Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 04:12:50 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Good to know." Anya commented with a soft smile.

"For now, though, I do believe I should check on the stew I have simmering for dinner tonight." She then said.

"Care to join me? I know you've taken a liking to being in the kitchen."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 04:33:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ashley looked at her again, and smiled, his expression lightening considerably now.

"Yes!" he said enthusiastically.

Then, before Anya could really have the chance to touch it, herself, Ashley grabbed Lindsay's pack, as well as his own, and hoisted them both onto his back, one on each shoulder.

"I'll take these in and set them by the stairs." he told her.

"Lindsay can take them upstairs."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 05:03:57 )

Anya nodded with a laugh.

"You do that then." She said.

"and then you can taste the stew, let me know what you think. And if you can identify the meat I used."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 06:16:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley smiled at her when she said that.

"All right." he said, eagerly heading inside. As he did, she saw a bit of a spring to his step, and she could tell that what he had witnessed was not something that was going to weigh down on him too much.

He seemed like the sort that would bounce back from a LOT.

For the next 4 months or so, the three of them lived peacefully and happily together. The boys had gone out camping, as usual, and while Lindsay remained blissfully ignorant of what went on while they were gone, Ashley had definitely come to terms with it, and had obviously not told Lindsay. He figured that he didn't need to know. Raph had even shown up a few times and they had properly met him... and while Anya knew that Raph didn't exactly get along with kids the greatest, he seemed to be just fine in interacting with Ashley and Lindsay.

Though she guessed the fact that they were victims of Vanessa, and they were her adopted boys, caused him to have slightly more patience and compassion for them, and with them.

However, his visits were only about once a month... which was why it was weird that he had appeared in the home suddenly, not a week and a half after a previous visit, late in the evening.

He looked around frantically, before calling out, his voice a little on the panicked side.

"Anya!"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 06:19:46 )

When he arrived, he was met with silence before he noticed some of Anya's spiders moving on the floor. They formed an arrow, pointing him out the door to the back. As he headed that way, they led him.

And past the backyard.

They were leading him to the forest. Now, whether that was good or bad remained to be seen

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 06:41:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." he was silent as he saw that he was being led to the forest that was there, before cursing lightly. He had no idea what to make of this, but he didn't like it. At all. But he had little choice now.

So, he just shook his head.

"Great." he said.

"Anya!" he then called out, though he tried to be a little more quiet now, for some reason.

"Anya, you around!?" he asked, as he started to look around for her.

'...am I too late...?' he then thought worriedly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 06:43:13 )

Anya was with the boys, giving them a lesson on how to properly prepare an animal for food.. She realised it wasn't entirely needed, but also that it would likely be a good idea to cover it.

When she heard Raph in the distance, she paused.

"Boys, stay here. I'll be right back." She said before getting to her feet, not caring about th eblood on her, and heading off.

"Raphael?" She asked as she reached him.

"What's wrong? I heard the panic in your voice."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 07:02:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raphael looked over towards her, and he saw that she was covered in blood. Normally he would be a little more intelligent and wise about this, but with what was going through his mind, he was jumping to conclusions.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"Did they already get here?" he asked her.

"Are the boys all right?" he then asked further, before noticing that she seemed more... confused, than anything else.

"Wait..." he mumbled. "Who's... or what... blood is that?" he inquired.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 07:04:14 )

"... They... they're currently skinning a bear." Anya answered.

"Already get here?" She then asked, her voice getting a little more cold, serious.

"Raph... what's going on?" She asked. There was a definite air of impatience and seriousness to her now, something that was far different from before.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 07:25:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...a bear." Raph responded, before shaking his head.

"Right, not the time." he said.

"Anya, there's a travelling group of... performers." he told her. "Dancers, musicians, some fortune tellers, a small band, and they're travelling from town to town." he said further.

"...but they're not performers. It's a ruse. A disguise." he continued.

"They're hunters. Specifically, demon hunters and exorcists." he warned. "They're going from town to town, destroying spirits and demons. And they're NOT to be taken lightly." he went on.

