Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fate and Destiny

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/23 00:18:00 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....shut up..." he said quietly, almost under his breath.

"....shut up, shut up..." he repeated, his voice a little louder now, but still barely audible.

"Please... just... stop talking! Shut up!" he then said further, this time definitely audible, but only to people that were close to him.

But nobody was. Nobody ever came close to him. And that was for various reasons. The young man looked to be about 18-19, but he also looked like he had worries far beyond his age. His hair was a dark brown, which allowed the few white hairs he had to shine through even better, and his clear blue eyes looked to be sunken and sullen, with disconcerting bags under them, like he hadn't slept properly in months and months.

He wore unassuming clothing, normal for anyone his age, though they were baggy and wrinkled, more so than would be expected. His black tee-shirt depicted a metal band from decades ago, and he wore jeans that were faded and tattered, but still holding themselves together. His sneakers were grey and white, and well-worn, showing he was probably due for new ones at some point. He also had a red and black backpack slung over one arm.

However, he was paying little attention to the people that were avoiding him, as he sat on the marble bench-like structure around the fountain behind him, leaning forward and grasping lightly at the side of his head with one of his hands, staring at the floor and muttering to himself again.

He had an important lecture that he couldn't afford to miss, why were the voices acting up NOW?

"...freak." a male said, as he and a female passed him.

"Mitch, quiet!" the female whispered harshly, nudging his side.

"Well, he IS." the male replied. "Gina, you're too nice. He's weird and you're as scared as anyone else he'll turn violent." he told her.

"......" she was silent as she heard that, and just bit her lip.

"It's still not nice to say things like that..." she said quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 02:30:15 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"You know she's right." a new voice said as she approached. She looked to be in her twenties, and almost if she was a well dressed student there.

"And ... why are you scared anyway" She then asked, her voice honestly curious.

"Sorry, not a student here. So... I don't know this stuff."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 03:00:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The two students jumped a bit when the young woman addressed them and said what she did.

"Woah!" the male exclaimed.

"And we're not scared." he said.

"We're just keeping arms-length from the weirdo crazy that talks to himself." he told her.

"Shhh!" the female shushed him.

"He's... a bit of an outcast. He doesn't socialize, and DOES mutter to himself." she told the woman, referring to the one they'd been talking about.

"I've heard he got medication, but doesn't take it, either." she then sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 20:52:34 )

"You're not scared?" She asked.

"Huh. I could have sworn you said 'as scared as the rest of us.' Thus implying that you are." She just shrugged before looking over to the one that they were currently speaking about.

'So people stay away from him due to how they can't understand him and his situation. Ok. Sounds about average." She shrugged lightly before glancing back at the pair she was speaking with.

"Anyway, I'm going to not be as most people are. I'm going to actually go talk to him." She said before waving and making her way over to the other one. She sat down next to him, silent for a few seconds, before pulling out a mint container. She held it in front of him, and when he didn't respond, she shook it lightly.

"Mint?" She asked with a soft smile to her voice.

"It'll help."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 21:34:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male froze when she woman caught him in his bluff. Yes, he was scared, and his bravado had been torn easily, like the paper it was.

He then sighed, as the two of them continued on their way.

Meanwhile, when mints were shaken, the young make seemed to jolt to attention, back to reality.

"Ah!" he exclaimed, looking around.

"Huh?" he muttered, seeing the woman there.

"Mint?" he asked further.

"........ok, yeah, sure." he said, sighing. "I forgot to brush my teeth this morning, anyway." he lamented, shaking his head a little.

"What kind are they?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 21:37:34 )

"Really? I hadn't even noticed." She commented with a light laugh.

"And they're mints that I particularly enjoy. Spearmint... I think." She added.

"I'm not entirely sure, I made them awhile ago." She added.

"Anyway! I have a suspicion, and they'll help. a LOT if I'm right." She added, being cryptic, of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 22:14:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was quiet for a moment, processing what she'd said.

"Made?" he asked.

"I see." he said, accepting one of them.

He then put it in his mouth, allowing it to dissolve slightly, and winced.

"Oh wow. Strong." he commented, before crunching down on it and mixing it in his mouth, swallowing it and sighing quietly.

"........." he was then silent for a moment, his eyes widening slightly.

"....what...?" he asked quietly.

"What... is this feeling...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 00:11:22 )

"Relief, if I were to guess." She commented in response.

"My name is Kiah Remmington." She then said, figuring an introduction would be a good idea.

"What can I call you?" She asked after a few seconds. After he'd introduced himself, she just smiled.

"Well, Levi, you can keep those. Just don't share 'em, hey?" Kiah continued.

"They are actually mana blockers, and we can definitely have a better conversation about them and what they do, and why I have them in the first place, etc, after we aren't in public."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 00:43:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....mana....?" Levi asked, before what she said sank in.

