Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 02:42:00 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Anya just chuckled lightly as she approached and grabbed her favourite one, it was black with spiderwebs all over it that seemed to be bioluminescently glowing. She quickly grabbed a bow along with it, and played a quick little tune, showcasing just how well she could use it.

"The violin has a gorgeous sound, and one of the first that I learned how to play." She commented with a chuckle.

"Go ahead, grab it and the accompanying bow, if you want to learn it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 03:14:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Lindsay was almost mesmerised by Anya's playing, but when she spoke, he snapped back to reality, nodded, and carefully took hold of the violin that he'd been eyeing, as well as the bow.

He then looked around... and at the ceiling.

"...fascinating..." he said.

"Those webs... they're on fire... but they're not burning." he commented.

"They look like they could go forever."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 03:16:26 )

"They need to be refreshed regularly. Every month or so." Anya told him honestly.

"I have a very few specimens of that species." She continued. "They're very territorial, but they agreed to not be quite as bad as in the wild, so long as I keep my other spiders largely out of the basement."

"There are a few of them down here, along with others that they DO get along with, but it's largely their domain." She paused amoment.

"Aside from the other door down here. Also, do not go in there. It's... not a good time for you, if you do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 03:36:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay was silent once more. He had taken in everything Anya had said, and had taken it to heart... however, he could not deny that her last statement had made him extremely curious. But he also knew that curiosity often exacted a hefty told if acted upon... so he decided to do things the safe way. By asking.

"...why?" he asked. "What's in there?" he asked her.

"I'm guessing more spiders?" he inquired.

"...and I'm guessing it has something to do with why I felt a sense of danger and foreboding coming from behind it...?" he then asked further.

She could tell he was NOT about to go in there. He was going to heed her warning. But it still raised questions in his mind. Questions he wanted answers to.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 03:43:36 )

Anya sighed.

"It's.... well, yes. There are more spiders, far more threatening ones, in there." She told him honestly.

"But there's also a rift in the room, that leads straight to the infernal realm." She added. There was no way for her to know how he would take this, but she knew that she had to, at least, tell him. Regardless of what it was that he would take, after all.

"Beyond that, I rarely go in there due to not needing to, but I do have need sometimes. And no, that rift is one way. unless I open it." She then said, figuring that he might have concerns about that.

"So that's not a worry."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 04:04:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...wow..." Lindsay mumbled.

"A rift to the infernal realm?" he asked her. "I heard Mistress talking about the infernal realm and celestial realm before." he said. "...mostly stating she was above them..." he went on.

"But you have a way to the infernal realm here?" he asked, thinking about it.

He then looked like he was going to ask something further, but then stopped himself.

"Anyway, are we heading back upstairs now?" he asked, instead.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 04:12:34 )

"You've made your choice?" Anya asked in response. When Lindsay nodded, she just smiled.

"Then yes, let's return upstairs." She answered.

On the way up, she made sure to lock the door again, since she didn't want someone to get out of there that may have made their way through, but also didn't want the boys getting down there if they were hanging around and possibly getting into trouble.

"Go ahead and ask your questions, Lindsay." She commented as they returned to the front room.

"I know that you wanted to ask more. Your questions will not offend me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 04:34:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay paused for a moment when he heard that, and seemed to become a little withdrawn again.

"O-oh, it's... it's nothing." he said.

"Lindsay, you can ask me anything." Anya told him sincerely. "I won't be offended, and if I don't want to answer, then I'll tell you as such." she assured him further, which seemed to cause him to calm down once more.

"You... have a rift to the infernal realm." he commented.

"Why?" he asked her. "And HOW?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 04:42:27 )

Anya just laughed lightly.

"Why and how?" She asked in response before removing the choker she had, with a large silver spider pendant, and handed it over to him. He was hesitant for a moment before accepting the choker. Almost instantly Anya could see the mental strain, turmoil, that Lindsay was going through. His hand closed around the spider, tightly, without his control as he got a feel for it.

It didn't take long, only a few seconds before Anya encased his hand in hers, hoping to have him loosen his grasp so she could retrieve her choker. She could see that it was possibly problematic, and she didn't want to overload him, as she was sure it would, or was.

But this brought about questions about who he was. Combine that with his comment of 'mistress' earlier.....

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 05:03:53 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She saw... something... in his eyes. He looked like he was locked in a mental nightmare, even though he was still awake. Then... as she gently clasped his hand with hers, she saw a brief moment of sheer... abject... terror. Horror. It seemed like, for a fraction of a second, he was reliving a very traumatic past... and it was intense enough, that it seemed like this would cause him to withdraw into himself completely and utterly. Indefinitely.

