Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 03:26:58 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Anya froze, the mood broken.

"What?" She asked before it clicked.

"Shit! Ashley!" She exclaimed, scurrying out from under her companion, and behind him. She quickly wrapped her arms around Ashley, not caring about the skin that could be seen from the perceived abuse.

"Hey... hey calm down. I'm all right." She said as she was able to pull him off of Raph.

"I'm sorry Raph... I didn't expect him to return. Ashley, the hell are yoi doing back here? I thought you two would be gone for awhile..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 04:12:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ashley thrashed and struggled valiantly as he was pulled off and held... but the sudden change in tone, as well as what Anya had said, made him paused suddenly, several things going through his mind.

But there was her question.

"I... needed to get a pencil to write stuff down before we tested stuff." he told her. "Lindsay and I couldn't find one in the packs." he said further.

"But what was all this? That man was hurting you!" he then declared angrily, looking at Raph with the best glare he could muster.

This just caused the man to chuckle.

"Well... I mean, the kid's not wrong." he admitted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 04:15:23 )

Anya just sighed.

"Internal pocket of the packs." She told him.

"There's a roll of leather. Has everything for writing, and sharpening, within. Even some mana charged ink sticks." She added.

"Did you not find it?" She asked, her voice curious before looking to Raph.

"You, zip it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 04:35:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph could only laugh a little more at Anya's comment to him, as Ashley paused again.

"...oh." he said. "No... no we didn't find it." he told her.

"But-but-but, what he was doing!" he then exclaimed.

"He was hurting you!" he said.

"That's bad and you don't deserve it!" he insisted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 04:41:04 )

Anya was silent for a moment before looking to Raphael.

"..... Was it a punishment?" She asked him.

"No... at least I did not view it as such." He answered honestly.

"I didn't either." Anya commented.

"So... why do you think it was a type of punishment?" She asked the child.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 05:01:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley paused for a moment, before mumbling something. It was soft, but barely audible. And it seemed like Ashley had withdrawn a bit into himself saying it, like it had reminded him of something bad.

And no wonder.

Both Raph and Anya barely heard it, but they heard it.

"...mistress often used 'that' as punishment..." was what Ashley had said.

And Raph looked to have an expression of shock, horror, and disgust for a moment upon hearing it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 05:03:55 )

Anya was silent, lowering herself to her knees, her hands on Ashley's shoulders, so that she wasn't standing over him.

"Ashley..... it's ok." She assured him, her voice kind, calm.

"I'm not in trouble. That isn't always, or only, a punishment. Things that feel good shouldn't BE a punishment." She told him.

"For now... do you want to go back out to where your brother is?" Followed a second later.

"Just let me know what you want to do, ok?" This was, most certainly, a different side of Anya. Raph, despite having known her since before she fell, and having known her for so long before then, had never seen her have this much patience and kindness for a child. She almost seemed more like his sister, Sariel, than herself here.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 05:27:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...." Raph was silent for a moment, as Ashley tried his best to compose himself.

"So... so what was happening WASN'T a bad thing?" he asked.

"Not in this case." Raph responded. "Sometimes it IS a bad thing. A very bad thing." he told him. "So your response to what you saw and heard was perfectly reasonable. If anything, it was nice of you to immediately try and help Anya when you saw her in what you perceived as danger." he then stated. "However... in this particular case, what we were doing was something that we both agreed to, and we both like." he continued.

"Adults are... weird and complicated." he then mumbled.

"...I think I don't want to keep thinking about this right now." Ashley then said. "I mean, I think I get it, but... I just want to go back and be with Lindsay, and continue being outside and stuff." he told them.

"...and not tell him about this." he then added at the end.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 05:35:09 )

Anya nodded.

"Of course." She said, her voice calm, sincere.

"Go get what you need to, and go. Be with your brother, and just... push this to the side. We can talk more later, if you want." She added, a soft smile to her voice.

"Ok?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 06:12:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Ok." Ashley responded.

"Sorry I interrupted..." he then apologised, as Anya hugged him from behind.

