Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fate and Destiny

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 02:11:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi nodded.

"I'm not insane." he said.

"That info ALONE has helped me more than you can imagine." he told her, leaning back where he was sitting.

"And seeing that there's so much more to this world than meets the eye is... surprisingly relaxing." he then admitted. "Once the initial shock wore off, it became fun discovering who else is here." he went on.

"But yeah, that fox-girl will probably find you soon, and want to be friends." he added with a small laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 02:38:35 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"Thanks for the heads up. And thankfully I'm not allergic to things with fur." Ally commented with a light laugh.

---

A few weeks later, Ally walked into the library at school before sighing. She had a free period due to the fact that her professor had to head home, sick, suddenly. So she figured she'd just hang out in the library til the next class she had.

As she steppe din, she saw Levi sitting in the far corner, so made her way over, something akin to puzzlement in her steps.

"Hey boy." She said as she stepped up to the table he was at.

"You ok?"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 03:17:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Levi was silent as the question was asked.

"....ah..." he stammered.

"Ah... I..." he stuttered further.

"They... couldn't find anything wrong." he said. "Everything should have been fine. Things should have been working for me." he went on.

"But the night voices are getting worse." he continued.

That was when she noticed that he was leaning forward on the table he was at, one elbow on said table, and his palm covering his left eye.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 03:18:56 )

Ally just sat down next to him.

"That's horrible." She said.

"But... something wrong with your eye?" She then asked after a moment, before deciding to jump to anything else.

"I mean... seriously. You're hiding your eye, you don't usually sit like that. You ok?"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 03:39:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi bit his lip when she asked about his eye.

".........." he was silent, before sighing.

"Promise you won't freak out?" he asked her.

"Have I ever with anything regarding you?" Ally asked in response.

"....that's fair enough." Levi admitted.

He then looked around, to see if anyone was there, or looking at them. When he saw nobody was, he removed his hand... and she saw his eye seemed to have weird black tendril-like mana growing through the white of it, creeping in from beneath his eye.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 03:42:09 )

Ally froze a moment before just getting to her feet and holding a hand out to Levi.

"Come on. Fuck class." She stated.

'This place is connected to the Unit, but most of the people here - both students and staff - are mortal and unaware of the other side of life."

"we're heading back to get more information. You need it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 03:54:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi was silent as Ally made her declaration.

"Ah, I..." he stammered, taking her hand.

"What about YOUR classes?" he asked as she got him to his feet.

"I mean, do you need to miss them as well?" he asked her further.

"Or... are you going to miss anything important?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 04:06:03 )

"Important or not, you're more important." Ally stated simply, slightly dodging the question.

"Let's go." She then said before heading off. They left the school and climbed onto her bike (as that was their transportation every day.)

After they got back and stepped in, The one that was manning the entrance questioned them on why they were back, but they hadn't needed much in terms of information or proof that they were allowed to be there. With their ID's they were allowed in and all was good.

"So, Kiah or Sharp?" She asked as they walked.

"Since both probably should know, but I'm not sure if this would be a 'medication' side effect, or if it should go to the head right away."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 04:32:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Kiah first." Levi replied.

"Let's not escalate it right to the top unless necessary." he said.

"Agent Sharp's probably a very busy man, and I'd feel bad if I interrupted him for something that ended up being nothing at all." he went on.

"Or a relatively minor thing, anyway." he added.

"So... yeah, Kiah first." he reiterated.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 04:36:21 )

"I was thinking the same thing." Ally said with a nod as they started to make their way down to the lab area, where they would find the woman in question.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't find her quick and easy like. She was off talking to someone else, specifically the head that they hadn't wanted to go to .

"Any of the recordings with Alyssa in them... they're weird." She said, finishing the spiel that she'd just relayed to him.

"I'm not sure what to make of it, not entirely, but... I do have my suspicions." She added as she held out a thumb drive.