"They have relics to aid them."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 07:28:14 )

Anya was silent for a moment before letting out a string of curses in the angelic language that she, apparently, never did forget after her fall.

"Do we have time to collect anything from the house?" She asked after a few seconds.

"Or is this a case of we need to be out of here last week?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 07:51:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raphael was surprised to hear the celestial curses, but he shook his head to get him back to reality.

"They'll be here in 2 days." he told her.

"Maybe sooner if they pick up their pace." he went on.

"So you should have time to collect SOME things, but... Anya, I'd suggest leaving as soon as possible." he said.

"They don't know you're here... but they WILL. As soon as they start fiddling with their instruments, your presence will be a pillar of darkness for them."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 07:54:21 )

"I can handle myself. I've encountered and dealt with plenty of hunters in the past." Anya told him honestly.

"However, I'm not sure the boys can." She added before sighing.

"Raph, feel like heading back and getting a start on packing things? You know the basement has the supplies for if I need to bail again." She then said.

"I'll get the boys, and we'll head back so we can leave quickly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 08:10:07 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph nodded in response.

"Of course." he said.

"I know what you need to take with you when you need to bail on a place, I know what you don't care about, and I know where to take your special possessions where they'll be safe, until you find a new place." he told her.

"And you know I'm quick." he went on.

"By the time you get back to the house, your travel bags will have been packed, and I'll spend the rest of the time getting your important things away from this place."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 08:12:33 )

"Thank you, dear brother." Anya said, gratitude in her voice.

"Just... thank you. I will see you soon." She added before turning and heading back to where she'd left the boys. Admittedly, it wasn't too terribly far, only about a five minute walk.

"You two, on your feet. Pack your bags again. We need to head home." She stated as she grabbed her own small pack, wrapping the sharp implements again in their leather covers and placing them within.

"Don't worry about the remains. The forest will live off of them for a bit. Now hurry, time is not on our side." There was an urgency to her voice and movements, but not aggression or anything of that sort.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 08:37:20 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay and Ashley were confused, to say the least, and they seemed a little concerned by her urgency. But they knew better than to argue. So, they did as she said, and packed their bags as quickly as possible.

"...why?" Ashley then asked.

"What's going on?" he asked her.

"I would like to know that as well." Lindsay agreed.

"Are we in danger or something?" he inquired.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 09:49:27 )

"You two? Possibly." Anya answered onestly.

"It would be because of your curse, if not because of your associationg iwth me." She then stated honestly before shaking her head.

"There are some Demon Hunters and Exorcists on their way to this town. As soon as they arrive, I will be a beacon for them, and they will target me." She continued as they packed everything up.

"I can fend them off solo, but I cannot do it while worrying about you two. So we are leaving."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 22:14:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boys paused for a moment.

"...so... so we have to leave... because of US?" Ashley asked. "If we weren't here, then you wouldn't have to leave?" he asked further.

"I think it's less that, more... we have to leave, as opposed to fight." Lindsay responded. "She said she can take them on, herself, if we weren't here." he told him. "However, even if she were to fight them, and defeat them, the odds are all-but-certain, that she would still need to leave the town, considering what would happen in the ensuing conflict." he reasoned.

"So it's because of US that, instead of fighting them and then fleeing, we are simply fleeing." he stated.

"...oh." Ash mumbled.

"Unless I read that wrong?" Lindsay then asked Anya.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 22:20:59 )

"No. You're right. I would be moving regardless, leaving the city, and most likely across the border." Anya said with a nod. "And you two are welcome to come with me, unless you would prefer not to."

"I would like you to join me, but you don't have to. I won't force it. However, I DO need to leave."

"Now come on." She then said before turning to head back to the house. She didn't want to leave them there, but honestly would if she had to.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 22:45:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boys quickly finished up packing, looked at each other, and then dashed to where they were beside her, on either side.

"What do we do about the house?" Ashley asked.

"And everything inside it?" he asked further.

"Sadly, I doubt we'll be able to do anything for them." Lindsay sighed. "Considering just how hurried she is, I get the feeling we may already be on borrowed time." he lamented.

"..." Ashley was silent, obviously not liking hearing that.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.