"It's okay, dear." she said in a calm, cooing tone. "We're not mad, I promise." she said. "I'M not, at least." she then added.

"Neither am I." Raph assured him.

Ashley nodded in understanding, before excusing himself and quickly leaving, the two there waiting and listening VERY closely, until they heard his footsteps leave, the door shut, and then heard his receding footsteps outside.

That's when Raph let out a heavy sigh.

"Was NOT expecting THAT." he told Anya.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 06:48:48 )

"... Sorry about that." Anya said with a shake of her head.

"I had no idea that either of them would return." She added.

"If you want to just leave, that's all right. I completely understand." She then said as she got to her feet again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 07:20:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph just chuckled.

"Life happens." he said.

"And I admit, that was a smidgen of a mood-killer at the time." he then admitted. "However, I don't feel it's COMPLETELY ruined, if you don't." he stated, smiling at her.

"Because it takes more than THAT to ruin time with YOU." he continued.

"I'd move everything on earth to be with you."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 07:22:40 )

Anya just laughed.

"I know you would." She commented.

"You've done quite a bit to be able to make the most of our times." She continued.

Even pushed me off the edge. She thought before sighing mentally. She didn't hold that against him, she was the one who was receptive of it, after all.

"Anyhow, hopefully we won't be interrupted again." She added with a shake of her head, and a light laugh.

"I am sorry about that, by the way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 07:43:55 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph just looked over to the side for a moment, and then sighed.

"Now... I doubt we can just jump right back into what we were doing." he said. "Gotta build back up to it. Which is fine with me." he smirked, as he laid down, flinching a little as he did so, and gesturing for Anya to lay down beside/on him.

"Didn't know you'd taken in kids." he said.

"...and judging from the fire that kid used... was a Fyrane." he went on.

"I know tainted... and cursed... mana when I feel it."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 07:46:14 )

"They attempted to steal some of my wares a bit ago." Anya answered as she got comfy with Raph.

"I stopped them, they were skin and bones, and I took pity on them." She then said. "Haven't kicked 'em out since, because they're actually.... I dunno. I like having them here."

"Which surprises me, being what I am. Maybe it's remnants of what I was lingering."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 08:05:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph was silent again for a moment, before looking away slightly, and exhaling quietly, sighing under his breath. He seemed to stare into the closest wall, before looking back at her.

"...you always had such love to give." he told her.

"Seems you still do." he went on.

"But still... the Fyrane boys..." he then mumbled.

"I guess I have gained some insight into the cruel workings of Vanessa Encrae's might." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 08:06:52 )

Anya paused.

"Wait. You didn't know anything about her?" She asked, her voice curious, and a bit surprised.

"I... even I have information about that bitch." She then said.

"admittedly, when they arrived, I had no idea that THAT is who had them originally, but .... even I have a sense, a knowledge, of her. I've been to her base, for example. Or at least near it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 08:26:52 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He paused for a moment.

"All right, some MORE insight." he said.

"Seriously, the damn contract she signed makes it damn near impossible to try and gather info on her." he continued. "I'm not COMPLETELY in the dark about her, but I didn't know she was THAT depraved." he went on.

"...and you have?" he asked.

"Upstairs, we can't even get ANY sort of read on it." he revealed.

"She is flying under ALL of our radars."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 09:49:52 )

Anya just sighed.

"I guess we demons are different." She commneted.

"I could walk in there and tell you what the hell is going on. Hell, I could probably slit her throat if given the chance." She added after a moment or two.

"I guess it's because she has the contract with below."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 22:04:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph paused for a moment, thinking about that.

"...I admit, this is information that could be HIGHLY useful in the future, close or far." he told her. "She's been a thorn in all the realm's sides for... quite a while." he told her.

"But the fact that she seems to resort to such cruelty is... she's an abomination." he growled, growing angrier by the syllable, before forcing himself to take a few breaths and calm down.

"Regardless, this has been an... edifying conversation, to say the least." he said.

"However... perhaps we get back to the original purpose of my visit?" he suggested. "We can talk after."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.