Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 02:37:28 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Hmmm." She paused to think about her supplies as they reached the room she was in, the kitchen.

"I think I have what I need to make some." She told him.

"Either of you ever done anything in the kitchen before?" She asked.

"If you want to help out, then that'd be grand. Otherwise, please, just go take a seat and rest. I wouldn't be surrpsied if both of you need, or desperately want, to do that." She said, her voice was ... surprisingly calm and welcoming. As she spoke, she made her way over to a cupboard and started to dig around, collecting everything she needed.

"Also, I'm near a pond, if either of you might wish to wash up. Along with that, as soon as you leave the house, your glamours will return."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 03:42:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

The redhead was the one to speak up first.

"I've done some stuff in... uh... well, I've prepared food." he told her. "I mean... well, I've never really been in a kitchen before." he admitted. "But... I've separated bad stuff from good parts of food on decently clean surfaces, so... if that counts, then, yeah. I have." he said further.

"...I'm going to go to the pond." the blonde told them.

"I feel kinda... gross and itchy." he said.

Normally that would be cause for concern, as it could mean there were parasites on his skin, but... from what the woman could tell, the boy's bodies were very inhospitable to external parasites. Plus, he was filthy. Much like his brother. And odds are all the dirt and grime that covered him was causing him to itch like he was.

"Yeah." the redhead then said.

"I might do the same in a bit." he commented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 03:47:11 )

She nodded.

"You do that. Let me grab you something to dry off with though." she said after a moment or two.

"Just give me a moment." She didn't say anything else before vanishing into another room, leaving the twins alone for a few seconds, close to a minute, before she returned. When she did, she had a couple of towels with her.

"Here." She said, handing them to the one who wanted to go bathe first.

"Go wash up, if that's what you wish." she said. "I, or your brother, will come get you when food is ready if you haven't returned by then, all right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 04:13:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boy accepted the towels and nodded in response.

"Okay then." he said. With that, he made his way to the back door that the place had, and stepped outside. As his brother watched him do so, he saw the plumage and markings disappear, as the glamour disguise activated once more.

"...wow..." he mumbled.

He then looked at the woman, and seemed a little awkward now.

"I..." he stammered.

"This... this is a really nice place." he told her.

"Seems like it would be very comfortable and warm and such." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 04:25:33 )

"It really is." She agreed with a nod.

"I like it warm." She added.

"Now, shall we get to work preparing food?" She asked, with a soft smile. The boy honestly looked hoppeful at the prospect. It had been so long since he'd had anything substantial, as him and his brother were surviving (barely) on scraps.

They set to work, her companion for this helping with all of it, and doing so quite well. Especially when she couldn't get the fire started to cook upon. He stepped up and calmly lit it with a black flame, something that she'd encountered before, that she knew what it meant, but also something she wasn't going to ask about.

There was no need to bring i tup for the moment, anyhow. She'd let them tell her on their own. She didn't even have their names, for that matter.

"Now, I can finish up. Do you want to go get your brother?" She asked.

"Out the back door and just walk into the woods for a few minutes, follow the path, and you'll come to where I'm sure he still is rather quickly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 04:55:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He nodded in response.

"Yeah, sure." he responded. He then made his way out the back door, and the woman saw his rodent-like features disappear with the glamour reinstating itself. He walked forward, rather briskly, until he saw the lake, with his brother still in it.

"Hey." he said. "Time to eat. Food's ready and it smells amazing." he told him further.

"Oh! Okay then." the blonde responded, climbing out of the water and drying himself off. As he did so, his brother saw JUST how much better he looked, now that he wasn't filthy-dirty, and he figured he'd do the same later.

The one that had been bathing changed into his clothes, and the two made their way back towards the home, stepping through the back door again, with the blonde sniffing the air enthusiastically.

"It smells SO good in here..." he said dreamily.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 04:58:31 )

The woman just laughed lightly, friendly like.

"Talk to your brother. He's really good in the kitchen when he puts his mind to it." She commented as she finished setting everything required on the table.

"Come. Come sit, eat, and enjoy the food." She said simply.

"And you can ask me any questions you might have, as well. I'm sure you have some." She added.

"And you, would I right in guessing you'll be going to clean up after eating as well?" She asked the redheaded boy.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 05:45:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The one she posed the question to nodded in response.

"Yeah." he said. "I will." he told her.

With that, the three then sat at the table, and started to eat... though the woman noticed that the boys were practically inhaling the food, as well as the biscuits that she put with the pottage. They eagerly finished their first bowls, and went for seconds, before the blonde stopped. And thought about something.

