Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Raw Emotions

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 22:23:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"No." Ash replied.

"I'm NOT okay." he said.

"THIS overinflated hoity-toity jackass..." he went on, jabbing a thumb at Lindsay. "...thinks it's all right to use big words and talk down to people." he continued.

"So I'm learning HIM some lessons." he added, cracking his knuckles.

Lindsay just sighed heavily.

"Violence solves nothing." he said. "One would think that a hunter of your standing would know that. Then again, sometimes I am unsure as to WHAT to expect from you." he added condescendingly.

"......" Ash was silent, and looked ready to just tear into his brother right there and then.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 22:25:44 )

"Ash, wait." She said simply as she stepped in between the brothers and looked to Lindsay, a pointed expression on her face.

". . . Lindsay, you ... seem different. What's going on?" She asked, concern in her voice, her features.

"You've... honestly, you've never spoken quite like this to your own brother." She continued. "Something is going on, but I don't know what. So... please. What's going on?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 22:43:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just rolled his eyes.

"There is nothing going on." he said.

"My career is built on listening to people's problems, and then proffering solutions to them." he told her. "So, it only makes sense to be more proactive about it. Help people identify their problems, and tell them how to solve them." he continued.

"You are telling people how to live their lives!" Ash exclaimed.

Lindsay shrugged in response.

"Word it however you want to. Your unwillingness to improve your life merely shows how stubborn and foolish you truly are." he told him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 22:48:36 )

Rocky was silent, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to make of this, of what she was witnessing here.

"I... what?" She asked.

"Lindsay, shut up." She then said, looking to Ash.

"Ash, you don't usually lose your temper with your brother, at least not like this. Is there more to it than is on the surface?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 22:55:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just snorted a little.

"Hmph." he muttered.

"More to it? How should I know?" he asked.

"That's the thing. You shouldn't." Lindsay replied. "After all your intelligence is-" he started to say further, before Ash interrupted.

"Shut. The. Hell. UP." he snapped.

"Why can't you be more willing to take direction, like Ashley?" Lindsay asked.

That seemed to be causing something to snap in Ash's mind, and dark mana started to pool around his feet. Mana that Rocky knew quite well.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 23:02:19 )

Rocky was silent as the exchange occurred. She couldn't quite wrap her head around this, what was going on. She'd never seen this happen before, and wasn't sure how to handle it. As she felt the mana starting to spread out, not quite taking the telltale form yet, she reacted quickly.

"Whoa! Ash! Calm the hell down!" She exclaimed.

"You... wouldn't be able to seal your brother anyway..." She added with a light sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 02:12:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash paused for a moment, before sighing heavily, the mana dissipating.

"...mm." he mumbled.

"Indeed." Lindsay said.

"The mere fact that you would resort to such drastic measures, especially ones that are so ineffectual, shows JUST how-" he continued, before a stream of jet-black fire was blasted right onto his face, where his eyes were.

This caused Lindsay to scream out in pain, covering his eyes with his hands, and staggering around.

"I can still do THAT, though." Ash said, confidence in his tone, but it was still heavily laced with anger.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 02:14:50 )

As Rocky was watching what was going on, they all could hear something that sounded like metal squeaking.

"The fuck is going on here, you two?" She asked, her voice betraying how she was losing her patience.

"Ashley, calm your temper. Lindsay, talk normally and not as if you're on a fucking high horse." She then snapped - lightly.

"And tell me what the fuck changed here. Why are you two at odds?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 02:46:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Both of the boys looked ready to just part there and then, before Ash suddenly spoke.

"I don't know." he said. "I just... I don't know." he repeated.

"Something... something is affecting us." Lindsay chimed in, as Rocky said some small flames burning in their eyes. "We don't know what. But... but it's... it's amplifying a core part of who we are." he managed to get out.

"We can't... control it." Ash added, before she saw the flames disappear.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 02:50:48 )

". . . that... is definitely good to know." Rocky said.

"I'm going to look into this then." She then said.

"Any idea as to the start?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 03:20:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Determining the origin of this phenomenon is borderline impossible." Lindsay responded.

"Improbable to say the least." he said further.

"I daresay that such an endeavour would be fruitless, and our time would be better spent-" he then continued, before Ash suddenly grabbed him by the collar, and... using his brute strength... launched him across the room, sending him crashing into a table.

"SHUT! UP!" he hollered.

"Casey started acting weird first." he told Rocky. "She'd been to see Rene at the hospital." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 03:21:10 )

"Casey and Rene. Gotcha." She said simply before sighing.

". . . don't kill him beyond regeneration, please." She added.