"Take a look yourself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 05:01:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp accepted the thumb drive, and nodded.

"I shall." he replied.

"I DID sense something about her." he then said.

"Something... powerful." he muttered.

"But very well, I'll review this footage." he promised her, looking at the drive.

"......" he was then silent, and sighed, sitting down at his desk.

"Anything else?" he asked her, plugging the drive into his computer.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 05:21:32 )

"Nope." Kiah answered.

"I gotta go back to the lab, but... she's not normal." She added. "Let me know your thoughts, and I'll let you know mine. For now, I'll catch ya later." With that, she was off. She knew she had to do her own work, she just wanted to bring it up with him while she knew both had some free time.

She made her way down to the lab again, sighing lightly as she stepped in. She didn't know that there was anyone down there looking for her for the moment, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 05:32:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was ignorant to that fact for a very short while, as one of the lab assistants stopped when they saw her.

"Ah, Dr Remmington." they said.

"A couple of people were just here looking for you." he told her.

"....I cannot remember their names, though..." he then admitted, thinking about it. "The two students that recently arrived." he continued, snapping his fingers in an attempt to remember it.

"You know who I mean?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 05:35:32 )

Kiah paused.

"Eh?" She asked.

"Are they still here or did they head back to their dorm?" She asked.

"They decided to head back to the dorm. I told them that I would send you to them." They answered. Kiah nodded.

"All right. I know who they are, and where they are." She then said. "I'm going to head out to chat with me. Is there anything that I'm needed here, for?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 05:57:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The assistant shook his head.

"No." he replied.

"Not right now, anyway." he said.

"The experiment with the gorgon venom is nearing its conclusion, but that won't be finished for another hour." he then informed her, after thinking a moment.

"So... nothing immediate." he added with a small smile.

"Anyway, I must be off." he then finished, before heading off with the boxes he'd been carrying.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 06:02:54 )

Kiah nodded.

"All right." She said.

"Let anyone looking for me know that I'll be back soon." She added before he left. Once that was done, she headed off, knowing that she needed to connect with them. If they were looking for her, then it was likely something important.

She made her way to the dorm area, navigated to theirs, and knocked on the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 06:25:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds, the door was answered by Levi... but he was wearing a pair of very dark shades over his eyes.

And something felt... ominous... about him.

"Oh! Dr. Remmington!" he said when he saw her.

"Please! Come in!" he told her in an almost pleading tone, opening the door fully and stepping out of the way.

"Ally!" he then called into the dorm.

"She's here!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 06:33:24 )

Kiah stepped in after a few seconds.

"What's going on?" She asked as Ally came into the main room, where they were.

"Have a seat. Levi's... got something to explain." She said simply with a light sigh.

"want some tea or coffee or something?" She asked.

"If you have coffee, I would love a glass." Kiah answered. Ally just nodded before heading off to the kitchenette to get what she requested.

"Levi, let's sit and talk. Tell me what's going on, and why you seem to be rather concerned."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 06:54:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi just nodded, and they sat down in the den area.

"Well... two things." he said.

"Not... sure which one is more concerning, to be honest." he then admitted.

"The first one is that the night voices are more intrusive than ever before." he told her. "When I DO get to sleep, it's either dreamless or filled with nightmares." he sighed. "I mean, I'm getting enough sleep... barely... but I think that's going to stop being the case very soon." he went on.

"The other thing is... well..." he then mumbled, trailing off at the end, and then sighing once again, this time more deeply and louder than before.

"...this." he finished, taking off his shades and looking right at her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/2 07:16:56 )

Kiah was silent for a moment as she looked at his eye, the one that had the new acquisition.

"I..." She started as she sat back, Ally handing her a mug of coffee.

"I have no idea what to make of that, to be honest." She admitted. "And yes, I know that's not what you want to hear, but... it's the truth. I'm not a biologist, I'm a chemist. I've never seen something like that regarding anything chemically based. I'll have to research it."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.