"Ah. My name is Lindsay." he introduced himself.

The redhead then paused, realising that they had not given their names, before looking at the woman.

"And I'm Ashley." he said, telling her his own name.

The two then went back to filling their bowls once more.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 06:05:49 )

She just chuckled lightly.

"Good to know." She answered with a soft smile.

"I am Anya." She told them honestly.

"And I do hope you can taste it while you inhale it." She then said with a light laugh.

".... how long has it been since you last had anything substantial to eat?" She then asked, her voice serious, curious, concerned. She had an idea, but she wasn't sure. Along with that, she did use some of her spiders to add to the meal, get some meat on their bones to help them survive if they chose to not stick around. No way for her to know what was going to come, and she wanted to give them their best chance of survival if they left. At least for a bit, anyway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 07:02:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boys paused for a moment, looking at each other.

"Can you... define 'substantial'?" Lindsay asked.

"I mean, the meal filled your bellies and left you feeling satisfied, satiating your hunger completely." Anya responded. "A meal that left you feeling full and happy." she added.

"....3 weeks ago?" Ash then responded.

"Yeah, something like that." he said. 'We found a pile of stale bread behind a baker's, and we ate it all until we were full. Didn't even have much green on it!" he stated proudly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 07:20:59 )

Anya just sighed, heavily.

"No wonder you two are skin and bones." She commented.

"You're both seriously underfed." She continued, lightly pushing the dish with what was left toward them.

"Eat up. I made plenty, as you can see." She stated. "Unless yuo plan to hang around? I will fill your bellies regularly." She added with a light laugh. She realised, completely, that there was a good chance that they wouldn't be hanging around.

At the same time, she also noticed that Ashley was starting to look a little paler, the more time went on, and as if he had a headache but was trying to hide it. Not that she was going to bring attention to it, as she was reasonably certain he'd ignore her, or deny it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 07:50:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay looked to be about to say something, but Ash then spoke up.

"Oh, we won't be inconveniencing you any more." he stated, as Lindsay looked at him, almost shocked. He started to say something more, but Ash quickly interjected and interrupted. "We'll leave after I clean myself up as well." he said further.

He then pushed away from the table, and looked at Anya.

"I... hm. I suppose I should get towels as well." he then said.

"Or I can just use the ones that Lindsay did." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 07:58:16 )

Anya was silent for a moment, seemingly stunned by that statement of their depature coming up as quickly as it was.

"oh, right. Of course." She said, rising from her seat.

"I'll grab the towels for you." She then said with a soft smile before heading off. She wasn't going to make him use the same as Lindsay had, if only just because of the fact that she wanted to make sure that they had reason to stay, as she found herself truly hoping they would.

She returned just as quickly, again, before handing the towels to Ashley.

"You remember where you're going, right?" She asked.

"Of course." Ashley answered.

"Good. Go do as you feel you need to. I'm sure you will feel impossibly better once you clean up."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 08:08:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley just nodded in response, and left without saying another word, while Lindsay seemed to be just as stunned as Anya was. He was silent for about 5 seconds, before looking at her.

"...I'm sorry." he apologised.

"He doesn't mean to be rude." he told her. "He... he just has trouble trusting people." he said. "He's not used to people just... being nice to us like this." he went on.

"...for what it's worth, I was about to ask if it was truly all right if we stayed." he then admitted.

"But... but I don't want to be separated from my brother..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 08:11:02 )

Anya was silent before taking her seat again.

"I was serious. You two are welcome here." She told him honestly.

"Considering how I would put money down.... neither of you have anywhere to go... this could be a place to call home." She continued.

"If either of you wish, of course. I completely understand you not wanting to be away from your brother though, I don't think I would want to be either, if I were in your position." She admitted, sighing lightly.

"I will pack some food for you to take with you though, hopefully it will help. Along with some clothing, so that what you have doesn't get extremely worn down too quickly." It wasn't hard to tell that she was disappointed that they were going to be leaving, but she was supporting them in the only way that she knew how she could; but supplying them with a means to survive.

"And you two are welcome back here at any point, if you ever find yourself in a spot of trouble."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 08:16:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She could tell that Lindsay genuinely felt bad about this. He didn't want them to be rude, especially to a person that was seemingly just being nice to them. And he didn't want to leave, either. She could tell that the thought of them having a home. A real home. Somewhere safe and warm, that they could always be at, and feel safe from the elements and the outside world... it was heaven for him.

