Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 01:49:15 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Anya was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"Well, feeling good is always a good thing to hear." She told him honestly.

"Now, shall we take advantage of this?" She asked. Lindsay nodded before pausing.

"What... what do you mean?" He asked, some hesitation to his voice, his words.

"I mean that you'll likely remember all this far better." Anya assured him.

"Let's make sure the violin lesson sticks really well." She added with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 02:10:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

After hearing that, Lindsay smiled widely.

"Of course!" he responded.

"That would be lovely." he told her, getting up and going to the violin again, picking it up and holding it more properly than last time.

"All right, I'm ready." he said.

"Where do we start?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 02:16:27 )

"Let's start with the notes first." Anya said with a nod.

They were at it for hours. Lindsay was attentive, alert and most certainly interested throughout the entirety. He'd had to go and touch the webbing a couple of times, and he did it without any prompting from her. He noticed that he could feel when it was to fade, and also noticed that it wasn't too different. This wasn't really getting in the way of his own choices and such.

They just seemed to involve Anya, and that was about it.

Plus he was honestly happier for the moment, as well.

At the four hour mark, she paused a moment.

"Hey... the sun's setting." She commented, looking out the window they were near.

"Perhaps we should think about food, and possibly checking on your brother. I haven't heard anything, the spider up there is still there, but I'm sure you'd like to go and make sure."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 02:40:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay paused a moment, and then nodded.

"Yeah... yeah, good idea." he said.

He looked up in the direction of where his brother was, and then looked back at Anya.

"I'll go check on him now." he told her.

"And what do YOU like to eat for food?" he asked.

"Because I like just about anything." he smiled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 02:43:26 )

"Me? I'm not really all that picky." Anya answered honestly.

"Go check on your brother. If he's awake, we'll include him in the dinner conversation." She told him simply.

"For now, I am going to go and make sure I'm aware of waht there is that are options." As she spoke, she rose to her feet, setting her violin down where she'd been seated and heading off toward the kitchen, knowing that Lindsay would head up to check on his brother without any prompting. He'd offered, after all.

She really did hope that Ashley was all right, as it had been awhile. She was also reasonably certain that he should have woken by then, but ... she couldn't say for certain. She wasn't a medic, and most certainly wasn't a medic for those that were like those two. She had no idea what it was that had changed, entirely, regarding their biology, and how it was that they would be treated medically.

So she didn't really want to get involved in THAT, for the moment anyhow. If they were going to stay, she would make it a point to learn, of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 03:05:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay just nodded and made his way up to the room. He stepped inside, and still saw his brother, asleep on the bed. He walked over towards him, checked him over, made sure the note was still there, and then sighed.

"...please wake up soon, Ashley..." he said.

"I miss you." he finished.

He then turned and headed out of the room, sparing one last glance at Ashley, before closing the door and heading back downstairs.

"Still asleep... but seems to look a LOT better." he told Anya when he got there.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 03:08:08 )

Anya nodded.

"Good to hear." She commented after a couple of seconds. It really was something she was happy to hear, even if the child was going to be insistent on leaving. If nothing else, she hoped that this would help him believe that she honestly didn't mean them any harm.

She knew that he was concerned about that, after all.

"Is there anything you think you want to eat?" She asked, her voice curious. When he looked almost confused for a second - which she realised was likely because o the effect from her webbing - she just laughed lightly.

"All right. Tell me what you want to eat." She then said, phrasing it less as a choice and more as an order. She knew that people tended to respond better to that, after all. At least after her webbing was in play. However, she had a laugh to her voice, and a friendly tone. She hoped it was enough that he wouldn't take it as a strict order, like what he was used to from the elf.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 03:42:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay then paused, and thought for a moment.

"Just some meat and vegetables would be good." he told her. "Like a nice piece of meat, and various root vegetables, like potatoes and carrots and stuff." he explained further.

"...but if that's not an option, stew is always good." he then said.

"It's filling, it's easy to eat, and it's good for you." he reasoned.

"And a lot better than scraps, or what we were given when with Mistress."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 03:52:44 )

Anya nodded.

"Do you have a preference for meats?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Bear!" Lindsay answered enthusiastically before pausing.

"If... if that's a bit much, deer is good too." He added after a second or two. Anya just laughed.

"I think I have some bear in my storage." She told him honestly.

