Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts How do you want to do this? [Critical Role and DnD hangout.]

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 16:05:38 )
@Saeyra: Just the half-orc right now, and in my last campaign I was an Elven ranger, but that was in 3.5. I've also played a rogue. I am jealous of your online groups! I wish I had those, but my only days off are Tuesday and Wednesday, and most people I know are busy working during the week. I'd still be interested in those discords, though. I have always wanted to try Roll20, but never got around to it.

My half-orc's name is Kova. She's got bit of a complex, raised by her orc side and always trying to prove herself. She's trained hard, but she's on the smaller side, so she has to pick a few fights now and again. In fact, she just got into a bar brawl with a male orc who mocked her for being tiny (keep in mind, she's still 6'0"). Now she's doing a small job hunting down some rat folk, while one of the party members is dead set on doing botching the job. It's been silly, but still a lot of fun.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 18:57:18 )

@KreitzeN: Wow some awesome stories there! Makes me glad I don't have Sorcs on my team!
On the other hand slimes are super scary. They sound like a basic monster but they are so bad for melee characters..which my whole party is. We definitely would get beaten by a slime haha.

@Rallaa: Wow I love this table! I travel with a cleric so its no problem to grow back my arms and legs. It will definitely make things more dramatic during combat haha. Now I gotta just pitch it to my DM.

@meba: OOOH a fellow elven ranger! Nice! Roll20 is really good. I suggest signing up for the free version. There is some matchmaking there as well but some DMs charge RLC. Here are some massive servers on Discord with lots of people looking for games. Maybe you can find some people with a similar schedule as you. (protip: use the search function cos there are alot of adverts to sort through)

Tabletop Gaming (USA)
The Tavern (USA,international)
European Timezone Server

What is your half-orc's class? I really like her story so far! I hope you keep us updated on her adventures. I don't know why I really love her name. Its simple, easy to remember and has personality.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 03:01:28 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Saeyra: Yeah, your DM would be super mean to throw a Black Pudding at you guys.
It will deal damage to you every time you hit it in melee, and if you hit it with slashing damage, it will split into two slimes with the same stats.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. ๐ŸŒ

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 04:00:15 )

@Rallaa: Yeah not to mention its attack is a cone of acid..yeah..we pretty much dead. The only thing that might save us is maaaybe the fact that 2 of the 4 of us are dwarves and are resistant to poison? I use shortswords and can use a bow if necessary which would be piercing so that's okay but gonna have to lose out on the damage from my wolf. Our Barbarian wont have a choice but to take the melee damage though. He has a rapier so its piercing damage but still..he gonna take it to the face.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 04:09:59 )
Do those things have a core or something like that? One of you, probs the one with the highest HP, could just dive right in and go to town on what should be an existing weakness. We had that so it worked out for us

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 04:51:27 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@KreitzeN: I don't think the oozes from 5e have cores.
Maybe your DM made custom slime monsters.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 11:55:28 )
Yeah I have a feeling it could've been based on the kinds of Slimes that have a core to hold them somewhat together. I just keep thinking of the Slimes from the Monster Girl Encyclopedia.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 20:32:21 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@KreitzeN: Yeah, I feel like slimes with a core is a J-RPG and anime/manga thing.
Plus the monster type in DnD is technically called an Ooze, and have names that use words like 'ooze', 'jelly', 'pudding', 'gelatinous'
None of them are referred to as slime as far as I know.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 09:42:29 )
@Rallaa: True. The addition of a core of some kind is interesting though. Like...it makes sense that there's something holding the amorphous creature together and the magic being condensed into something that serves like a nerve bundle/brain/heart is pretty neat!

Yeeaaaah I looked stuff up and a creature known as Giant Slime only appears in homebrew material. Oozes are such a pain to deal with as a melee character. Their Split feat can get pretty annoying from what I've read.

