Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts How do you want to do this? [Critical Role and DnD hangout.]

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 01:57:15 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

Hello and welcome! This thread was created with Critical Role in mind, but any and all DnD related conversation is welcome. Of course, general random banter and friendly conversation is also very welcome! This is, afterall, a hangout.

I'm Bloo, and this is my little home. *gets comfy*

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 01:57:44 )
Rules.

01. Follow all site rules and guidelines, duh.
    02. Post all spoilers for the current season behind a spoiler tag.
    03. Be aware that not everyone has completed season one.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 01:59:21 )
What is it?

Critical Role is a web series (live streamed on Twitch) where a bunch of voice actors play Dungeons and Dragons. It has very quickly gained popularity since its first airing and has grown into its very own brand. There are podcasts for those who prefer to listen instead of watch. In addition to videos and podcasts, there is a variety of merchandise (shirts, tarot cards, art books, knickknacks) and even a short series of comic books!

Season 1 Playlist via YouTube
    There are 115 story episodes for season one. The playlist also contains one shots (which are not related to the story).

Season 2 Playlist via YouTube
    There are currently 46 story episodes available on YouTube. New episodes are added the Monday after the original showing.

Find more information on Critical Role's faq.

When is it?

Where is it?

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 01:59:26 )
The Cast

Matthew Mercer - Dungeon Master

Ashley Johnson - Pike Trickfoot (Gnome Cleric) and Yasha (Aassimar Barbarian)
    Laura Bailey - Vex'ahlia (Half-Elf Ranger/Rogue) and Jester Lavorre (Tiefling Cleric)
    Liam O'Brien - Vax'ildan (Half-Elf Rogue/Paladin/Druid) and Caleb Widogast (Human Wizard)
    Marisha Ray - Keyleth (Half-Elf Duid) and Beauregard (Human Monk)
    Sam Riegal - Scanlan Shorthalt (Gnome Bard), Taryon Darrington (Human Artificer), and Nott the Brave (Goblin Rogue)
    Talisien Jaffe Percival de Rolo (Human Gunslinger), Mollymauk Tealeaf (Tiefling Blood Hunter), and Caduceus Clay (Firbolg Cleric)
    Travis Willingham - Grog Strongjaw (Goliath Barbarian/Fighter) and Fjord (Half-Orc Warlock)

Orion Acaba - Tiberius Stormwind

Trivia

Travis and Laura are married.
    Matthew and Marisha are married.
    Liam and Sam are best friends.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 01:59:32 )
Reserved for future endeavours.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 01:59:36 )

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 01:59:41 )

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 01:59:46 )

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 05:00:17 )

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 05:28:41 )

Ok I'm doing it. I'm doing the thing. But I'm starting at Season 2 this time.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 05:35:01 )
@Priestess of Pie: LOL, that sounds like a good idea. That way you can stay up to date on the stuff that people are actively talking about now!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 05:37:52 )

Yeah I tried to listen to the first season about a year ago but I fell behind really quick so I'm trying to get at least somewhat up to date. XD

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 05:40:54 )
@Priestess of Pie: I feel like it takes a little bit for the first season to pick up (since it starts in the middle of their campaign and you have to play catch up on the story and character progress).

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 05:44:45 )

@Bloo: Yeah it took me a bit to get into it. Plus the audio quality was not so great and everyone talked over each other constantly. XD

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 05:48:49 )
@Priestess of Pie: Yeah, I forget sometimes how bad the quality was! Especially when they'd get excited and raise their voices, I thought my ears were gonna fall off. XD They have come a long way, so proud of those nerds. <3

How are you, btw? Did you new year start off well?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 05:52:57 )

Well, I'm sick. Not sure what with. Very dizzy. =) Dr. couldn't see me until tomorrow. Possibly a sinus infection.

Other than that though my new year is starting out pretty good. Had some good food, laughed some good laughs, and actually got off my lazy butt and drew something.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 06:02:59 )
@Priestess of Pie: Awe, I'm very sorry that you're ill. At least sinus infections are easy enough to treat, though I know that doesn't make anything better. (Sometimes they are down right suffocating!)

I'm glad your NYE was good! I stayed in with my husband and doggo. Read some, watched some. All and all a good night. :D

@Bioshock: It's so frustrating making a character and not being able to use them! I created two characters for games that I only got to play three or four times and it makes me so sad! One for Pathfinder (a Ratfolk Gunslinger) and for DnD (a Mousefolk Bard).

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 06:30:53 )
@Bioshock: Haha, a centaur would be interesting! My husband played a minotaur and he was pretty neat. Also incredibly intimidating. XD

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 06:45:41 )
@Bioshock: Surely they would! Not to mention it would just be AWESOME.

I had a friend make a Tabaxi rogue namde Ort Haswares (to sound like Ort Has Wares) and he modeled his behavior after Elder Scrolls Khajiit.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 06:58:49 )
@Bioshock: Agreed! I really enjoy a rich story, but sometimes we need to laugh and enjoy the silliness. <3 I think that's why I love Critical Role so much. The stories are very well thought out and are deep, but there is plenty of silliness to break up the seriousness.
A reminder to drink water and take your vitamins.

QUEST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.