However, as soon as that came, it was gone, just as instantly. And she saw a look of serenity and calmness overcome him, as his grip on the choker loosened, and he dropped the item into her own hand.

He then looked at her confusedly and concernedly.

"You've had... an eventful past..." he said.

"To understate it." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 05:13:58 )

Anya put the choker on again before sighing.

"I have." She agreed with a nod.

"But yes. I am a demon." She told him honestly. "One of high ranking as well." She added.

".... Does that matter?" She asked, her voice curious. She really hoped it didn't matter to him, as she didn't want to have that be enough reason for them to take off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 05:33:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"A... demon?" Lindsay asked.

"I... wow. That's really cool." he told her with a smile.

"But... what was that feeling at the end of all that?" he asked. "It was like you showed up to save me... wearing... all white, and you had really soft wings." he said further.

"What was THAT about?" he asked her.

"It was like you were an... angel of sorts."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 05:36:05 )

"That's because I was." anya told him honestly, which just net an extremely confused and surprised expression on his face.

"Wait... that... that can happen?" Lindsay asked after a moment or two.

"Yep. I fell, and not by choice." Anya added with a shrug.

"My name when I was an angel, was Anael." She added after a moment. "Ended up falling, and my pendant was forged from the remnants of my halo."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 05:55:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...this world is so amazing." was all Lindsay responded with. "So much to know... so much to learn..." he went in, as he seemed to be seriously thinking about his past now.

"...so much I was shielded from..." he mumbled quietly.

"Are you... sad?" he then asked.

"You were an angel... now you're a demon. Does that make you feel bad or angry or sad or anything?" he asked her.

"Because you seem really okay with your life right now." he commented at the end.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 05:58:51 )

"I was quite irate originally." Anya admitted.

"However, it's be a very, very very long time since I fell." She continued with a light sigh.

"I've grown past it. Sure, there's still some disappointment that I did fall, but I am ok with it." She assured him.

"Still in contacct with one of my angelic brothers, for that matter." Was the last thing she said with a laugh. "If you hang 'round, you might get a chance to meet him, if you'd like."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 06:27:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay seemed to brighten up when he heard that.

"Really??" he asked excitedly.

"Really." Anya confirmed with another laugh. "Maybe." she stressed.

"That would be wonderful!" Lindsay responded, before pausing.

"...maybe." he then said, sounding more subdued now.

"Maybe?" Anya asked.

"...I don't know how angels take to freaks..." Lindsay admitted quietly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 06:34:14 )

Anya was silent for a moment before sighing.

"You know that I have questions about who you are, right?" She asked him. "Who the 'mistress' you referred to before was, is, and why you reacted as you did downstairs." She paused here, knowing that he might like a chance to say something. However, she wasn't going to pause for long.

"And I know that there might be things you do not wish to tell me." She added after a moment or two.

"So, I have one question, and I would appreciate an answer." She started, sighing lightly, acquiring a soft expression.

"... why do you consider yourself a freak?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 07:03:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Lindsay was silent for another moment, looking away some.

"I..." he stammered.

"I'm not... I don't... know what I am." he told her.

"I was... a human." he then said. "And... and they took a phoenix... and took some of the stuff that makes a phoenix and phoenix... and forcefully combined it with the stuff that makes me, ME." he explained.

"So... I'm not a human. I'm not a phoenix." he said.

"I'm an oddity. An outcast. A freak."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 07:05:16 )

"No. You're not a freak.' Anya told him honestly.

"What do you mean?" Lindsay asked, honestly having no idea how she could possibly not consider him a freak.

"You are you, and what you are is unique." She told him.

"Both you and your mousey brother." She added with a light laugh. She thought both of them were rather cute, if she was to be honest.

"However, you're not freaks."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/30 07:26:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...that's the first time I've ever heard something like that." Lindsay admitted.

"Mistress always kept saying we had no place in the world." he told her. "That we were lucky she saw us fit to even keep there with her. That the outside world would want to destroy us." he continued.

Anya just sighed heavily.

"Are you comfortable telling me who the one you refer to as 'Mistress' is?" she asked.

Lindsay nodded slowly, before looking around, almost nervously, as though he were checking to see if something... or someONE... was there. He then gestured for her to come closer, which she did, and he leaned close, too.

"...her name is Vanessa Encrae." he whispered.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.