Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fate and Destiny

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 05:58:09 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

About a second after she laid a hand on Levi's back, she felt a strange presence begin to engulf her fingers, which caused her demonic partner to forcibly pull her hand away.

"GET AWAY FROM THEM!" he screamed at her.

But before she could ask him about his usage of the word 'them', Levi turned and looked at her, both his eyes black as night, his irises a dark purple... much like his one eye had been when he went to see Angela.

However, that's when she also noticed that Levi had merely turned his head to look at her... at such a degree that it should have been impossible for a human to do. And his body then followed, almost in a weird disconnected way.

"Mglagln ahna hup ya!" he screamed at her, though it sounded like an ominous garbled mess.

"Epgoka! bug hai! mgep Y' ymg' ngahnah!" he yelled further, before he suddenly lurched forward towards her, tendrils of weird mana coming off his body.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 06:20:32 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Ally let out a small cry of surprise as he tackled her to the ground, that unknown mana coming off of him and starting to enshroud her as his hands pinned her shoulders.

"Levi!" She half screamed, shock and surprise in her voice and face before falling silent. Her face was expressionless for a few seconds before contorting into sheer terror.

A matter of five seconds after that fear was shown on her face, she vanished from where she was in a bit of a burst .... well, air. There was nothing there, no detectable mana, no nothing.

She was just gone, and the air felt different for a few seconds.

---

"Look, Hal, I know. I'm reaching the end of my rope with this too. I don't actually know if we CAN help him." Kiah said, exasperation and something akin to desperation in her voice.

"I have no idea what else we CAN do ...." She paused a moment before sighing.

"I can try calling the a medic that works with a friend of the family, but I'm not even sure she could help... even though she seems to be able to do damned near anyth---" She was cut off when there was a crash in the room just outside of his office. His receptionist had gone home for the night, and both Kiah and Hal were pulling all nighters, essentially, due to their concern regarding Levi.

"... the hell was that....?" She asked, looking toward the slightly ajar door. The shocking thing, possibly concerning thing, is the fact that they could both see what looked to be a hand just past, the arm leading into the darkness, the shadows, of the room.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 06:40:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....ha?" Levi asked, looking around.

"....." he was then silent, before collapsing to his knees, wriggling in agony, and trying desperately to try and hold back what had taken hold of him.

Meanwhile, Sharp was on his feet, and stepped in front of Kiah.

"Stay back." he said.

"We don't know what's going on, but we can't afford to lose even a second, in case someone needs us." he told her.

The two of them then stepped forward, with Kiah keeping a step or two back, as Sharp used his mana to swing open the door, ready to attack, if need be.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 06:47:20 )

When the door was opened, and the light from the room they were in poured out, they saw a very unmistakable hand, harm and face that was topped with a mix of violet and pink dreads.

She didn't look good, either. That hand didn't last for long before she rolled onto her side, curled up into a ball, and seemed to be quivering. There was something akin to terror in her movements.

"Ally!" Kiah exclaimed before pushing past Hal to the one that was down. When she reached her, Ally reacted in fear, recoiling from Kiah before seeing to realise waht it was that was going on.

"I....I can't.." She said quietly, shaking her head as Kiah checked her over. As she was doing so, she noticed some shadows, darkness on her skin. It was fading quickly though. Kiah was completely silent before getting to her feet, lifting Ally with her.

"Come on. You need to sit down and tell us what's going on." She said. A matter of minutes later, they were sitting in Hal's office.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 07:16:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal had given her a bottle of water, and sighed.

"Alyssa..." he said.

"What happened?" he asked. "You looked like a scared quivering mess when we saw you." he went on.

"And you appeared here so suddenly." he then said.

'...but on THAT, I have a theory...' he thought to himself.

"....was this Levi's doing?" he asked her, getting right to the point.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 07:18:18 )

Ally was silent for a moment, and as she went to take a drink of the water, her hands were still shaking - pretty violently at that.

"..... I... " She started after, shaking her head.

". . . . Time's up..." was all she said, not knowing how else to say what she wanted to for the moment. Kiah was silent before looking to Hal.

"I'm going to go check on him." She then said, and she knew Hal would be aware of how she was also going to go and make sure that he hadn't gotten out of the dorm yet. If he did, and as Ally said, time was up and they'd fully come through... well.... that would be problematic.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 07:32:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........Kiah." Hal said.

"I won't stop you." he told her.

"But be careful." he warned her. "We don't know what he can and/or will do." he continued.

"He attacked his best friend." he continued.

"...he's essentially a wild beast now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 07:46:56 )

Kiah nodded.

"You... just try and help Ally. I'm going to check on Levi." She said before heading to the door. She paused and sighed as she got there though.

'.... Being a Fyrane may be very useful here." She said quietly before leaving, knowing that at least one of the two in the room would know exactly waht she was getting at with that statement.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 08:06:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"................." Hal was silent, before sighing.

'....please don't let it come to that.' he thought, before looking at Ally.

"Alyssa." he addressed her.

"There's something I want to ask you." he said.

"How did you get HERE?" he asked.

"Because you just appeared here out of nowhere." he continued.

"What do you recall?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 08:08:04 )

"Hearing voices in my head." Ally answered after a moment as she pulled her knees up.

"I ... just..." She shook her head.

