Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 07:05:18 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Mana?" Anya asked.

"Huh. I suppose it would count as mana." She commented, thinking about it. She'd never really put any thought into it herself, as it had never really come up. She just knew that those with stronger mana fell harder when her webbing was in play.

"If you want to find out what it is, as I'm not entirely sure how to describe or explain it, look for glittery webbing." She told him.

"Just be warned. If you touch it, you might have a change of mind. Depends on your mana, if I'm honest." She added. Lindsay took to it well, and had even done it willingly. All she was trying to do was inform him of it, so that he knew knew what it was that was around the location.

Ashley, on the other hand, she was sure would not take it well, at all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 07:28:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ashley froze when he heard that.

"Wh-what...?" he stammered, backing up.

"So... so it's mind control." he said.

"It's... mani... maninip... manip..." he stuttered further, before shaking his head.

"It's like that dark elf." he stated.

"Lindsay, snap out of it!" he then pleaded to his brother.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 07:31:46 )

"To some." Anya confirmed with a nod.

"However, Lindsay still has all his mental faculties." She told him honestly, granted she realised that he likely wouldn't take this well. She wouldn't hide it though, couldn't.

She knew that there was something that would not be worth keeping hidden if they were to stay around, if Ashley were to.

"Here." She said, taking her choker off again and setting it atop the counter near her.

"Take my pendant. If you are anything like your brother... you'll hopefulyl realise that I'm not one to fear." She then said before glancing over to Lindsay.

"If he does, you'll likely need to help him as I did you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 07:51:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay just nodded in response, as Ashley approached the choker.

"This... is this a trick?" he asked, before shaking his head.

"Why do I ask." he grumbled, before, seemingly by instinct... or maybe sheer curiosity... grabbing the choker.

And, much like Lindsay, he went through something VERY similar. To the point where Lindsay had to coax/force the choker out of his hands, and set it back on the counter, as Ashley staggered back.

"Wh.... what...? That..." he stammered.

"For real?" he asked Anya.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 08:01:47 )

"Completely real." Anya confirmed with a nod as she turned back to where he was.

"That pendant is forged from what one could argue is a piece of whatever counts as my soul. Or at least the closest to said thing." She told him honestly, her tone almost nonchalant, but serious. It was underneath everything else, barely there, butit was there.

"Now, I did have Lindsay's help a little bit ago." She continued, motioning over toward the table where there were a couple of decent sized packs leaning against the legs of the table.

"We put together packs for you two." She stated.

"That way, when you leave, you are at the very least not leaving with nothing. You have will have clothing, a tent, bedding for within the tent, along with some food and money." She told him.

"As I do know you do not want to stay. This is the best I could to to help. If you can think of anything else, please let me know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 08:26:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Ashley was silent again as he looked at the packs.

"...I see." he said.

"Thank you." he told her, before going to a chair and sitting down in it.

"I want to stay here." Lindsay told him. "But I don't want to be separated from my brother even more." he went on. "So... so when you're ready, we'll both go." he told him further.

"Yeah... when I'm ready." Ashley confirmed.

"When I feel 100% certain I am ready to go, we'll go." he stated.

"When do you think that'll be?" Lindsay inquired.

"...probably not for... a VERY long time..." Ashley mumbled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 10:18:39 )

Anya just smiled softly.

"You're welcome to leave whenever that time comes." She commented, her voice neutral, but inviting.

"All I ask is that you let me know. Please don't just vanish one day without saying goodbye." She added.

"Is that agreeable?" She asked, looking over to where Ash had taken a seat. She felt it was a simple, easy, request, and she truly hoped that he could agree with that. She also hoped that she could give them at least a decent life. She was sure it would be better than what they had lived through thus far, but she still had no idea how he would take it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 22:07:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley was silent, before just nodded.

"Yeah... yeah, sure..." he said.

"So what should we do with the packs?" Lindsay asked.

"I have no idea." Ashley admitted.

"Though if there's food in them, take it out before it spoils." he then suggested... which told Lindsay and Anya that, at the very VERY least, he was in no absolute hurry to leave any longer.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 22:13:22 )

"Of course." Anya answered with a nod.

"You two can take them up to what will be your rooms. Eat them at your leisure and all that." She added with a light shrug.

"Because, honestly? I'm not worried about it." She told him.

"However, Ashley? You are right, that should be done quickly." She agreed with a nod. "Let's eat first. This is just about done."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 22:46:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley nodded in response, before pausing.

