Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 07:30:30 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Anya was silent before just sighing, heavily.

".... and that just told me exactly who you are." She commented.

"I mean, I could feel your mana, and I've met your mother. I've had my suspicions since I first saw you." She admitted after a moment or two, before taking a seat on the couch she had.

"However, I wasn't certain, and didn't want to assume." She then said before meeting his gaze.

"... You're Lindsay Fyrane, aren't you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 07:52:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Lindsay flinched for a moment, but then nodded.

"...yes. I am." he confirmed.

"And my brother is Ashley Fyrane." he told her.

"...please don't kick us out, or tell anyone who we are..." he then said quietly. "We won't be accepted by the outside world... because we're freaks, and because we're Fyranes." he continued.

"Mistress told us of how mother abandoned us, and wrecks havoc on the world."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 08:04:03 )

"I've met your mother." Anya commented calmly.

"She doesn't scare me." She added before pausing a moment, thinking.

"Then again, I suppose it's debatable if I even have a soul...." She muttered, before shaking her head.

"Regardless, please, don't worry." She said, a soft smile to her voice. "I won't kick you out because of your family name." She wasn't sure if he'd believe her or not, but she was speaking true.

"... and you were lied to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 08:18:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay went through... a few emotions when Anya said all she did. He looked disheartened when she said she'd met their mother. Surprised when she said that she didn't scare her. A little saddened when she raised the questionable nature of her own soul... relieved when she assured him she wouldn't kick them out because of their family name... and then VERY confused with her last statement.

"Huh?" he asked.

"Lied to? What do you mean?" he asked her.

"About what?" he asked further, taking a few steps forward.

Anya really could see how naïve he was. It was clear he knew that Vanessa Encrae was not a nice person, to say the least... but the thought of him being lied to by... anyone, even HER... seemed to shock him.

Or, perhaps, this was just how she had conditioned them to think.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 09:14:05 )

Anya just sighed, before shaking her head.

"Your mother didn't abandon you." She told him honestly.

"as I said, I've met the woman. She's looking for you two, for her sons." She added, not sure if he would believe her. There was only so much that she could do here, considering the fact that they had been told one thing for so long. It would likely take time to undo that damage.

But she would do as she could to undo it. She would even go hunt out Rowena Fyrane herself in order to prove it to them. Assuming they hung around long enough for her to actually do that, of course.

For all she knew, when Ashley woke, he'd make sure they were gone, but she did hope that they wouldn't. They looked and acted like children, to an extent. She didn't want to see them as urchins on the streets. She'd been there, briefly, when she first came to the surface after her fall, she knew how hellish that life was. It was no life for anyone, child or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 22:16:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...I... I see." he said.

"Well... Ashley's probably not going to but that." he told her. "He harbours... great anger and resentment towards our mother." he said further. "And that is understating it." he added.

"A-anyway, the reason I reacted as I did to downstairs, is that it was cramped and dark." he then said.

"And it was underground." he went on.

"Much like the lab my brother and I were trapped in." he continued.

"For a moment, my brain thought I was back there..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 22:23:22 )

"Well... Good thing I keep the basement locked then?" Anya asked, not entirely sure if that would help or not.

"And if you DO find yourself down there, just knock on the wall three times and request some light. The spiders down there will light the place for you." She added.

"However, that shouldn't really be a concern." She then said before looking to the violin he'd brought up.

"And that, well, we can keep it up here so that you won't have a need to go down there again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 22:45:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Thank you." Lindsay responded.

"And... I'll remember that. Three knocks and ask for light." he then said, and she could tell he was committing that to his memory.

"...at least the door is locked, though." he then sighed.

"Anyway..." he mumbled.

"Sorry to... talk about such things." he apologised.

"I'm sure my past is not something anyone wants to hear..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 22:47:07 )

Anya shook her head.

"Please, don't fret about that." She said with a soft smile.

"Sometimes it's good to tell another person things that trouble you." She added. "Does it feel any better, knowing that there is someone out there that doesn't hold your history, or your family, against you?" She asked, her voice curious, calm, and friendly.

"Because I won't, and I have no intention of starting, either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 23:08:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay paused, and had a blank expression for a moment... before it very clearly turned into a smile. An honest-to-goodness smile. There was happiness and relief in it, as he looked at her.

"It does feel better." he said.

"I guess... I just wanted someone to tell that to. Someone to talk to about it." he told her.

"Other than your brother." Anya added.

"Well... yes. When he wants to talk about it." Lindsay replied. "He... he doesn't talk about it AT ALL." he admitted. "Every time it seems like I'm going to talk about our past at the lab, he shuts me up and says 'it's in the past, leave it there and let it die'." he informed her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 23:10:36 )

"While... that is a feasible means for some people to deal with and grow from their history, it isn't something that works for everyone." Anya commented.