"I have no idea how I got here... I just know that Levi ... he lunged for me.. knocked me off the couch, had me pinned and the mana coming off him... it... I swear it burned..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 08:25:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal put his hand on her shoulder in a reassuring manner.

"It's all right, it's all right." he said.

"You're safe here." he assured her.

"But please... think for a moment. Try and remember." he went on.

"It's clear that mana was used to bring you to this spot." he told her.

"Did it feel any different from the mana that was engulfing Levi?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 08:32:36 )

Ally was silent before shaking her head.

"I just... I don't know." She said, sounding like she didn't have much patience for something like this for the moment.

"I don't even know what happened, entirely." She then said after a few seconds. She paused, a soft sob barely heard as she seemed to withdraw within herself a bit.

"I... I can't... I just... I can't lose him..." She said quietly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 21:34:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal, sensing that Ally was getting tired of that particular train of thought, decided to derail the conversation, and steer it to something more appropriate.

"...I can't promise you won't lose him." he admitted.

"I won't lie. At this point, it can go anywhere." he told her.

"However, we are going to throw everything we can at him to try and snap him back to who he used to be." he then assured her further.

"I promise." he said quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 22:28:38 )

Considering who it was that he'd met, the college kid that had been to hell and back, it seemed, and had a means of putting her foot down when need be... seeing her like this was rather jarring.

---

Kiah sighed as she stood outside the door to the dorm that Ally and Levi had been staying in. She knocked, knowing that it likely wouldn't do anything, but also wanting to try that first before just barging in.

She could feel the different mana, the overpowering mana, in there though. She was sure that even if she wasn't a Fyrane, even if she couldn't naturally feel and read mana signatures, that she'd feel it, it was just that strong and oppressive.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 23:10:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The door did not open.

But she DID receive an answer... though not the answer she might have wanted.

"Epgoka ya mguh'e!" she heard Levi shout.

"Mglagln bug!" she heard further.

"Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh-HELP!" she then suddenly heard him exclaim.

"Help me! Please!" he pleaded.

"I attacked Ally! Please stop me before n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh" he managed to get out, before he devolved back to what may as well have been gibberish.

And she could hear the pain and desperation in his tone.

He was still fighting. Losing, but fighting back with all he had. Or trying to, anyway.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 23:33:10 )

That was enough for her. She wasn't sure what it was that she should expect, but she hoped that she could at least help, a little. She used one of the limited use forming keys that Hal had given her (due to her position at the unit) and unlocked the door before opening it and stepping in. The sight that greeted her was not something that she wanted to see.

Levi, his form, was almost invisible due to all the mana that was covering him and seeming to be spreading from him as well.

". . ." She didn't say anything as she closed the door.

"All right." She said after a few seconds. "You know I'm not letting you out of here, right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 23:44:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi looked at her, and she could see the struggle in his eyes.

He was in there, but fading. Fast.

He then let out an otherworldly scream, as 3 of the tendrils on his body shot out towards her.

"Watch out!" he managed to yell.

"Dodge left!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 23:56:11 )

Kiah was quick to react. She dodged quickly, but not quick enough. One of them managed to clip her ankle, wrapping around and holding fast.

As they did so though, Kiah felt her mana reacting, along with everything else that she could feel from them. The 'knocking' on her mind, the voices she could start to hear in the background... she could completely understand why it was that Ally had shown up a right mess for the moment.

She was stronger though, and tha twasn't going to be enough to take her down.

As she tried to get to her feet, she realised that she had to do what she hadn't wanted to do.

She had to use the rune to hold that ...... thing. And she wondered if she could allow Levi to go free...

It was then that she felt her mana starting to react. Almost without her control or anything.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:00:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her mana continued to react, stronger and stronger, almost to the point where she felt it would take her over... until there was a sudden outpouring of it.

When THAT happened, the strongest rune she'd ever produced spread out over the floor. It was at a point where it would be considered frighteningly strong, even by her great aunt's standards.

It spread out and surrounded Levi, causing the mana to recede a little, and it forced Levi to his feet. As it happened, the mana seemed to form into a strange liquid-like 'skin', that covered half of Levi's body... but it was plain to see that serious things were happening inside him.

His eyes seemed to cycle randomly between his own, controlled, and empty, as though they were soulless... but it never stayed the same for long, and his shouts of pain told her that he was in sheer agony, even more than before. It seemed like his very soul was now getting pulled in 3 directions; controlled by THEM, regained by himself, or torn from him by the rune.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:13:59 )

Kiah was on the floor, barely able to breathe with the mana that was being used by her, without her control. She could feel the mana that was controlling the rune, could feel that she had no control over it, and could feel herself succumbing to the mana that was being used. As it spread, she could also feel the effect, the tendril, that had wrapped around her own ankle loosen and vanish, but... the effects were still there. It seemed that whatever had happened, had made it that she couldn't bite back the rune that was spreading, that she could feel pulsating beneath her as her own mana forced her to her own feet.

Shit... She thought as she watched Levi, the rune beneath them both growing in strength.

... I ... Ihope this helps to hold him in place, at least... she thought. If someone could hear her mental voice, they could hear that she was giving in to her own mana.

And that was a dangerous road to be going down.

But she thought that if it helped someone, she could be stopped later, she'd let it happen. As long as it helped for the moment, as long as this wasn't for naught.

Plus... she wasn't sure she could fight it off for the moment anyway.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.