"Are you able to identify the different meats?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 04:16:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay nodded in response.

"Yep!" he said proudly.

"Then go on to the storage closet and check." Anya told him, explaining where it was and such. Lindsay nodded again, before rushing to get it. He found the door easily enough, and when he opened it to check, he was almost overwhelmed by the mana inside it. He looked around, a bit distracted, before finding a nice, sizeable hunk of bear meat, perfectly preserved.

He grabbed it and made his way out of the room, shutting the door behind him, and making his way back to Anya.

"Found it!" he declared.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 04:24:20 )

"Perfect." Anya said after a moment or two, before motioning to where he could set it down.

"Ashley tends to do the food prep and finding, but he made sure I can identify various piece of food, and meat." Lindsay answered.

"Good to know. Grab a knife, start slicing. I'm going to get a start on the broth for the stew." She told him.

"After your brother wakes, I'm not entirely sure that something not easy would be such a good idea. He may have too much of a headache to focus on something like that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 04:48:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Again, he nodded.

"All right." he said, as he started to work on the meat, slicing and cutting it into pieces that would be suitable for the stew.

About an hour or so later, while Anya and Lindsay were now into the cooking stages of the stew, Ash's eyes shifted ever-so-slightly, and they opened. He was staring at the ceiling for a moment, and he then immediately rose to a sitting position.

"Wha!?" he exclaimed, before grabbing his head.

"Owwww..." he mumbled, looking around and seeing the piece of parchment, which he grabbed and read... silent as he did so.

"...Lindsay..." he said quietly, a number of thoughts running through his head now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 05:07:43 )

Anya had been stirring the stew when she paused.

"Hey Lindsay." She started after a moment or two, a subtle smile to her voice.

"Ashley's ok." She told him after he'd approached her.

"He's awake." she added, knowing that he likely would want to know that. "Go ahead and check on him if you want. I can handle this myself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 05:28:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay just nodded in response, enthusiastically.

"All right!" he replied, before quickly disappearing up the stairs.

A matter of about 5 minutes later, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and these ones were slow. And deliberate. She knew they were Ashley's, but also Lindsay's were beside them.

She looked over towards the stairs, and saw the brothers come into view, Ashley using Lindsay to keep himself standing.

"......smells good down here." the former said after a pause.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 05:35:44 )

"Hello, Ashley." Anya greeted with a soft smile.

"Do you feel like you could stomach some food?" She asked after a moment, her voice curious as she turned to face the pair.

"Because this stew will be finished cooking in about an hour." She added after a moment or two.

"If you feel you could eat, you're most certainly welcome to have some." She added before pausing, chuckling lightly.

"Your brother is quite good. You've trained him well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 05:54:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley looked towards Anya, and sniffed the air again.

"...Iron-Tooth Bear?" he asked.

"Yes. Yes, it is." Anya responded.

"Heh." Ashley chuckled. "Knew I recognised that scent." he commented, as his stomach growled. Loudly.

"...I... could definitely eat, yes." he then admitted sheepishly.

"And Lindsay helped make it, huh?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 06:03:30 )

"Good to know." Anya commented with a light chuckle before sighing.

"How are you feeling though, Ashley?" She asked after a couple of seconds.

"I heard about your impact at the pond." She continued. "How is your head? If it hurts, I do have something that can help, even though I know you likely wouldn't like it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 06:27:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...my head hurts a little, yeah, but... uh... I feel overall fine." Ashley responded.

"That's great!" Lindsay said.

"I'm glad the rest helped!" he told him... which caused Ashley to look confused.

"...what...?" he mumbled.

"Lindsay, what is UP with you?" he asked his brother. "You seem... unreasonably happy. Like, you are in such a good mood, it's... weird."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 06:39:53 )

"Is... it a problem?" Anya asked, her voice curious.

"He's in a good mood, so what? " Followed a second or two.

"Is that really a problem?" As she spoke, she turned back to the pot with the stew, and gave it a good stir. She didn't want it to burn, after all.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 06:59:53 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Not... necessarily..." Ashley admitted.

"But... something's off." he said.

"Off?" Lindsay asked. "In what way?" he asked further.

"There's some strange... mana... on you." Ashley responded to his brother. "It's... faint. Subtle. But it's there." he went on.

"Or am I just messed up from earlier?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.