Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fate and Destiny

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:48:18 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

At that point, something else slipped inside her, and the rune spread out. Further, and further... until the entire building (and all those within) were now under the effect of the rune.

Everyone inside suddenly felt themselves freeze, and felt like their very souls were starting to be torn from their bodies... except for those that essentially were nothing BUT a soul/spirit. THEY felt like their very existence was now threatened, and that they would fade from existence at the drop of the hat. This included Hal, Rylie, and Sierra.

Only a very select few were immune to the effects of the rune... the demons in the building.

"The HELL is going on!?" Azazel exclaimed, seeing all those around him freeze... Aedan included.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:52:50 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Aedan and Azazel had been having a (super) late dinner with Roxie, as they had all just returned from a mission that they'd been sent on, when the freeze happened. Roxie just looked around the mostly empty cafeteria and could see that almost anything and everything living was frozen in place.

"I..." She started as she got to her feet, one of the few that could.

"I have .... absolutely no idea." She admitted. As she took a step though, and the floor lit up slightly, she froze.

".... oh no..." she said quietly, staring at what she saw, the now faded markings on the floor.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:59:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel was silent for a moment, before looking at the floor.

"Ohhhhhhhhh damn it." he said.

"Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!" he cursed.

"....." he was then silent, his eyes widening.

"Aedan!" he exclaimed, looking at the woman in question.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:01:18 )

Aedan seemed to almost be glitching... out of existence, it looked like. She was twitching slightly, much like how a digital image would glitch.

The rune couldn't hold her entirely, it seemed. Now, whether that was good or bad, was something that was completely unknown.

"I think she'll be all right." Roxie stated.

"I'm going to go check on Sharp though." She added before pausing.

". . . . there's only one Fyrane here..." She said quietly, knowing that Azazel would hear her. Before he could say anything though, she was off, heading toward the head office to check on the man that ran the place.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:18:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......shit." Azazel muttered.

"Damn it, where is she!?" he then exclaimed.

"...the lab!" he said further, before starting to run towards the lab, but stopping and looking at Aedan.

"........ngh..." he grunted, not wanting to leave her alone.

Meanwhile, in Hal's office, the man himself looked to be flustered.

"....oh no..." he whispered, looking at his now-translucent body.

"No, no, not THIS..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:22:54 )

Ally had been asleep by the time that the rune spread, she had literally cried herself to sleep. Her concern for Levi was almost astounding, considering how she's shown up a bit of a mess herself.

As Hal was there, looking through his hands, he barely heard the knock on the door before it opened.

"Oh shit." was all roxie said before stepping up to the djinn.

"If I sent you to hell for a few, til the rune is gone... Would that help at all?" She asked, concern in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:42:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Sharp was silent for a moment, before looking at Roxie.

"I..." he stammered.

"I think so." he said, his form fading a little more.

"I'll be out of the realm of the rune." he told her.

"So I should be-" he started to say further, before he suddenly went quiet, and his eyes went dull.

He was fading, and fading FAST.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:49:05 )

Roxie didn't take any time. As soon as his words were cut short she was creating a portal behind him. It formed within a couple of seconds, and once it did, she used all the demonic mana she had and shoved him through the portal to the hell she was created in. She knew it wouldn't be pleasant for him in there, and she knew that he'd likely hate it... But it'd hopefully be better than there.

Hopefully.

Once that was done she noticed Ally's prone form on the loveseat he had in the room. After checking her over, she realised that assuming the rune was stopped soon, she'd be fine.

The issue..... Was the rune, and the Fyrane that had created it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 05:03:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The rune was affecting almost everyone in the building, but the effects were the greatest at ground zero.

Levi and Kiah were there, and both were NOT in good condition.

Within Levi's body, there was a power struggle. And it was evident in his eyes. The situation had not improved at all, and it seemed like his soul would just be ripped from his body.

Kiah, on the other hand, could sense all those in the building. Their souls.

And she could almost feel them all being torn away from their bodies... attracted to HER, now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 05:14:49 )

Kiah was standing on her own, with what looked to be an echo of the rune crawling across her skin. There was mana coming off of her in waves it seemed, and more than a little of it was oppressive to a degree she'd never experienced before.

As she stepped up to Levi, he could tell this wasn't entirely Kiah. It couldn't be.... Could it?

She laid a hand against his cheek for a second before pulling it back and slapping him. She hoped to slap one or the other out of him, knowing that if either were removed it would at least help with the situation. At the same time, it was taking literally all she had in order to rein the rune back enough that the souls were not entirely ripped from the bodies.

Not yet, anyway.

She knew it was coming. One more hit from this tendrils and the loose grasp, control, of her mana that she had would be gone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 05:40:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

It seemed as though 'they' were aware of this fact, and had gathered enough of a presence to manipulate one of the tendrils coming off of Levi's body.

Kiah's slapping seemed to have shifted things their way for that brief moment, and she saw the tendril come rushing towards her at a speed she couldn't dodge.

