Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Raw Emotions

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 05:55:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden just sighed, and nodded.

"Yeah." he said.

He then helped her to her feet, and over towards the loveseat, where he laid her down on it.

"There." he muttered.

"There anything I can get for you or do for you?" he asked.

"...and I don't know what happened to her." he then said quietly.

"Didn't think she'd want to drag up the past again..." he added in an even quieter tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 05:58:23 )

"Thanks, Jaden." Cass said after a moment or two before sighing lightly.

"And... I dunno" She added, referring to his inquiry about if there was anything else.

"I mean... that would actually be doable." She added.

"What do you mean?" Jaden asked as he took a seat on one of the chairs that was near her.

"See if you can figure out what the hell is going on." was Cass' answer.

"Like... what caused her to end up ... like that." She then said.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 06:22:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I can try." was all Jaden responded with.

"That's all I can say. I will try." he told her.

"I guarantee nothing, though." he then said.

He was then silent, before absently staring off into space.

"...damn it all..." he said under his breath.

"I know I've made mistakes... why did she feel the need to remind me of them..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 06:24:03 )

Cass just sighed lightly.

"I ... have absolutely no idea." She told him honestly.

"I wish I did. I have never seen her pride get the better of her like that." She added after another second or two.

"It's... actually rather alarming, if I'm being honest." She paused a moment, sitting up.

"Jaden, are you all right?" She asked, her tone and expression serious, caring.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 06:45:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Jaden was silent for a moment.

"I don't know." he said.

"I've... always felt bad about how I've acted in the past." he went on.

"...to hear her bring it up just proves she's never forgiven me, I guess." he then added, looking away.

"I should go." he said.

"I need to search for info." he muttered, his voice shaky.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 06:47:09 )

"I... have no idea, Jaden." Cass admitted.

"I just... I don't know. That... honestly, that kind of didn't seem like your mother." She added before pausing.

"Wait, hold on. Back up. Your name is Éliás?" She asked after a moment.

". . . is that actually legal? I've always known you as Jaden."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 07:13:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...it's legal." he replied.

"My real name is Éliás." he confirmed.

"Nobody's called me that for a very long time ago. It's supposed to be part of the past I left behind." he told her further.

"...guess Mom decided to dredge that up, too." he sighed.

"Can't say as I blame her." he then mumbled.

"I really was a shit child."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 07:15:24 )

Cass just laughed slightly.

"Don't worry. I can completely relate to that. I was a little entitled shit too." She commented.

"I mean, come on. I'm a female and was born in an era where that... really put me in a not good light." She continued.

"Suffice to say, while our shittiness is different between the two of us, neither of us were ideal children. Plus I as good as killed my father."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 07:37:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." again, Jade was silent, before looking at her.

"As good as killed your father?" he asked.

"News to me." he said.

He then smiled weakly, though there was still sadness behind it.

"Anyway... that's a topic for later, I suppose." he went on.

"I should... get to work, try to find a reason for all this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 07:39:10 )

'I really do wish I could help you Jaden, but for the moment, I feel like I'm half dead." Cass said with a light laugh.

"I know I'll be fine in .. ehhh... an hour or two, but still." She paused a moment.

"I will check in with my contacts though. Who knows, maybe I WILLbe able to find something." She told him. "If I do, I'll pass the information on to you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 07:53:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Thank you." Jaden replied.

"I'll let you know if -I- find anything." he told her.

- - -

The man sighed as he approached the front door of the house. The one inside knew he was coming, and he'd called ahead to let her know that he was on his way, but he was still confused.

"...the hell is going on?" he muttered.

He then sighed, before knocking on the door.

"Hey, it's me!" he called in.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 09:27:56 )

Zeke was met with silence as he knocked and called in. The silence lasted for longer than he would ideally be looking for, before the door opened a crack. Once they saw who it was, the door was closed, he heard locks sliding to the open position, before it opened fully and she stepped back with it.

