Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts How do you want to do this? [Critical Role and DnD hangout.]

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/24 02:35:56 )

Been listening to some D&D Stories by Puffin Forest. Found it when my husband shared the "A Most Abserd Character" story.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/24 07:56:18 )
Haha yeah I know that video about abserd! Its hilarious!

@KreitzeN: Nice artwork man!

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/24 23:33:25 )
You gotta @Mention me.

I really recommend a youtube series called 'The Animated Spellbook'
The guy explains spells from D&D 5th edition, and often giving interesting stories or examples of their use in games, with nice animations to visualize it all.

Even if you know the spells by heart already, it's a good video series for the stories and animations.
Playlist Link Here

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 14:49:16 )
@Saeyra: Thanks, though I'm still practicing a lot. Not quite all too used to drawing digitally yet xD

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 19:34:15 )
@Rallaa: The animations are really good! I love it!

@KreitzeN: You are doing so great already! Better than when I started digital thats for sure.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 13:07:26 )

@Saeyra: Yeah, it is wonderful!

@Rallaa: Oh nice! Going to check that out. It's always nice to have an example handy for the spells.
About to start another campaign with my husband.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 15:53:15 )
Anyone up to date with the latest critical role episodes?

What do you all think of Nott's backstory? I liked it alot!!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 17:22:08 )
I'm a few episodes behind on Season 2. (halfway through 51. Have yet to watch 52 and 53.)
The show helps fill in that D&D void...

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 17:30:24 )
@Phantasmagoria: Ey! Me too! I had to give up DnD for awhile due to RL so its nice to live vicariously through them.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 17:36:48 )
@Saeyra: Same here! RL has just been too busy lately and I haven't had the time or energy to start/join a campaign.
I would like to someday...

For now, I'm glad there's this.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 17:44:01 )
@Phantasmagoria: Tell me some of your fave moments in the show! Also, who is your fave character?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 18:41:50 )
@Saeyra: It's so hard to pick! I loved when Khary Payton made guest appearances as Shakaste, so that definitely stands out.
There are so many good little moments though throughout. Everyone meeting for the first time, Pumat Sol, Jester defacing things, making fun of Fjord's name, any major battle once things start to get INTENSE etc etc etc.

Fave Character? Yasha

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 19:50:48 )
@Phantasmagoria: Oh yeah I do looooove all their guests so far! Shakaste, the half dragon girl, the firbolg mom, the gnomish little girl. My fave has to be the latest one called Spurt. He is so funny! Fave NPCs have to be either Pumat Sol or Kiri. I love Kiri soooo much. Honorable mention goes to Jester's mom, she is super sweet. Oh and who could forget the cowardly band of bandits! I was in stitches when they actually robbed the bandits who were trying to rob them!

I love the way Caleb describes his spells in battle scenes, its not overly dramatic but so well described and cool. And omg who could forget their special team move called the fluffer nutter!!

I can't wait to see what Jester defaces now with her magic paint that brings everything she draws to life.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 20:14:50 )
Kiri was adorable!

I want to make fanart of so many characters...

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/10 12:14:25 )
@Phantasmagoria: Yaaas! I know how you feel!!!! Lets make a deal, if we ever do fanarts of crit role we gotta post it here and tag each other okay?

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/10 16:26:12 )
@Saeyra: DEAL!!!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/19 19:02:58 )

I've been told to post in here. So

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/20 00:30:22 )

That is epic, Shadami!
LOVE IT!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/20 12:33:22 )

the Dm asked me to be the character playing against the other players. So they get hired to help deliver a caravan of mithril type material up through the woods that my character has grown up in. I on the other hand have had my parents taken away from me by the caravan owners cruelty and am against the caravan. So I am determined to find some way to stop it because what they do is take the natives and make them slaves.
The other players don't have this info, they've just been hired only.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/22 05:49:05 )

That sounds rather cool! Hopefully it goes well!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.