Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Raw Emotions

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 04:53:21 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay immediately started to feel weak.

He was wobbly on his feet, and his consciousness was fading.

He then collapsed forward, unconscious and dying.

"An...na..." he managed to get out.

"Please... stop..." he sputtered.

And then he was silent and still.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 04:57:09 )

As Anna stepped up to him, he could see her eyes darkening, the rings becoming more vibrant. It was generally the best way to tell that she was past all reason.

As she grabbed his throat though, he felt a twitch. She didn't let go, seemed she couldn't.

"Lindsay... If... " She started, her voice strained. She was fighting something back, but there was no way for him to have any idea as to what it was.

"If you can vanish when you revive... do it... I ... I can't stop." She then said as she felt her grip starting to tighten around his throat.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 05:30:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay's eyes were bleary and clouded, but he nodded slowly.

"Y... yes..." he managed to say.

Then... he was dead.

Actually dead, his body turning to ashes.

Anna now had seconds to get away from him before he burst into flames.

To which he started to almost immediately. Small flames cropped up from the askes, before the fire grew and spread, growing hotter and more intense by the second.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 05:35:10 )

Anna didn't move, just laughed as she watched him starting to reform. She knew that if he rezzed there, she wouldn't stop what she was doing.

She knew that he'd be dying again.

And again.

And again.

Until he did finally get away from her.

The part of her that warned him, that wanted him to get away from her, was small and being drowned out by the insanity, the thirst for violence, that was overtaking her.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 05:55:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Outside, Ashley was getting ready to go for a fly, when she saw Lindsay teleport into the backyard.

Or... at least, it seemed he did.

What landed was a pile of ashes, that suddenly burst into flames, and revived as Lindsay.

"Curses!" he yelled when he did.

"What on earth is that brutish, pernicious, unbalanced, primal savage THINKING!?" he exclaimed.

"She's NOT thinking, is the problem!" he added with a growl.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 05:59:50 )

Ashley froze, confused as all hell before approaching.

"Uhhh... Lindsay?" She asked.

"What.. the hell are yoi going on about?" She asked, her voice curious, and a bit concerned.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 06:29:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just stood up, dusted himself off, and sighed.

"Anna." he replied.

"She's throwing away her career, her future, her family, everything." he said.

"Giving into her insanity, attacking me out of nowhere, it's disgusting, degrading, perplexing, and the entire situation reeks of aquatic life." he continued.

"...it's fishy." he clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 06:40:10 )

Ashley was silent for a moment before sighing.

"You know she gets like this from time to time." She commented after a moment or two.

"Call her tomorrow after she calms down."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 07:00:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just groaned in response.

"She won't calm down." he said.

"She CAN'T calm down." he went on.

"She told me so, herself." he said further, before pausing for a moment, a flare of fire sparkling in his eyes.

"...she's aware that she can't. Something's making her do this." he said, shaking his head slightly.

"Regardless, if she's going to succumb to her savage, primal, dysfunctional, chaotic ways, then she will suffer the dire consequences that come with it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 07:02:59 )

"You're... so supportive and willing to help her out. Just like a doctor should be." Ashley commented, sarcasm in her voice. She made her way over to him.

"Look, just talk to her... and tone down the arrogance too. DAmn." She added. "You're... obviously riled up, and I get that, but try and actually help her. Not like she can kill you and keep you dead."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 07:27:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just growled again.

"She can be so insufferable sometimes." he told her.

He then looked over towards her, and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"I would advise staying away from her for now." he said.

"It seems that she does not care who she attacks, or what the consequences are." he said further. "She is indiscriminately attacking people." he continued, before pausing.

"Well, her attitude seemed to portray that, anyway."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 07:29:39 )

Ashley didn't say anything, but seemed to recoil as he laid his hands on her shoulders. There was a shock there, and she just... she didn't much like it.

". . . that may be so, but someone needs to try and help." She then said as they felt Anna's mana vanish from the house.

".. .I'm gonna go talk to her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 07:47:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Lindsay was silent as Ashley said what she did, and reacted the way she did.

"Well, that is your choice." he said.

"At this point, I fear it to be a fools' errand." he commented.

"However, if you feel you can somehow bring her back from the brink, to one of at least semi-intelligence, then be my guest." he went on, shaking his head.

"Myself? I need to gather myself." he told her.

"Corrosive poison is not fun to deal with repeatedly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 07:53:51 )

Ashley just sighed before heading off, not entirely sure what it was that was going on.

---

She approached the house and knocked, bringing some tea as it was requested she did so once back from Europe. She didn't know waht it was that she was going to find in there, and that was quite apparent.

She knocked loudly, knowing someone was home as she could feel their mana.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 08:07:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds, she heard some arguing, some shouting, and she then heard a dull thud.

And then, after a few more seconds, the door opened, revealing Lindsay.

But there was one thing that was off.

He had a massive black eye, and the area around said eye was burned. From black flames, it seemed.

"Ah, Aunt Rocky." he greeted the woman.

"Enter at your own risk." he said, stepping out of the way.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 08:15:55 )

Rocky was silent as she saw her nephew, and the bruise he was sporting.

"I..." She started before pausing.

". . . what the fuck happened""= She asked bluntly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 08:27:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just sighed again.

"My brother decided, as usual, that the appropriate response to someone trying to educate him would be to inflict violence upon them." he said to her.

"I PUNCHED A JACKASS!" they then heard Ash shout from within the home.

"I swear, his incompetence and ignorance is indubitably insufferable." Lindsay bemoaned.

"This is what I get for trying to improve the lives of others with sensible solutions." he added with a small sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 10:49:06 )

Rocky was silent for a few seconds before shaking her head.

"You know Ash doesn't tend to lash out like that without just cause..." She said after a couple of seconds.

"... how were you talking to him? You also know, or at least you should by now, that talking down to him is one hell of a hot button to incite his anger."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 21:42:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I was speaking to him intelligently, but in such a way that he would be able to at least slightly comprehend what I was explaining to him." Lindsay replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"YOU WERE BEING A POMPOUS ASS!" Ash called back.

"...his anger and knee-jerk insults are quaint, and almost adorable." Lindsay then said to Rocky.

"Regardless, if you don't want to stay, I would perfectly understand that." he told her. "Ash is not in a good mood, and I fear he may lash out at anyone, much like Anna." he said further.

"Oh, SHOVE OFF!" Ash yelled, before he came into view.

"Hey Aunt Rocky." he greeted Rocky, though he still sounded angry as all get-out.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/1 22:03:59 )

Rocky was completely silent as she heard all she did. When Ash came and greeted her, she paused a moment.

". . . you don't usually lose your temper like this." She commented.

"You ok, Ash?" She asked after a moment, concern in her voice. All the while, she was wondering what the fuck it is that happened to make Lindsay so.... well, as Ash put it - pompous.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.