"Come on in." She said. He could hear... something... to her voice, even if he couldn't identify what that something was.

Once he was in, she shut the door.

"Sorry, I'm a bit on edge at the moment. Partly because the full moon is tonight, and partly because of the shit that is tearing through the city." She added. "Want some coffee, or something?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 21:38:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, sure." Zeke replied.

"Coffee'd be great." he told her.

He was then silent, before sighing and remembering the date.

"Ah, yes." he said. "Forgot the moon would be full tonight." he admitted.

"And yeah, I stopped by your former precinct earlier... admittedly, on auto-pilot... and saw what's going on there." he then told her. "It's s a damned nuthouse." he said further.

"No work is getting done, and people are at each other's throats. It's absolute insanity." he commented further.

"I'm amazed you're holding it together as well as you are."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/3 23:55:13 )

"Admittedly, the fact that the moon is tonight is the exact reason why I asked Sharp to send someone today." She told him honestly.

"And.... whatever is going on, seems to break with the moon - for me anyway." She added as they made their way to the kitchen.

"because this has been growing for a couple months now, and I seem to ... well, be me I suppose... whenever it's the full moon. Then it settles back in afterward."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:27:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....I see." Zeke muttered.

"Interesting. And puzzling." he went on.

"What is going on here, exactly?" he asked.

"And by that, I mean, what is going on, in terms of the symptoms?" he asked. "Admittedly, I'm a bit out of the loop, as I've been across the world with another case, but what seems to be wrong with people?" he clarified.

"While you have this moment of clarity, tell me all you know, please."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:32:40 )

Averie was silent for a moment, and he could see her temper spark very slightly before she managed to quell it. She wasn't one that was usually so easy to rile up, but at the same time... she was being forced to change that night, and it was likely taking all she had to not become the beast that he knew she liekly would be if she didn't have reason not to fo rthe moment.

"I... all right. I'll do that after you get your coffee and we're sitting down." she added before checking the machine for it.

"It's good to go, by the way. Mugs are in the cupboard right above. Sugar's on top of it and the milk and creamer are in the fridge. There are other things you can use to scattered about. If you want something specific, just ask and I'll point you to it if I have it." She paused a moment, took a breath to try and keep herself in check before sighing lightly.

"I'm going to go sit. Come out there once you got your cup and we'll talk."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:54:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....yeah, sure." Zeke replied.

With that, Averie went and sat, attempting to keep herself calm and under control. She was only sitting for about 35 seconds or so, before Zeke showed up and sat across from her.

"All right." he said.

"I'm ready." he told her.

"Tell me all you can."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 00:55:38 )

Averie nodded, took a breath before outlining everything that had been happening the past couple months, along with what she'd heard and gathered from people. She didn't have much, but it was at least a start, she found.

She had some papers with informaiton written down that she handed over as well, but Zeke was able to see that there would have been more... had she not been dealing with all this. Plenty of it had been destroyed it seemed.

". . . that's all I've been able to figure out so far. I feel like I've hit a wall."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:32:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............" Zeke was silent as it was all explained to him, and as he read what she'd given him, he couldn't help but feel like this was all sounding extremely familiar to him.

"...I..." he stammered.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"I can't help but feel like this is familiar to me." he told her. "Like... my brain is saying that I should know what all this is, but it's also not giving me ANY clues or hints." he explained.

"It's... frustrating." he muttered.

"Regardless, you have the full support of the Unit for this." he told her.

"It's clear that someone is responsible for this, and we WILL find out who."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:34:33 )

Averie nodded.

"Thanks." She said. "Sharp was saying something similar, but admittedly when I called... I wasn't in the clearest state, I suppose."

"Oh?" Zeke asked.

"Yeah. I ... whatever it is that is going on here is getting to me, too. I'm not sure what the hell happened, or how I got uhh... infected?" She wasn't sure abotu the term and it wasn't hard to hear.

"How long are you hanging out here?" She asked after a moment or two. "And by that I mean in the city."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.