"Oh. Yeah." he then said.

"Yeah. Right." he said further, making sure to keep quiet.

"Thank you..." he told her quietly. "These are miracle mints." he continued.

"I can't hear the voices right now." he smiled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 01:54:44 )

Kiah just laughed lightly.

"I'm really not surprised." She commented.

"I'm going to take a shot in the dark.... But you've been on far more variations of medication and none do a damned thing, right?" She was making sure to keep her voice low, if only just to make sure no on else heard her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 02:16:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi was silent for a moment, and nodded.

"...yeah." he said.

"None of them work. None of them ever did." he told her.

"But they always think I'm not taking them, or faking it." he lamented.

"....it's frustrating and disheartening." he admitted, sounding despondent.

"It's gotten so nobody will listen to me, anymore."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 02:22:11 )

Kiah nodded, not entirely surprised as to what it was that he was saying.

"Come with me to San Diego." She stated with a light smile.

"Seriously. Your record won't follow, you can start fresh, and properly taken care of. I can keep you in constant supply of those mints, and give you the information about why those work so well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 02:56:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......San Diego?" Levi asked.

"I..." he stammered. "Well... I mean, I... I suppose a change of scenery would be nice..." he admitted.

"....." he was then silent, before seeming to realize something.

"Wait." he said.

"Wait, wait, wait." he repeated.

"Kiah Remmington?" he asked.

"As in, DOCTOR Kiah Remmington? The one slated to give a lecture here?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 04:06:37 )

Kiah just laughed.

"The one and the same." She commented.

"But jumping back a bit. I'm catching a flight back to San Diego in a couple days - Friday, actually - if you want to come with me. I can arrange for you to have a flight back here if you really want to return... to where they judge the hell out of you. I'd have to talk with my boss, essentially, but we could put you up for awhile and help you with your education - transferring credits and whatnot if you opt to move before the year is done." She paused a moment before laying a hand on his in a kind, sinceere manner.

"I can help you more than just those mints can. Levi, you aren't crazy."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 04:23:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Levi was silent for a moment, before smiling softly.

"I've wanted to hear that for so long from someone else." he said.

"My roomie's told me that as well, but... it's nice to hear it from another person." he told her.

"I'll have to let my roomie know about this, though." he then said further.

"Is... there any way to get ahold of you while you're here?" he asked her. "Or... well, I mean, you can come with me back to my place to talk with her as well." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 04:25:18 )

Kiah just snapped her fingers.

"Ah! Right. Contact information would be lovely, no?" She asked with a light laugh before digging a card out of her wallet - which was stuck in her bra - and writing something on the back of it from a pen that Levi hadn't noticed where it had come from.

Once that was done, she handed it to him.

"Work contact on the front, personal contact on the back. It's a cell, so feel free to text."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 04:48:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi blushed for a moment, temporarily distracted by the fact that the wallet and card had been produced from her bra. He then shook his head a bit, and accepted the card.

"Ah, thank you." he said.

"Thank you so much." he repeated.

"This means... more to me than you can imagine." he went on, seemingly near tears.

"Ah, anyway." he then said, snapping himself back to reality.

"I'll contact you later this evening." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 05:01:15 )

Kiah just laughed lightly.

"You do so. And keep the mints." She told him.

"I've actually got more back in the hotel room that I'm staying in for the moment." She paused a moment before getting to her feet.

"Anyhow, I do actually have to get going. Got a presentation in twenty minutes, and I haven't prepped. Oops." She admitted.

"Feel free to give me a call or text later." She added. "Oh, and don't take more than three of those mints a day. Miiight screw with you if you do, since they aren't made FOR you. If that makes sense?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 05:17:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi nodded in response.

"Ah, yeah, sure." he said as she left, waving to him. It was all he could do to manage to wave back.

"..........huh." he mumbled.

"This... this day just got very interesting." he muttered to himself.

He then spent the rest of the day in a bit of a distracted daze, eventually making his way back to the townhouse that he shared with someone else.

He sighed as he reached the door, unlocked it, and stepped inside.

"Yo!" he called out when he closed the door behind him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 05:27:10 )

When he returned home, he saw the bike that his rommate had out front, so he knew she was home. As he stepped in and called out, he heard something from the front room. When he approached, he saw her currently mid workout with the stereo they had in there playing something or other.

"Yo" He said, a bit louder so as to make it that she heard him. When she heard him,s he paused.

"Oh! Damn, is it really taht late already?" She asked. "I thought it was like... one." She admitted with a laugh as she paused the music. She had taken the day off from school due to having been dealing with a rather nasty few nights of no sleep because of her nightmares. She seemed to have recharged pretty well by this point though, thankfully.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.