"Oh... moving my head hurts..." he mumbled.

"Ashley... are you all right?" Lindsay then asked. "You seemed... off... when we were arguing in the water." he told him. "And it's not like you to have slipped so easily." he went on.

"..." Ashley was silent for a moment, before looking away.

"I'm fine..." he answered quietly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 22:55:20 )

Anya was silent as the boys had their exchange. She didn't know what to make of it, but she also wasn't too worried about it. However, she did plan on asking him about it.

Possibly after they ate though, as she suspected he would feel better at that point than he did then.

"Now, who wants to eat?" She asked, her voice curious as she started dishing out some stew for the boys, and herself.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 23:25:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I do!" Lindsay responded enthusiastically.

"I do, as well." Ashley said.

"...and yes, that does smell really good." he admitted again, getting to his feet, and making his way towards where Anya was, with Lindsay helping him a little. Once they were there, he looked at her.

"I didn't know you had bear meat here." he commented.

"It goes bad surprisingly quickly.

[b]...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 23:27:10 )

"It does." Anya agreed with a nod as she set a bowl down on the counter.

"However, I have a closet filled with mana for preservational purposes." She told him, after setting the second down with the first.

"Either of you want more? Less? More meat? More vegetables? Or are the bowls good as is?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I packed it with meat, so hopefully it'll be meaty enough for you boys."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 23:47:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boys looked at their portions, and then looked at her.

"Good for me!" Lindsay said.

"I like mine as well." Ashley confirmed.

Anya could tell that Ashley was still hiding something though, but Lindsay was oblivious to it. Right now, anyway. However, he also seemed like he wanted to say something, but was holding back.

"Sorry about slipping." he apologised.

"It's okay. You're all right now, and it wasn't your fault." Lindsay insisted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/31 23:54:42 )

"There's more if you want it." Anya said with a soft smile as they all made their way to the table to eat.

Later that night, Anya was looking between the pair before sighing.

"Ashley, let me know when you're feeling better, will you?" She asked.

"For now, though, I'll show you both to where you're sleeping." She added as she grabbed the packs that hadn't been taken up yet.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 00:42:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley paused for a moment, and then nodded very slowly. Deliberately.

"Yeah..." he said.

Lindsay then yawned. Rather loudly.

"I could fall asleep right away." he said, causing Ashley to smile a little.

"Yeah, been a bit since we had a real comfy bed." he admitted.

"Maybe turning in early wouldn't be such a bad idea."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 00:47:21 )

Anya nodded.

"Of course." She said after a moment or two.

"Let's go." She added as she got to her feet.

"Let's get you two to bed." They grabbed the packs as she said that, and she led them upstairs.

"Ashley, you can stay in the room you woke in." She said before motioning to a door across the hall.

"Lindsay, you can sleep in there." She said.

"I know they're both small, I'm sorry." She said after a moment or two.

"This is a relatively small house. I do hope that they do you two well. We can most definitely look into moving to a better house shortly, if you two want more space."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 01:09:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"This is more than enough." Lindsay told her. "The fact that they're actual rooms, with actual beds, and actual pillows, and actual-" he started to say further, before Ashley interrupted.

"I think she gets it." he said.

"Oh. Right." Lindsay responded.

"I think I'm going to just go to bed, then." he told them. "I am feeling very full and tired." he commented.

"Where do YOU sleep?" Ashley asked Anya.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 01:15:09 )

Anya was silent for a moment before sighing and chuckling lightly.

"I don't." She answered.

"I'm a demon. I have no need for sleep." She added. It wasn't entirely true, she would just slee downstairs for now. Hopefully they would believe her though, as she didn't think he'd take too kindly to what it was that was the truth.

Ashley was in her room. Lindsay helped clear out the other one and set it up for someone to sleep in. Ashley had been placed in her room as it was theonly one available when the pair had returned.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/1 01:36:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley looked like he was convinced of that, but Anya knew Lindsay was intelligent. He would be smart enough to pick up on perhaps the little holes in her logic... but thankfully, it seemed like he was too tired to think about it too much, and he took it at face value.

"Makes sense." he said. "Good night." he told them.

"Sleep well." Anya replied with a smile and a light chuckle.

"Night." Ashley told him, as his brother disappeared into the room, shutting the door behind him. Ashley then looked to be thinking about something, as though he were confused.

"...why does this place even HAVE bedrooms then?" he asked. "If you don't sleep... why even have a room that even IS a bedroom?" he asked her. "Why not make it something else?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.