan: It's mostly established and filled in, but the place where we're going to plant vegetables is pretty bare. But, I'm still excited. I'll have to get some pictures for you!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 01:18:40 )

@Hardcore Uvula: Which veggies are you going to grow? What grows well near you?
I look forward to seeing the pics ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 01:21:04 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm not sure! I know beans grow well, citrus, fruit, tomatoes. IN don't eat tomatoes, though, haha. We have a small rhubarb plant growing from the previous owners, as well as a grape vine and potatoes.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 01:40:36 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't want it cold enough to get ice, but could stand to be in the 30s or 40s perhaps lol. But I live at the beaches area, which tends to be warmer than more inland because of the sea breeze, which is nice. It's funny how there can be totally different climates when it takes 20 minutes to get from here to more inland. For example, we could have sunshine while downtown is getting pounded by rain. There have been times we were driving around town and we were in and out of rain clouds.

@SorrowTheMad: Thank you! lol that 4-wheel drive about ditches was funny. A lot of the rain storms we get aren't so bad, but there can be times where you can't see 2 feet in front of you while driving. It used to be illegal to drive with your hazard lights on, but I guess they recently changed that. Some people will pull over to the side of the road and wait it out, but that's the WORST thing you can do because anybody can hit you. I honestly recommend pulling over to a parking lot if you're going to wait it out. Thunderstorms here are pretty nice, but it's the lightning storms that can be terrifying. Been through a few hurricanes too, which we always evacuate for if they reach us since we live in a flood zone by the beaches. Tornadoes...they happen, but thankfully not too often. Haven't been through one yet, personally, and I hope not to because those are a lot more terrifying than hurricanes. You get all the time in the world to prepare for a hurricane, but little to none with tornadoes.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 01:40:46 )

@Hardcore Uvula: I don't like tomatoes. I try to much to like them, but I just don't.
Citrus straight off the tree is amazing. You can grow them in FL and we had a few tress going up. The oranges off the tree are just amazing. I think they are picky about things, and if the oranges are sour, it's either too young of a tree, or you didn't fertilizer it enough or something like that. We could throw in the rest of the fish after filleting it. (My Dad's a fishermen)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 01:47:44 )

@Totalanimefan: Haha. We don't eat fish. Neither of us like it at all. But there are things we can get to fertilize it for sure. Here it's tradition for pee on your lemon trees! I don't think I'm going to encourage that, though.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 01:48:55 )

@Aisukohi: Yeah like I would never want to move to Orlando. You don't have the sea breeze. So in the summer it's like 100 and then in the winter it gets much colder. I feel like they always get the cold front when they move into the state.
Freezing does suck, but it is nice to get a break from the heat too. Are you from FL? Have you always lived there?

@Hardcore Uvula: lolol don't pee on your trees. Someone probably said that because it has a lot of nitrates in pee which is good for trees. But don't pee on them haha
I don't like fish, but my dad would go fishing and then sell the fish. ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 02:02:17 )
@Totalanimefan: I can't recall ever being in Orlando during a time it was really cold, but I'll take your word for it lol. I don't have the same tolerance for heat like I used to, which is funny because it's the opposite for when it's cold for me as well. Like back then, I couldn't stand it at all, but now I welcome it (to an extent anyway). I'm not really from anywhere since I'm a U.S. Air Force brat. Was born in Germany and moved to Georgia (the state) when I was about 3. Lived there for about 6 years before moving to Okinawa, Japan and lived there for 6 years before moving back stateside to a different part of Georgia. Lived there for 5 years before moving to Florida. Been here since 2009 when my parents retired together. They moved us here because this is where they grew up and met each other at a local high school. They got married shortly after graduating and went into the Air Force shortly after that together, just 6 days apart.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 02:26:50 )

@Aisukohi: I was in Disney during a cold front as a kid and it was really cold! Went from like 75 to about 45 in a few hours. We were all freezing. lol
But I've been to Orlando a few times in the winter and it was weird how even though it was only a 2 hour drive north of me, it was much colder. And of course I've been a ton of times in the summer. SOO hot T_T Like why is it 96 with no breeze lol
I have adjusted to colder weather over the years because I haven't lived in FL since 2015.
You have mostly lived in warm places, depending on where you were in GA.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 02:27:26 )

@Totalanimefan: Haha, yeah. My mom would put the natural cat litter, used, on her plants that needed the acidity and it worked wonders. But yeah, I keep telling my husband no. X3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/11 02:29:13 )

@Hardcore Uvula: What you can do that? I've never heard of putting kitty litter on plants. (Not to say it's not true, just never heard of it). What kind of plants like that?
haha he wants a plant just so he can pee on it? lololol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.