Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 01:39:11 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Anya just laughed.

"Just because I don't need to sleep, doesn't mean I never have company over." She told him honestly.

"Don't worry about it, Ashley. Just get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning." She added with a soft smile.

"Ah, one last thing. Do not be alarmed if you wake to spiders in your room. They will likely stop by to make sure you're ok throughout the night, considering teh head trauma you sustained earlier."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 01:59:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ashley was silent again, before nodding.

"I see." he said.

"All right then, thanks for the... warning? I guess?" he said further.

"..." he then looked a little guilty about her comment where she said he had head trauma. He looked away for a moment, and bit his bottom lip.

"I need to tell you something." he admitted. "After my head's not so hazy." he went on.

"...and where Lindsay won't be able to hear it." he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 02:05:59 )

Anya nodded.

"Of course. If you need me, and can't find me, just talk to some of the spiders. They'll make sure I know you're looking for me." She told him honestly.

"They'll either lead you to me, or have me come home quick." She added with a soft smile.

"For now, get some sleep." She said, her voice and face kind.

"Ah, also, here." She reached up into her hair and withdrew some strands of something. The glittery element made it relatively easy to ID as her webbing though, if one looked closely enough. She made sure he grabbed it with his hand covered by some material from the pack first though.

"If your head starts to hurt too much, just touch this. Or if you find you can't sleep."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 02:32:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley looked at the strands of web uneasily, but then nodded.

"All... all right." he said.

"...........I'm sorry." he apologised.

"I'm sorry I acted the way I did." he told her.

"But... I mean... just..." he then stammered further, clearly unsure of how he would say what he wanted to say, before just sighed in defeat, and giving him. He wasn't an eloquent boy.

"I'm sorry."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 02:35:02 )

Anya just smiled softly.

"It's all right." She assured him.

"... Lindsay told me where you were, what happened - to an extent. I realise how that," she motioned to the webbing he held, "could bring up .... way more memories and nightmares than you might wish to admit at the moment if you thought about it."

"However, just know that it is nothing more than an option if you feel you need it. If you don't use it, that's ok." She added.

"And I'm sure I'll be easy enough to find. Ah, right, if I haven't mentioned it, don't touch glittery web with your bare skin."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 03:13:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley nodded in response.

"I gathered that." he said.

"...anyway, I'm going to go and get some more sleep. I feel like I still can sleep. All night, really." he continued, before shaking his head slowly and making his way back into the room he'd previously been in.

"...night, Miss Anya." he told her.

"Please. Just Anya." Anya responded.

"Okay. Good night, Anya." Ashley re-stated.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 03:31:21 )

"Sleep well, Ashley." Anya said with a soft smile.

---

The next day, Anya was back at her stand, selling her wares. She made good money that day, however, she was also severely distracted. For all she knew, Ashley had convinced her brother to leave him with while she was gone.

She knew they were then she'd woken and left, as they'd been awake and talking with each other. She had no idea if they'd left though, not yet at least.

There was no way to know before she got home.

As the sun was starting to set, she returned home and stepped inside.

"Ashley? Lindsay?' She called into the small house, wondering if they were there, or if they'd left. She had a few things for them, but wasn't sure if they would fit. She noticed that the shoes they'd been wearing had been.... questionable, at best. so she bought some new ones.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 03:59:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She was met with silence for the first few seconds, but before she had a chance to truly start thinking they had left (and before her home spiders could tell her anything), she saw Ashley poke his head around a corner.

"Hi." he greeted her.

"Welcome back." he said.

"Lindsay and I were playing around outside and he fell into some mud. So he's down by the water washing himself and his clothes off." he then explained, to tell her why HE had just responded to the call.

"Wasn't too long ago, either, so he'll be a bit." he then said.

"There was a LOT in his hair."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 04:01:45 )

Anya just smiled when she heard Ashley.

"Heh. Good to see you're still here." She commented.

"And oh? Good to know." She added after a moment or two.

"Here. I bought these for you." She then said. "Have some for your brother, as well." As she spoke, she handed a package of items to him, holding the other, herself.

"Figured you needed something more than just what you were wearing last night, and now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 04:32:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley accepted the package and opened it, looking inside... and being shocked when he saw what was there. Shocked, stunned, and surprised.