However, mere microseconds before it connected, a hand cloaked in familiar black flames grabbed the tendril, holding it back from touching Kiah.

"Nope." Ash said, suddenly standing there, covered in impressively strong mana.

He then stomped on the ground, and Kiah felt herself gain a LITTLE more control over the rune.

"Kiah, I can only hold them back for a precious few seconds." her cousin told her. "I can see what you have planned, so do it, and do it NOW."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 05:50:25 )

Kiah was silent, completely and utterly silent. She was on the edge of being too far gone, but the edge was a little wider now thanks to Ash's arrival. It was all she could do to nod, and focus on the task at hand.

She laid both hands on his face, one on either side. The mana was extreme from her, but at least there was some control now, thanks to Ash.

She closed her eyes, and the mana seemed to grow, but isolate to that location as well.

Mere moments later, Levi felt his soul torn from his body, and held to the side.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 05:58:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah!?" Levi's soul exclaimed.

"Ah! What!? Who!? How!?" he exclaimed further, before Ash spoke up.

"Now OUT!" he yelled, grabbing Levi's body's face.

"I will hold you in this vessel until you lose this piece of you forever, unless you remove yourselves from it. NOW!" he told 'them' further.

"And you can sense I have the strength and power to do so, too." he added confidently.

Just as Levi's body started to go ghastly pale, and just as Levi's soul started to fade slowly, the darkness that was emanating from the body seemed to suck itself back into the vessel.

Ash paused for a moment, before looking at Kiah.

"They're gone!" he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 06:07:36 )

Kiah nodded, silently before concentrating. They were gone, Levi's body was his own again. That was enough for her. With some concentration, she managed to have the soul tethered, connected, to the body again.

She had no idea about possible side effects to him, though, if he'd be all right.... But she could hope.

Right?

Even with them gone though, she was still barely able to contain the mana. The rune had grown too strong, too large, for her to be able to control.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 06:29:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as Levi's soul was tethered to his body again, his eyes closed, and he looked ready to collapse.

However, the rune was still threatening to rip everyone's souls out from their bodies, and outright kill the ones that were nothing BUT spirits/souls.

Ash just sighed, and a large pulse of his own mana came out, creating a rune that was more powerful than Kiah's, thereby overriding it. However, THIS rune was only active for a fraction of a second, before it dissipated, leaving no runes at all.

"Oy." he said, scratching the back of his head, as Levi lightly collapsed to his knees, then to the floor.

"THAT was close." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 06:38:51 )

Kiah stayed on her feet, but it wasn't hard to tell that she needed to just chill for a bit. She was dead tired, and drained all to hell, but she knew that she couldn't do anything of the sort for the moment.

"Thank you Ash." She said after a few seconds.

"Just... thank you." She added before looking to Levi and crouching down. She didn't say anything before lifting Levi in her arms.

"I'm heading down tot he Med Wing. What are you going to do now?" She asked her cousin

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 06:58:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I need to report to your boss." Ash told her.

"Let him know what I saw, what I did, what happened." he went on.

"Because that was some serious shit you pulled, Kiah." he continued. "Seriously, that was a rune that MOM would have been scared of." he informed her further.

"I'm willing to bet everyone in this building is gonna need to chill for a few hours." he then said.

"...still... this was preferable." he mumbled.

"Things could have been a LOT worse, had 'they' gotten more control." he assured Kiah.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 07:05:45 )

". . . I had no control over it, Ash." Kiah said quietly.

"None at all. It was taking every fibre of my being to not lose myself." She then said.

"I ... Ash... if you hadn't shown, and even after you did, I just... I couldn't. I was falling." He could hear the pain from that, the fear of having something like that happen to her. It was one of her biggest fears, and that wasn't unknown, but it wasn't something she brought up often. For all she knew, Ash didn't know that, but she didn't care at the moment.

"Anyway... I.. I gotta get Levi to the Med Wing." She then said suddenly.

"So... so I'll see you later." With that, she made her way to the door, intending to leave.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 07:19:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as she reached the door, she felt Ash's hand on her shoulder.

"Hey." he said.

"Don't regret this too much." he told her.

"You did what you felt was needed, and in the long run, you saved this building." he went on.

"You just needed a little help, is all." he continued.

"Kiah, I'm serious. You did everyone here a large favour. You saved lives."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 07:32:16 )

Kiah didn't say anything for a moment.

"I... "She started before just sighed.

"Thank you." She said before leaving the room, leaving him to head off to talk to who he needed to, while she made her way to the med wing and laid Levi down on one of the empty beds.

--

Roxie sighed as she felt the rune vanish.

"Oh... good." She said quietly before checking Ally again, making sure she was all right. After that was done, she caused a portal to form in the wall near her, before reaching through to grab Hal. After she'd felt him, she pulled him through and into his office again.

"Rune's gone." She stated simply as she closed the portal.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.