"What about the others here. Casey, AShley, your kids?" She asked, concern in her voice

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 03:42:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just growled.

"Everyone's either useless or self-destructing." he told her.

"Casey? She's in her studio and can't stop going on about how her life is shit and how she's depressed." he said. "Ashley? Tell her to do something? She'll do it. No arguments. No question. She'll do anything and everything she's told. Pisses me off." he went on.

"Samantha is exercising herself to death. She's eating her usual amounts, but she's tripled her exercising." he continued. "She's wasting herself away to nothing." he informed her further. "And Evan is goddamn useless. He lays around the house ALL. DAMN. DAY." he growled. "Sleeps more than that necromancer in France!" he exclaimed.

"And it doesn't matter where. Behind a couch, on a chair, on a table, in the tub, whatever. He sleeps. Just sleeps and lazes about." he muttered.

"...as for Kelly... she's locked herself in her room, and refuses to come out." he then told her, his tone still angry, but she could also hear the worry and sadness that lay underneath it.

"...says she's a freak, and shouldn't ever be seen..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 03:46:38 )

Rocky was silent for a moment before shaking her head. She went to step up to give Ash a hug, since he thought she could use it, but... when he shot her a warning look, saying that it wouldn't be the best idea, she just stepped back from him, her hands p to show that she didn't mean any harm.

"Look, try not to kill your brother permanently. If this something that can't be helped, then I get that there's not much that can be done... but... but I'm going to go see if Rene knows anything." She said.

"Call me if you need to talk, hey? You know I'm more than willing to help as much as I can."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 04:07:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just gritted his teeth, before his expression softened.

"Admittedly, I could use a hug." he told her. "...but I don't trust myself to not do something I'll regret." he admitted.

"I'm sorry." he apologised.

"But... but I know you're a call away." he finished.

"......" he was then silent, before they both heard Lindsay.

"Once again, you confirm my hypotheses that you put your animalistic urges and lesser instincts above rational thought, and end up wasting energy on fruitless and pointless exercises." he said, standing up.

"...you ABSOLUTE CONDESCENDING-!" Ash yelled, before launching himself at Lindsay, tackling him into further furniture.

"Try talking down to us with YOUR TONGUE BURNED OUT!" Rocky then heard him snarl loudly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 04:52:34 )

Rocky was silent for a moment before shaking her head with a sigh.

". . . right then." She muttered as she backed away from her nephews.

"Don't kill him permanently, Ash!" Was all she said before vanishing from where she stood, wanting to get away from there. She did not want to get caught in the middle, as she wouldn't revive like Ash would.

She appeared in the backyard of the next person she was wanting to speak with. She made her way to one of the windows and saw it was empty, before sighing and heading to the backdoor and knocking.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 05:25:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After she knocked on the door, there was silence for a moment... before she heard hurried footsteps, and they were coming RIGHT to the door. They sounded ready to charge right through the door, before she then heard a quick stop.

And again, silence for a moment.

"....yeeeees?" she then heard Rene's voice say from behind the door.

"Whooo iiiiiiis iiiiit?" he asked further, in a higher-pitched, slightly sing-song tone.

Something was definitely off with him. Normally he wasn't THIS happy, and given what she had just come from, him being happy at ALL was concerning. But there was something else to his tone as well.

There was a bit of... eagerness in his tone. Like he was really hoping for something. But what? What was he waiting for? What was he hoping for?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 05:27:26 )

Rocky paused a moment before sighing lightly.

"Hey Rene." She started. "It's Rocky." She wasn't sure what it was that was going to come, but she had a sneaking suspicion it wouldn't be good.

'I need to talk to you." She said after a couple of seconds.

"Got a few seconds?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 05:55:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, there was silence for a moment.

"R... Rocky?" she heard him asked hesitantly.

She then heard what sounded to be like several locks being undone... some of them sounded deadbolt, too. But before she could really question it, the door was flung open wildly... and a dangerously lustful Rene stood behind her.

"ROCKY!" he exclaimed, before pouncing forward, tackling her to the ground.

"You and your sweet body are here!" he said in an excited tone.

"I'm SO happy!" he told her, an almost crazed look in his eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/2 06:03:03 )

Rocky hit the ground, and hit it hard. It knocked the air out of her lungs, and it took her longer than she would have expected to gather her ability to breathe though.

"Rene!" She exclaimed before shoving him off of her before scrambling to her fet.

".... You're the embodiment of lust right now, aren't you?" She asked after a moment or two, seeming to realise what was going on, as she'd jsut been to her nephews.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.