My campaign hasn't moved much as of late. Kinda sad about it. Being on the other side of the world compared to everyone else sucks xD

EDIT:
Also I got these recently! Ordered 'em online around two weeks ago and now I have dice for every character archetype I can think of. Gonna get some fancy metal ones again next month hopefully.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 15:37:58 )

Kiwi's Posting Contest / Unicorn's Posting Contest
(with a referral contest too!)

@KreitzeN: Very nice character art!

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:48:17 )
You gotta @Mention me.

I had given up on watching Critical Role because I just couldn't make the time for myself.
I watch so much other stuff I'm subbed to.
But I just realized, the way I play animal crossing lately,
It's perfect for watching critical role.
I can listen along, but look up from the 3ds during moments when I wanna pay more attention.

So I might try to watch again.
Just gotta figure out where I left off.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:51:09 )

I've been trying to watch Critical Role, but I find myself constantly getting distracted so I'm back to listening instead during my commute. ^^; It's a lot easier to pay attention plus I get through nearly 2 hours every weekday lol. I'm just now on S2E4. Hopefully I'll get caught up eventually.

I still love Nott.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 07:30:58 )

@KreitzeN: Wow that collection is impressive!

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 14:01:38 )
Thanks dragoness! In the middle of redesigning everyone except Cerise 2 for my story and it's taking a while

@Saeyra: And it's great fun to roll them too! They feel very different compared to my metal dice, much lighter and much easier to lose (gotta make sure to throw 'em juuuuuust right), but I can still see myself using them for a game or two. I've place 3 of my main dice sets into the box the metal ones are in, all in pouches...except the transluscent ones because I ran out of pouches.

Thinking about using them hypes me up funnily enough

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 05:01:39 )

Can't let this great thread die.
Also, I found out I have far TOO many things on my watchlist. Never going to get through it all. T_T

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 05:48:48 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@dragoness129: Same here.
I got lots of youtube gaming channel backlog, not to mention all of critical role.

Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 22:56:03 )

Yeah. All mine seems to be on Netflix.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/18 19:52:32 )
Oh gods above I thought this place disappeared until now! I'd completely forgotten to check my bookmarks and I haven't been too active in a while...

"Sideris Eliades"

In my long absence I'd been writing a bit and created a character for another campaign I got invited to. It has an interesting flair about it, with the rules and setting being a mix of 3.5e, 2e and Pathfinder. The magic system is especially fun as all classes are capable of using magic, with the number of initially known cantrips and feats varying from class to class (i.e. I as a Fighter have 1 known cantrip and 8 maximum spells or feats while our Sorcerer has 2 cantrips and 16 maximum spells or feats). Our spell trees also grow from our cantrips, and as we start at 7th level, we had a lot of developing to do.

The spell tree I managed to work out is called "Arcane Steelworks", developed from my character using his magic to maintain his father's equipment as well as through constant observation of blacksmiths and how they work with different materials and armaments. Using mana, Sideris is able to reinforce, replicate and synchronize with weapons, reinforce his own body parts or create a synchronization field around him that at higher levels produces more weapons that can fly at his enemies per turn or be used by his companions.

For anyone who goes "Ohhhh" in their head, yes, I love Fate/stay night.

I can safely say it took me two weeks or so to iron out everything (heh) and I've just finished making all the tables. So many tables...

Oh right, rambling again. Anyway, I hope you're all doing well!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 06:48:01 )

I need a squirell monk drawn for a D&D character, lol.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/22 08:19:00 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
aw man, i don't really listen to critical role but i do love me some TaZ. (and D&D in general is rad.)
my friend is currently putting together a game with the new ravnica ep. hyyyype.
will have to post art/chara concepts later.

โ•โ•Gส€แด‡แด‡แด›ษชษดษข๊œฑ Fส€แดแดโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•Tสœแด‡ Lแดษดแด‡สŸส Cษชแด›สโ•โ•
PสŸแด‡แด€๊œฑแด‡ @ แดแด‡ แด›แด ษขแด‡แด› แด€ ส€แด‡๊œฑแด˜แดษด๊œฑแด‡.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.