But Ashley had just shut that down right away. Seemingly without a second thought.

It had seemed like Ashley had adapted to the mindset of a street urchin a little TOO much. To the point where it was a detriment to himself and Lindsay. And Lindsay was clearly in a mental battle between his instinct to survive... and his loyalty to his brother.

"...you're so nice, Miss Anya." he said, his voice quavering a little.

"One of the nicest adults I've ever met..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 08:21:13 )

Anya nodded.

"I can't say I'm surprised." She admitted. Her tone didn't denote anything other than slight disappointment thatthey were leaving, but he could tell that she just wished the best for him.

"Your brother seems to be.... rather stubborn, if I were to be putting it lightly. Stupid, if I were to be blunt." She said with a sigh. "He's giving up a good chance to live, a chance to not be an urchin on the street, to not have to forage for scraps, to actually have a home, food, and someone who cares." She continued.

"I can tell you don't want to leave, Lindsay." She then said, smiling softly.

"Go, try talking to him. If he honestly cares about you, he'll likely listen to your side of this. Even if he disagrees and you two DO end up leaving, I'm sure he'd at least listen to what you have to say about this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 08:34:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...you're right." Lindsay responded.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." he then repeated, though his tone was now a little more confident and assertive. "I AM going to talk to him, and see if I can't change his mind." he declared. "It's high time I made my opinion and wants known to him." he then said.

"I know he's just looking out for me, he always has... but maybe... maybe this time... he DOESN'T know what's best for us." he finished, before looking right at her once again.

"I'll be back after talking with him." he told her, before excusing himself and leaving to head for where Ashley had gone.

And he was gone for... a bit. A half-hour, at least. Which meant that the talk was probably going on for a while, and odds were good that they were having an argument about staying or going.

However, Anya really didn't have much more time to ponder it, as she heard Lindsay's voice calling out to her.

"Miss Anya! Help! Help, Miss Anya!" he yelled. This, obviously, immediately got her attention, and she rushed to the back door to see a rather frightening sight.

Lindsay, soaking wet, was carrying his naked, unconscious, and also soaking wet brother on his back... but Ashley was bleeding from his head. At a rather alarming rate.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 09:39:33 )

Anya hadn't been doing much at all when she heard Lindsay calling out for help. The interruption wasn't a problem, the reason for it was.

When she saw Lindsay was carrying his unconscious and bleeding brother on his back, she let out a string of curses under her breath in Russian before directing him to take his brother inside. She followed, grabbing some cloths and such on the way, and had him take Ashley upstairs and to an empty bedroom.

"Lay him down." She said. Lindsay could hear the concern to her voice, and could see it in her movements as well as she took a seat next to the boy and started to check the wound.

"What happened?" She asked as she did so, and started to clean up some of the blood. She knew that the bedding would be stained with blood from this, along with waht she was using to clean it up, but she didn't find herself caring too terribly much at this point. It was more important that she took care of him, and made sure that he survived.

It wouldn't do well to have a child die before he had a chance to live, after all.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/29 18:54:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Lindsay watched Anya tend to Ashley, and was on the verge of having a panic attack and a nervous breakdown at the same time, but when Anya asked her question, he was able to focus for a brief moment. At least to recant the tale.

"Well... well, I went down to the water to talk to Ashley, and I saw him swimming around and he looked like he was having fun and in a good mood, so I thought that this would go well." he told her. "And when I talked to him, he told me we would probably be leaving town at some point, but then I said that maybe we could stay and visit you more, but then he said that too many people know about us being thieves and we needed to go." he went on. "So then I replied with maybe we could actually live here and be with someone that cares about us and can take care of us, which was when he got really angry, saying that we've been surviving this far already, we can keep doing it." he continued.

"And that's when I said that we were slowly withering away, and I was scared how long we would last, and then he yelled at me, saying that if I loved you so much over him, then I should just stay here and he'll continue proving that he doesn't need anyone, but then I responded that because we're family we need to stick together and that it was okay for us to rely on the kindness of others sometimes, but that seemed to make him even angrier, and he started to move towards me like he was going to hit me, but he then slipped on something and fell into the water." he told her further.

"After a few seconds, he floated to the surface of the water, face down, and the water around him was turning red, so I panicked and jumped in, pulled him out of the water and brought him back here." he finished.

As he spoke, his words were getting quicker and quicker, his voice was quavering more and more, and by the end, he sounded like he was ready to burst into tears.

"I don't want to lose him." he said. "I don't want the last thing we talked about to have been an argument..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.