Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fate and Destiny

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 07:48:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Sharp was silent, his eyes filled with terror, before he shook his head vigorously.

"That was... well... hellish." he told her.

"But at least I'm still here." he said.

"What happened?" he then asked, looking around.

"I know you said the rune's gone, but did something happen to cause it to disappear? Or did it just vanish?" he asked further.

"SO much could have happened to make it dissipate..." he then said quietly.

"And how's Alyssa?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 07:53:52 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Roxie just laughed for a moment before sighing lightly. There was something to that laugh though.

"It got stupid strong for a few seconds before.. just... vanishing. " She told him honestly.

"I have no idea what happened, or why, or anything." She then said. "All I know is that it vanished about a minute ago. I wanted to give some time to make sure before pulling you back. Sorry." After she said what she did, Roxie looked toward Alyssa, who was still on the loveseat as she was when Hal left.

"She... seems all right?" Roxie answered.

"I'm not sure. I'm not a medic." She paused a moment before sighing, again.

"I think she'll be all right, but it'd be a good idea to have her stay under Angela's - or whomeer is there at the moemnt - care for a day or two, to make sure that there aren't any issue.s"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 08:07:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I see. That's a relief." Sharp replied.

"And yes... that might be a good idea." he then said, in reference to Alyssa being placed in the medical wing.

But before they could say anything, there was a knock on the door, and it opened.

"Hey-o." Ash said, poking his head in.

"A.J?" Sharp asked upon seeing him.

"That's me." Ash replied.

"I'm here to answer the inevitable litany of questions you or anyone else here may have." he commented, referring mostly to Roxie.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 08:15:19 )

Roxie was silent for a moment before shrugging.

"I just have one." She then said simply.

"And that is?" Ash asked.

"Even your mothers rune wasn't that strong. What the hell happened to cause that strength in a rune?"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 08:26:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Ash was silent, before sighing.

"Right." he said.

"Well... Kiah's rune was as strong as it was, because it was bolstered immensely by the brief injection of mana she got from 'them'." he explained.

"And the rune -I- used to overpower it was as strong as it was because... well... I've had practice with my mana. And for other reasons that I can't say." he then muttered.

"Your own?" Sharp asked.

"Yeah, the quickest way to shut down a Fyrane rune is to overpower it with a stronger one. So I did. And then immediately dismissed it." Ash explained in response.

"I... I see." Sharp replied, sighing heavily. "And things have all worked out?" he asked.

"Kiah seems to be fine, and the kid she was with seems to be all right as well." Ash said. "They're just both VERY exhausted, and they're on their way to medical wing you guys have." he then explained.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 13:07:46 )

"Well, that's the best scenario." Roxie commented.

"At least there's that." She then said before looking to Hal.

"Who will take Ally there? you or me?" She then asked, her voice curious.

"Because she should be there too, to make sure she's ok after earlier."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 21:25:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed.

"Truth be told, I would... but after what just happened to me, I need to take a moment to recuperate and get my mind back where it should be." he admitted.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Ash apologized.

"Nothing to do with you." Hal responded.

"...uhhh... right then." Ash muttered.

"Well, I'm going to go see Kiah one more time before I scram." Ash then said.

"I'm not entirely sure I remember where the medical wing here is, mind if I come with?" he then asked Roxie.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 22:13:33 )

Roxie nodded.

"Yeah, of course." She answered before pausing, looking to Hal.

"If the realm won't leave you, let Az or I know. We can help with that." She told him.

"For now, I need to get this girl down to Angela's domain." She finished with as she lifted Ally in her arms, proving that she was definitely stronger than she looked to be.

"Let's go, AJ." she then said ebfore heading toward the door and waiting to give him a chance to say or do anything he needed to first.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 22:33:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash looked at Hal, and gave an informal half-salute.

"Later, Chief." he said.

"I'll be sure to thank Dani for sending you." Hal replied.

"Ah... other boss." Ash responded.

"....indeed. Well, that makes sense." Hal then said.

"Anyway, get moving." he told him.

Ash nodded, and he and Roxie left the room, shutting the door behind them.

"....don't ask." Ash muttered to the succubus.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 22:59:02 )

'Don't worry. I'm a demon, I can feel the ... holy aspect of why you're here." Roxie stated as they started walking.

"I won't ask, not my business." She then said.

---

Angela was sitting at the desk in her bedroom, staring at the book atop it, the pen she had in her hands. She looked a complete mess, though. Her hair was masively disheveled, she looked like she hadn't been sleeping - at a-- for possibly weeks by this point, her skin was pale and she just kinda looked like death on toast if one were to be honest.

"I can't... she can't stay there." She said, her voice quiet, dark.

