Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts How do you want to do this? [Critical Role and DnD hangout.]

Voltie — cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 16:31:57 )
@Saeyra: Thanks much I'll check them out! <3 I'm a little excited and nervous to be there! Aha.

~ meow

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 17:46:00 )

Hey, I'm a CR newbie! I'm still in the middle of episode one (my net is wonky so trying to watch Youtube while multitasking is easier said than done... ;A;) but I really like it!

I also play tabletop games. I don't have much actual experience with D&D though. I own the books for 3rd, 4th, and 5th, but Pathfinder is the game I play most.

RP Search status... Open!

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 19:56:29 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@button:
You could also try searching on the Looking For Group subreddit.
My advice is to be persistent with trying to find a group.
It's possible, but people can be flakey and groups can fall apart before they even get started.
But if you keep trying you could eventually find some people that aren't idiots, that you can get along with.

But also, you don't have to play in a group.
Does your BF have any experience, or any interest in DMing a game?
It could be a fun thing you could do as a couple if he DMs and you play a single player game.

Edit: And for what it's worth, I do have a couple threads for a forum based DnD game.
They're not anywhere near starting, but if you're interested in playing by forum post, and don't mind waiting for another player or two, then you're welcome to come check it out.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌

Voltie — cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 20:10:31 )
@Rallaa: Yeah, I'll try that too. I'm just lurking around right now in the ones that were mentioned earlier.

The BF is new to the game too, this is his first campaign, so I don't think he would wanna DM for me. I don't know enough to be able to DM, but maybe I can research so we could just play together. It's a fun little idea, thanks! :O

~ meow

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 20:38:11 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@button: Have you dabbled with creating a character yet?

Voltie — cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 21:59:46 )
@Rallaa: Oh I didn't see your edited post!
I'd be interested yeah, if you don't mind helping me out here and there. I tend to try to look up everything I need and question when I don't understand things. ^^;

I dabbled in making a character yeah, I didn't finish doing it though, the person was supposed to help me out with it but never did. I got around to my skills and abilities and stuffs like that though. I didn't allocate any points or what not.

~ meow

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 22:07:39 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@button: Forum DnD Thread link.

I can certainly help you with any questions or advice.
Gladly, actually.
Either by private message, or even over voice on discord, if you like.

What kind of character have you dabbled with making?
And what are you most interested in about DnD?

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 23:56:21 )

@Rallaa: I am so glad to see you finally made your DnD thread!!

@Chrysothemis: WELCOME TO THE CRITTERS CLUB!! most 5e materials are online so you don't really need to buy the book except for your collection I suppose.

@button: Yeah I agree with Rallaa, you are gonna run into bad groups but don't give up Its worth it when you find a good team.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:05:05 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Saeyra: The DnD thread had been made for a couples months now.
I just couldn't really do anything with it without interest from players.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:08:25 )

@Rallaa: well it seems we have alot of DnDers now. Hope you get enough players to start a campaign!

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:10:57 )
You gotta @Mention me.

I don't need many.
Want to keep it smaller, like 2-3 players.

Preferably two players with two characters each.
Since the game is balanced around having 4 players, but the more players in a forum game, the slower it will be.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:13:52 )

@Rallaa: I have never managed 2 characters at the same time. Hmm..

Voltie — cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:17:02 )
@Rallaa: I'mma check it out right now!
Discord works best for me tbh, should I DM you my addy?

Uhm, the one character I played around with making was for a pathfinder game I believe. I was a Summoner, I had skills and perks related to leveling and powering up my thrall.
And uhm, I guess I've always been into roleplaying and some friends and I made up some games similar to DnD when we were kids/early teens; just didn't know what DnD actually was. I've been text roleplaying on and off for a few years but it gets kind of boring, I figure DnD would be more fun because of the dice and skills/stats.

@Saeyra: Looks like I maybe found one already with Rallaa. Lmao. I guess I was lucky? xD

~ meow

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:19:49 )

@button: Haha awesome! There was talk once upon a time of making a voltie DnD campaign but I think we didnt have a DM. And some of the users who wanted it are not active anymore sadly. Its okay though, it seems like alot of new people are joining who are interested in DnD so it may become a reality still at some point!

Voltie — cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:22:12 )
@Saeyra: I'm patient so I can wait!
I'm interested and having someone willing to help me out and teach me is definitely a plus. ^^;'

~ meow

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:22:37 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@button: Yeah, are you the same Button on the Voltra Discord?

@Saeyra: It should be easy to manage in a forum based game, since things happen over a long period irl.

I'd like a voltra DnD game that isn't forum based, though I don't think I could DM it.
I'm only trying to do this forum game because they are slow paced, so I wouldn't need to worry about being put on the spot, or fumbling over my words, and things like that.

Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie — cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 00:26:29 )
@Rallaa: Yep that's me!

~ meow

beautiful art by littlewhitedragonlet

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 06:04:13 )
@Saeyra: Thanks for the link! Looks really helpful and something that'll get plenty of good use from me! There's also another site I use that has helped me with the many generators they have as well!

Figured I'd share just in case... fiddling around with the results is always fun ^^;

I'm over here wishing there were people I could play with, but DnD isn't very big in my city...timezones are bad civilization

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 10:51:16 )

@KreitzeN: Oh yeah I use Donjon as a dungeon generator!

You can try looking for a game in the DnD discord servers I linked earlier in the thread. The Tavern discord server has over 2,000 people so you might find some games in your timezone too. I know how hard it can be to find a group especially when where you live isnt primarily english-speaking so not many people read about or know what DnD is...

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 14:46:44 )
@Saeyra: I'll be sure to check those out then! Maybe I'll find a game that starts when it's evening for me~

Times like these, having a plethora of characters to use comes in handy~
I could go for a melee or spellcaster type for my next possible campaign given that I'm already a stealth-based character in my current one. I'll post pics once I get around to drawing everyone else

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.