Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 18:59:44 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Anya was silent throughout his entirely recount. She didn't dare interrrupt, realising that this was something he needed to get out, and even then, she could hear the emotion in his voice. For now, she focused on finishing up with Ashley, making sure he was all right.

"All right, Lindsay?" She started, "You need to just breathe. Focus on your breathing for the moment, all right? Can you do that?" She asked. Lindsay nodded before just trying to do exactly that. It left her in silence for a few as she made sure that Ashley would be all right for the moment.

"Come on." She said as she got to her feet.

"we need to head downstairs. Can you two read?" She asked, her voice curious, and non-judgemental.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 19:57:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Lindsay paused for a moment, and then nodded.

"Yes." he replied. "Ashley and I can read." he told her. "I can read a lot better than him, though. I've actually been told in the past that I'm quite smart and apt when it comes to that." he then added.

"Why?" he inquired.

"Come on." Anya responded, moving away from Ashley. "He'll be fine, I promise. He just needs to rest this off and allow his system to repair the damage done." she assured Lindsay further.

Lindsay was a little hesitant at first, but her reassurance did seem to mostly quell his concern. He nodded, and the two of them left the room, making their way back downstairs.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 19:59:22 )

She led him down to the main room again, before grabbing some parchment, a quill and an inkwell.

"You can write well?" She asked. Lindsay nodded.

"Here, write a note for your brother, let him know where he is, and what happened. " She said as she sat him down at the desk she had, and set the writing materials ahead of him.

"And then run it up to the room so he will find it upon waking."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 20:06:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"That's a good idea!" Lindsay replied.

He then grabbed the quill and dipped it into the inkwell, before pressing it to the piece of parchment, and scratching out a note for Ashley. As he did so, Anya saw that his writing was... quite nice. It wasn't gorgeous or a work of art, or anything to that extreme, but it seemed like he knew what he was doing, as his strokes and letters were... elegant, but had some rough tinges to it.

Brother, you are still in Anya's home. You slipped and fell in the water, and were bleeding and unconscious, so I brought you back here. She put you to bed and tended to your injuries. So you're safe, you're where nobody will hurt you, and I am fine as well.

I'm sorry we argued, please don't hate me. And don't worry about where you are, it's fine. I promise.
he wrote.

"Take it up to the room and put it on the small table beside his bed, and then come back downstairs." Anya told Lindsay softly.

Lindsay nodded in response, taking the parchment and running it up to the room, returning after about 30 seconds.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 22:01:39 )

"Now, would you like to learn something new?" Anya asked when he returned, her voice soft, kind.

"It might be good for you to learn a new skill." She added with a light shrug.

"If you're interested, of course." She added. She didn't know if he'd be interested normally, nevermind when she was trying to use it as a means of distracting him from his brothers current state. She knew he was worried, he'd be nigh on panicking when he arrived after all. She wanted to distract his mind to hopefully make it that he wasn't freaking out about his brother.

Him panicking and getting himself all worked up would most certainly not help things.

"Or would you rather make plans for when he wakes?" She asked, her voice curious. "Ah, and on the topic of your brother, would you like to have a few of my spiders head up there to watch over him?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 23:07:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay was silent for a couple of moments, and nodded.

"Yes, please." he said.

"To both." he told her.

"It... it really would make me feel better to have someone looking over him and making sure he's okay." he said further. "Your spiders would be good for that, from what I've seen of them." he continued.

"And I am always wanting to learn new things." he then said.

"What are you meaning in specific?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 23:10:21 )

Anya just motioned over toward the shelving she had.

"There are some spiders on the third shelf from the top, so about your eye level." She started.

"Go and ask them to help. Explain your concern." She said.

"Give them reason to trust you." She added with a light chuckle.

"Once you have done that, we will head to the basement. I think you might like what I have down there." As she spoke she got to her feet, having taken a seat while Lindsay was writing.

"And I am intricately connected to my spiders. If they detect something as subtle as a change in his heartrate, I will know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 23:45:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay looked over towards the shelf in question... and saw the spiders resting there. He made his way over towards them, so that he could talk to them in a reasonable volume, and bit his lip slightly.

"Um..." he stammered.

"My... my brother was hurt really badly when he slipped and fell in the water out back." he told them. "And... Miss Anya says he'll be fine, but... I'm probably going to worry, anyway." he said further.

"Would... you mind watching over him to make sure?" he asked.

"If... if it isn't too much trouble?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 23:49:27 )

They seemed to look between each other, and he could have sworn he heard something that could have counted as 'chatter' between them, in some sort of spider speak, before one scurried off. They vanished behind the shelving unit, as one of the remaining looked to Lindsay and ... almost seemed to nod. As awkward as that was for a spider.

Anya, meanwhile, made her way to the door that hid the stairs down. On her way, she grabbed a spider though, and it crawled up onto her shoulder. It wasn't visible there, but it would light the way rather nicely.

Then again, that's part of the agreement for them living there. They were the lightsource in the basement, because she didn't want to deal with the whole oil and actual fire thing. So she had these guys, and in exchange for their survival and her making it a point to feed them bugs and such, they offered their webbing and such for light.

She was waiting patiently though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 00:21:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

After the little 'exchange' between Lindsay and the spiders, he nodded back.

"Th-thank you." he said to them. He then noticed that the spider that had 'nodded' to him was looking past him, almost as if to tell him that there was now something else that the boy needed to tend to.