"I can understand where your brother is coming from, however, I can also understand how it is that you feel better bringing it up with someone." She then said, a soft smile on her face.

"For however long you're here. I'll be an ear for you to talk to about anything. Hopes, dreams, nightmares... I don't care. If I'm opening my home to you on a permanent basis, I might as well be the big sister you never had, hey?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 23:47:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She could see how much Lindsay appreciated that. And that hearing that was something that it seemed he'd wanted to hear for a VERY long time, as his eyes and posture became MUCH more relaxed.

He then paused again, and looked at the violin. Recalling how she'd held it earlier, he assumed the position... decently. There were a few things off, but it seemed like he had already gotten the basics in holding it.

"Like this?" he asked.

"I just went with how I saw you, and how it seems to naturally fit."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 23:49:31 )

Anya just laughed lightly.

"Very close." She told him honestly before doing it again.

"Pay attention to your wrist and elbow." She directed. "You want your wrist straight, and your elbow away from your torso." She added, making sure he was aware of it, and that he was aware of his own positioning.

"Also... if your brother has a hard time with staying here... I do have ways to ... uhh... convince him?" She added with a heavy sigh. Since he was with Vanessa, she was sure that he wouldn't take too kindly to it, but at this point, she realised that Lindsay at least wanted to stay.

So she had to mention about some of the webbing around here.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 00:15:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay did as she said, and sure enough, his grip was correct now. He was quite pleased with himself... but then he heard her statement about her having ways to convince Ashley to stay.

"...huh?" he muttered.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Convince him? How?" he asked further.

He wasn't sure how he felt about that, as he sensed there was a lot more to that statement than what she had said.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 00:17:43 )

Anya was silent before sighing, heavily.

"I know you and him would really not like this..." She started, meeting his gaze.

"However, have you noticed the sparkling webbing around here?" She asked, motioning toward some of it on a shelf behind him.

"When it's glittering like that, it's best you do not touch it. You would, for awhile, end up develping quite an addiction to me. Where you would do almost anything and everything, no matter what it is that is going on, or what I request." She explained.

"I ... know that it would have echeos of dark elven mana, but I swear it is not the same thing. If you would like, I can show you." She paused a moment, thinking about that. [b]"And I mean with a small amount, so you can get at least a start of an idea for how it feels.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 00:55:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay did look scared and nervous at first, but he gently set down the violin and took a closer look at the glittering webbing.

"...really?" he asked.

"I've... never heard of anything like that before." he said.

"I didn't even know such a thing was POSSIBLE." he went on.

"And what would a small amount... DO?" he then asked her.

"How... devoted would I be?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 00:57:32 )

"Entirely depends on your mana pool." Anya answered honestly.

"That's been there for a few days, go ahead and touch it if you'd like." she then said.

"It shouldn't be too strong. It's the same stuff the clothing I sell is made from, after it's lost that effect." She added before sighing lightly.

"As for you.... I don't think you'd abandon your brother if he got up and left right now, however.... I'm not sure you'd let him leave, either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 01:17:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay was silent again for a moment, before reaching out and touching the webbing. And as soon as he did so, he paused, almost froze, for a few seconds. Then he withdrew his hand, looked over towards Anya, and stared at her for a second or two.

Then, before she could really say anything, he walked over towards her, sat down beside her, and hugged her.

He hugged her and held her close, much like a child would to someone they trusted.

And Anya could guess that this was born of his natural feelings for her, overall, but the webbing had helps exacerbate it just that little bit.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 01:19:56 )

Anya set the violin aside before just returning the embrace.

"How do you feel?" She asked, not entirely sure what it was that she was to expect with this. She knew that with the adult males, it often led to a fun time. Along with that, she used it to get out of trouble sometimes.

She'd never had someone that was, for all intents and purposes, a child touch her webbing before though. And that wasn't even touching on the fact that she was surprised he had done so willing, considering the fact that he'd be in the clutches of that damned elf for the first bit of his life. Chances were that she was ..... very persuasive and forceful with her mana, and its effects.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 01:44:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I feel fine, I feel good." Lindsay replied.

"I feel happy, I feel like I can do anything." he told her further, which was a bit of a misspeak, she assumed. Odds are he meant he WOULD do anything... which was a little on the unnerving side.

However, she could also sense that his tone wasn't the same as with the adult males she'd had it come into contact with.

It was odd.

He sounded, and seemed, devoted to her, but it was in the way that a young child would be devoted to a parent, with unconditional loyalty.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.