Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts How do you want to do this? [Critical Role and DnD hangout.]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 11:21:54 )

@Bloo: Thank you for making this!! Sorry I fell asleep but I will have you know I was hitting f5 on this thread like crazy before I did haha *bookmarks*

So how long have you guys been playing DnD?

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 21:04:58 )
@Saeyra: Haha, no worries! I figured it was something like that!

I've been playing for ten years - on and off as parties become available, ya know. :3

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 21:14:17 )

Come Post Count With Us! / In Both These Threads!
(with a referral contest too!)

Ooooh! Thank you for the link to it!~
Will have to watch it sometime!

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 04:39:04 )
@dragoness129: No problem! * u *
I wanna update it with links to the specials too, but I'm so lazy... D:

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 04:49:48 )

Ok I'm still on episode 1 but I love Nott??? What a good girl????

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 04:50:52 )
@Priestess of Pie: OMG SHE'S SO LOVELY AND AMAZING AND SHE MAKES YOU HAVE FEELINGS. <3 Sam is SO GOOD at character development and story telling. UGH.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 18:08:00 )

Come Post Count With Us! / In Both These Threads!

-reminder to myself to watch this sometime-

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 22:29:18 )

Hope you manage some time to do it! :D

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 22:58:37 )

@Bloo: Wow a veteran! Which is your favourite edition to play?

@Priestess of Pie: I am so glad you are enjoying the show. Yeah, Nott is so cute! She has such good chemistry with Jester and Caleb.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 02:44:37 )

@Saeyra: Probably 3.5e, but I do really like 5e - especially with larger groups.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 03:14:38 )

@Bloo: Have you tried pathfinder? I have been wanting to try that. I have played 3.5e in video games like neverwinter nights but never actual DnD, so I think I know the rules abit. I have only played 5e in actual DnD though. I find it super easy to teach new players 5e cos its the simplest edition and lots of people run games for them.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 03:55:23 )

@Saeyra: I have briefly played Pathfinder, not enough to really have an opinion on it tho.

5e is definitely easier to teach and to understand for newbies, and I think that's why I like it in large groups more. I'm really impressed with this edition!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 04:08:12 )

@Bloo: 5e can feel inadequate sometimes though, when you have stretched it to its limits. Like in terms of what armors you can equip and feats you can take. I feel like I am outgrowing it a little, luckily they keep adding expansions for more cool stuff as the years keep going. I crave more customization like in 3.5e, leveling was more exciting in that edition I think. 5e focuses more on RP than rules I think and thats okay for a more loosey goosey feel but sometimes I want more complexity.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 07:24:12 )

@Saeyra: Yeah - you sound a lot like my husband in that respect. I really like the role playing aspect. I love to use it to get out of combat, but that's more because I play characters that are better outside of combat than in. I get lost in the numbers sometimes and it really slows down my momentum.

My friend is wanting to put on a new game soon, so I'm really excited. I want to play something I've never played before - so it'll have to be a more common race and a melee sort of class, I think. :3
A reminder to drink water and take your vitamins.

QUEST

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 18:53:54 )

@Bloo: Yeah the numbers are the downside to 3.5e but I think pathfinder is a good inbetween of the 2? See after you pick your archetype in 5e, unless you are a spellcaster there is not much to do when you level up. I am currently playing a ranger and its pretty boring, I got an extra attack at level 5 and thats kinda it for the next few levels. I don't learn new skills, feats are difficult to take because you want to get your base stats up. You can only attune to 3 magical items And your armor is just one whole piece, no plus1 gauntlets of face bashing. I mean I am sure the DM can create it if he wants but its just harder to balance I guess. My DM right now just gives us money as loot. While that's cool, we don't really use it for anything because magic items can't be bought in shops in 5e. So we just carry around tons of cash in our bag of holding haha.

I am so excited for you! Tell me all about your character when you make it!!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 19:08:06 )

Kiwi\'s Posting Contest / Unicorn\'s Posting Contest

There are so many things to do and never enough time to get to it all.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 19:12:58 )

You want to play DnD too Dragoness?

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 19:14:20 )

I have played a lot of 5e myself.
My husband and I have started playing Divinity 2 again.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 19:23:28 )

Oh I didnt know that! Tell me about your characters! And yeah Divinity 2 is amazingly fun! The voice acting and stories are really cool. The combat system is also extremely fun.

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 19:55:13 )

I have had a large variety of characters. We keep starting different campaigns with others, but never finishing.
The longest lasting one, was with my Sorceress getting to level 14.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.