"She has to be gone. Fyrane's.... they're danger. They're risks. They're liabilities." Her voice was quiet as she spoke, before starting to write.

As she wrong, the pen seemed to glow, the mana within reacting to the writing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 23:30:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Meanwhile, Ash just sighed in relief when Roxie said she wouldn't ask.

"Heh, holy." he then said.

"Yeah, I guess that IS accurate." he muttered.

"Kinda funny, given my lineage." he chuckled.

"Regardless, everything SEEMS to be back to normal here." he then commented. "Or whatever passes for that here." he laughed further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 23:35:39 )

"Can't be too soon... gotta take time, let it be a thing that's quick. That kills her. That takes the Fyrane bitch out of the picture." Angela said as she continued to write, the glow from the pen seeming to grow stronger the more she wrote.

---

Kiah was sitting by Levi's bed, watching him slightly. Mostly because she wasn't sure if anyone else was there yet (and as far as she could tell, no one was there aside from them) and she didn't want to leave him alone. She'd stay overnight if she needed to, just to make sure he was all right.

When she heard Ash and Roxie arrive, she looked over, puzzled.

"Oh, hey you two." she said with a light sigh, guilt in her voice, still.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 00:10:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed as he heard the guilt in Kiah's voice.

"Still feelin' it, eh?" he asked.

"I told you it's not your fault." he told her.

"Anyway, move for a second." he then said, stepping up to Levi and placing a hand on the boy's head.

"....hmmm." he mumbled.

"I'm scanning for abnormalities." he told Roxie and Kiah. "Just making 100% sure that their influence is gone."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 00:21:28 )

"... no, you think?" Kiah asked as Roxie laid Ally on the bed next to Levi. She did move out of the way for her cousin to check Levi over.

"Is she ok?" She asked Roxie after a few seconds.

"Yeah, I think so." was the answer the succubus gave.

"She should proabbly stay here to make sure that she is though." She added.

"Understandable." Kiah then said.

"Better safe than sorry." She added before pausing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 00:40:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mmhm." Ash muttered.

"....something up, Kiah?" he then asked.

"I mean, aside from what happened." he clarified.

"There anything else on your mind? Or you feeling off?" he asked further.

"I'll do what I can to try and help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 00:47:25 )

Kiah was silent for a momen tbefore sighing.

"I..." She started.

"I dunno." she admitted.

"Might just be... well, adrenaline fading from everything tonight." She then said as she made her way to anotehr chair and sat down in it. She landed a bit more harshly than she normally would, even if drained.

"I wonder who was supposed to be working tonight..." Roxie then commented. "These two need to be checked over, and Kiah, you're starting to look a bit rough around the edges as well."

"I'm a Fyrane and a Remmington, I should be fine." Kiah answered. "Just... might need to take tomorrow off and be dead all day, kinda thing." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 01:12:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash looked around, and raised an eyebrow.

"...I saw a few orderlies and nurses... but it didn't seem like there was anyone here that was supposed to be in charge." he commented.

He then took his hand away, and sighed.

"Well, seems the kid is clear." he commented.

"He should make a full recovery, mana-wise and physically, that is." he added, before he paused as well, and looked at himself.

".....hm." he mumbled, scratching at his chin slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 03:19:04 )

"I'm going to stay here and watch over these two." Kiah stated.

"Someone needs to, and I'm probably the closest to a medic than any of us." She then said with a sigh.

"Shouldn't Angela be here?" Roxie then asked after a moment.

"Yeah. She hasn't shown for the past few days, even." Kiah then answered with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 03:38:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash raised an eyebrow, before shrugging.

"Well, that's something you guys need to deal with." he said.

"It's out of MY jurisdiction." he chuckled.

"Anyway, Kiah, if you wanna talk or anything, lemme know." he then told his cousin.

"Don't keep beating yourself up, hey?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 03:53:23 )

"I'll probably call you for drinks after these two are good, or Angela shows up." Kiah said.

"For now, you probably have shit to do." She added.

The next morning, Ally was the first to wakebetween her and Levi. When she woke and looked around, she saw Kiah in one of the nearby chairs, seemingly dead to the world - and it wasn't hard to tell she needed the sleep. Levi wasn't awake yet either, but at least he all right.

As she got to her feet, she noticed something was wrong.

The floor felt hot, and kind of sticky.

"The hell...?" She asked as she looked down to see what was going on, to see a film over the floor. She had no idea the cause though. She had no idea what it was that she was stepping in, either. As she sat on the bed again, she took off the sock that was covering her foot just to wince in pain as she felt the burns on her feet.

"... The fuck?" She asked, not knowing what it was that she was going to do here. It seemed that no one was there at the moment.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.