Lindsay didn't need to be hinted at again, before turning around and slowly making his way to Anya.

"All right." he said.

"Where are we going now?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 00:25:01 )

"Through here." Anya answered honestly before opening the door with a key that he hadn't noticed was hanging on the wall. She then started heading down the stairs, down into the depths of darkness below. It was surprisingly dark and oppressive down there, but there was a definite.... friendliness there.

Well, mostly.

Once he was on the basement floor and not the stairs, he noticed that one direction was extremely unpleasant feeling. The overall air and aura that it had was ..... he'd probably say worse than where he grew up, if he was being honest. The rest though? It was a basement. A lowly lit one though.

Anya made her way to another door, not the one that had such an oppressive feeling, before opening it and smirking lightly. She was sure he'd appreciate the lighting of the room. She stepped inside, figuring he'd be following her, before turning to face him.

Only to find that he hadn't moved.

"Lindsay?" She asked, wondering what was going on.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 00:47:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay was still standing at the two doors. And he wasn't moving. Which was to say, his feet weren't moving. He was standing still, shaking slightly, almost quivering, as he started to shrink in on himself slightly.

But when she spoke up, he almost jumped.

"Ah!" he exclaimed.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he protested, hunching down into an almost-kneeling position, and hugging his legs.

"I'm not a bad boy. I'm nice. I'm good. No punishment. Please." he said in a meek, pathetic tone.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 00:50:44 )

Anya froze, not entirely sure what to make of this. This was... most certainly not what she had expected. Sure, Lindsay wasn't one that would be a doormat to walk over, but he wasn't like this, from what she'd seen so far.

"... Lindsay?" She asked, not sure if she would get a response. When he didn't respond, she just made her way over and sat down, her legs crossed, in front of him. She did this mostly so they were eye level.

"Hey... Lindsay. You're ok." She said, her voice calm, almost like a mother would have when speaking to her own child.

"You've done nothing wrong. You're ok. What can I do to help?" She asked, honestly curious, and rather concerned.

Was Ashley like this too? What was the trigger?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 01:12:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay almost jumped again when she spoke to him, and he looked ready to just fall to the ground and curl up into a fetal position. She saw tears forming in his eyes, as he shivered and shook.

"Forgive me, Mistress!" escaped from his lips as an exclamation, before he then paused, looked around slightly, and then looked at Anya.

"O-oh..." he stammered.

"This... this isn't the lab." he told himself.

"I'm not back there. I'm not back at the lab." he said to himself further, before taking a few breaths.

"S-sorry." he then apologised to Anya, his voice a little more level now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 01:17:46 )

Anya didn't say anything, just took his hand as a means of attempting to give him some comfort. She was silent until he actually managed to say what he did at the end.

"Don't apologise Lindsay." She said, her voice soft.

"I didn't know that coming down here would be an issue. Do you want to just head back upstairs? we can find something else to do, to occupy your time until Ashley wakes, if you'd prefer." She then said.

"I don't want to cause you undue stress."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 01:41:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay shook his head vigorously.

"N-no! No, it's fine!" he insisted, before pausing.

"Really. Really, I... the fact that I know I'm not in the lab, with Mistress, is enough." he told her. "I just... had some bad memories triggered by this." he explained to her further.

"That's all." he said.

"Mistress is not here. She can't hurt me or my brother." he told himself.

"That's enough for me."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 01:49:23 )

".... You do realise that I have some questions for you now, right?" Anya asked after a moment or two, not entirely sure how he'd feel about it. She wanted to make sure that he was aware of that. However, when he nodded, Anya just smiled softly.

"I... I will answer your questions as best I can." Lindsay answered, his voice was a bit quiet, but it was nothing extreme.

"Thank you. Now, for now.... are you all right?" She asked, concern to her voice.

"If you need to take some time, we can wait. If you are good, then please, take this spider and head into that room with the open door." She added as she held the spider in question out.

"It'll be something I think you really will like."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 02:11:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I am all right." Lindsay responded. "For now, anyway." he added, as he accepted the spider, holding it in the palm of his hand. He then looked over towards the open door, and nodded.

"Okay." he said.

With that, he slowly got up, and made his way into the room.

Once he was inside, the spider leaped off of his hand disappeared into the darkness... mere seconds before a copious amount of webbing that was strewn about the ceiling ignited in flames... but curiously didn't burn away.

And when the room was perfectly and fully alight... he noticed musical instruments. And a LOT of them. Drums, violins, guitars, flutes, clarinets, everything.

"...wooooooah..." he said quietly, in sheer awe.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 02:15:08 )

Anya followed him into the room.

"I've been on the surface for much longer than I look to have been." She commented as she stepped up to some of the drums, tapping them lightly.

"Would you like to learn anything?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I am well versed in all of these instruments, and if there is any that you might wish to learn to play.... I can most certainly help with that." She said.

"I mean, I am not perfect, not by any stretch. However, I am quite good, I'd like to say."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 02:33:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay, ignoring the 'surface' comment for now, wandered around the room, looking at everything, taking in all the instruments... before stopping where the violins were carefully set.

He found himself drawn to them, looking them up and down, back and forth, until his eyes rested on one specific one.

It was a gorgeous reddish-dark wood, crafted exquisitely, and looked as good as the day it was made.

And it looked to be just his size as well.

"...wow..." he said quietly.

"This looks... really nice." he commented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.