"...woah. Shoes!" he said.

"These look so good, and so comfy!" he said further, before looking back at her.

"Thank you! So much." he told her.

He then paused again, looking a little more solemn now.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 04:33:44 )

Anya was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Of course." She said after a moment or two.

"Do you have a preference for where?" She asked. "You call the shots here, Ashley. I can tell this is something that weighs on you, and I'd rather you weren't uneasy while saying whatever it is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 04:53:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley shook his head in response.

"No." he replied.

"I just don't want Lindsay to hear this." he told her.

"So... not out by the water, and preferably while he is bathing." he said further.

"If that's now, that's fine. Otherwise, the next time this situation comes up."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 04:55:07 )

Anya was silent for a moment, curious.

"We can speak now." She told him with a soft smile.

"Come, let's sit down." She added, motioning toward the couch.

"I admit, I am insanely curious." She admitted after a couple of seconds. "Almost impossibly so."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 05:16:09 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley nodded again.

"All right." he said, as they made their way to the couch and sat down on it. When they did, Ashley fidgeting a little, before sighing heavily.

"I... didn't slip in the pond." he admitted.

"I guess it looked like I did, but... I didn't." he told her.

"I started to get woozy and the world started spinning." he continued.

"...and then the world went black."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 05:22:08 )

Anya was silent for a moment before sighing.

"That... is most certainly concerning." She admitted after a moment or two, realising that it wasn't due to needing food or anything. She didn't know what it was that she was to expect here. She paused a moment or two later though.

".... one moment." She said before making her way over to a wall, knocking twice. A large spider came crawling down to where she was, which she scooped up and brought over.

"This spider is large, I know." She said as she took a seat nex tto him.

"And it likely won't be pleasant to have crawl on you, but if you allow it, it can get a read for your current physical state. It will let me know if there is anything to be concerned about."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 05:44:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley flinched a little, and shrank down some when he saw the spider, but he then nodded.

"...okay." he said further.

"Whatever... whatever works." he told her, as he tried to relax a bit.

"I've been feeling this way for... a bit." he said. "About... I don't know, a week or so?" he guessed.

"Started after I tripped down a small bit of stairs, and has just been getting worse since." he went on.

"Doesn't feel as bad right now, though." he finished, awaiting the spider.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 05:54:08 )

The spider crawled onto Ashley and checked him over.

"You're fine." Anya told hm honestly.

"Which is quite a relief. You were bleeding quite profusely." She added after a moment or two.

"I admit, I wasn't entirely convinced of your survival."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 06:14:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley just sighed.

"It's something I worry about daily." he said.

"my survival... Lindsay's..." he admitted to her. "I just... I don't want him to worry. I don't need him panicking and being worried about me and stuff." he told her further. "So... I needed to be fine." he said.

"I needed to be confident. I needed to be able to care for the both of us." he went on.

"...guess, in the end... I couldn't..." he lamented.

"But... I don't feel like I need to be that way HERE." he then told her.

"I feel... like I can... relax a little..." he finished, and Anya could see that Ash had been forcing himself to be the 'grown-up' between them in so many ways, and for so long.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 06:21:40 )

Anya just sighed, resting a hand on his back, between his shoulders.

"Ashley... you're a child, or at least you look to be one. I realise that's likely due to the elf, but let's not get into that right now." She commented.

"You deserve to live like a child, for as long as you can. I'd guess you only have a decade or so of childhood that you can claim at the moment." She added.

"So please just let yourself be the child you never got to be. Act your age, live your life." She wasn't quite begging him, but he could hear how much she wanted him to just... be free.

"You're safe here. There is likely very, very little that anyone can do to you here." She added. "And even more protection from the elf that caused you to end up here in the first place."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 06:41:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash didn't say anything in response, but he did lower his head a little, just enough that she couldn't see his eyes. He sat there for another moment in silence, but before she could potentially say anything more, she saw them; a pair of tears that feel from his face, landing softly on the floor.

Then, he just turned to her and wrapped his arms around her, burying his face in her side.

She heard muffled soft sobs for a few seconds, and then he spoke.

"Thank you." he said.

"Thank you." he repeated, as he held onto her like his life depended on it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.