Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2021 ┤▒├ Anniversary Event hang out

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 15:02:15 )

Good morning

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 15:16:02 )
good morning AMA. How are you today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 15:18:25 )

I'm alright. Need coffee.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 15:20:03 )
coffee is usually a good thing to have in the morning :3

*clink*

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 15:21:38 )

Very much so

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 15:33:20 )
Did you have a late night last night? Sleep ok? Doggo wanted more lurves?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 15:38:34 )

Nah, my shoulder hurting kept me awake.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 15:39:35 )
... ok... and the obvious question - what did you do to your shoulder?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 16:21:25 )
@Wildfire: That is what they're trying to figure out, though it sounds like the suspicions mostly are hyperthyroidism

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 16:47:08 )
@TeaTales: And if so, usual protocol (at least here) is to do an iodine/radioactive test to better check the gland for cancer, etc., so that makes sense. Good luck with the test. Although I'm on the other side of the thyroid spectrum, please feel free to talk to me about this - I've been dealing with it for a long time.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 19:58:38 )

@Wildfire: I don't know what old means. lmao
        I think one of my oldest celebrity crushes is in his late 70's.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 20:13:57 )
@Wildfire: yeah thats what I will go trough the 28th... at waay too erly in the morning( liek i have to get up 2 hours before getting there cause the walk up the kiler hill is definitly going to be a killer... checking at 9 am at hospital,.. I think... the map they gave me dont show entrance C )

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/7 22:16:25 )

My dad would tell me to go get a switch from outside. If I came back with one that would hurt less. He'd get a different one and use that.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 08:12:37 )
Wildfire:
@TeaTales: And if so, usual protocol (at least here) is to do an iodine/radioactive test to better check the gland for cancer, etc., so that makes sense. Good luck with the test. Although I'm on the other side of the thyroid spectrum, please feel free to talk to me about this - I've been dealing with it for a long time.

Was wondering if you also had to have taken a bunch of bloodsamples 2 weeks before the check-up of the thyroid? Do you remember if you have to be fastening before the tests..? kind of forgot to ask my doctor if she knew and the hospital dont have an call here for questions' part

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 13:05:44 )
@Anarchist Beauty: lol... I don't either, tbh! ... but I'm older than you are :3 :P

@Kory: I got spanked as a kid... with hands, a belt, wooden spoons on occasion...
@Another Movie Addict: Oh ouch! That's really old school!

@TeaTales: Yes, that's normal - the blood tests are to check your thyroid hormonal levels: TSH, T3, T4, antibody levels (in case it's autoimmune), and they're probably running a complete metabolic panel (CMP) on you too if I had to guess. They're trying to see how your body is reacting to the thyroid and how some of your other systems may or may not be playing a role. This is a completely new diagnosis for you, isn't it?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 15:34:16 )
@Wildfire: Yes, it very much is. Just got to the hospital directly from my doctor a week ago, because y doctor suspected a stroke in my legs or lungs cause my feet has been super swollen up the last months time and i suddenly get more out of breath when walking which usually isnt an issue for m at all though gaining weight always has

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 16:06:56 )
@TeaTales: swollen extremities can be a symptom of thyroidism. As is brain fog, which I know you've complained about before. Weight issues are a common symptom - for hyperthyroidism it's usually losing weight/not able to gain weight (hypothyroidism is usually the opposite). Muscle weakness and aches, sleep issues, fatigue, "having a frog in your throat" feeling, inability to focus or remember things, body temperature regulation issues, changes in hair or skin, eye issues - puffy or dry eyes, usually- ... etc. The list goes on... can all be symptoms of thyroid issues.

A simple blood test can get some basic readings and help determine if your hormonal levels are out of whack. A physical exam of your throat is usually done and yes, the radiation test to get a good look at what's going on inside the gland. Treatments usually include monitoring thyroid hormone levels (blood tests) and drugs to help control thyroid function. Some doctors still seem to want to remove the thyroid (in part, or in whole) in more cases than is absolutely necessary, but I'd advise against that if possible (although I'm not a doctor; I have been dealing with thyroid issues a long time and have a lot of friends who have thyroid issues as well. I can elaborate on this suggestion if you'd like)

THIS and THIS are links to thyroid info that should help you start understanding what's going on and what it means. There's a lot of information available on thyroid issues on both of these sites. :3 Also, if you're really feeling brain-fog, bring a trusted and intelligent friend or family member with you to the appointment(s) to help you remember what the doctor says and help you process it all, and to advocate for you if necessary... or at least a notepad and take notes! I have had some doctor appointments when I was so symptomatic I couldn't remember anything that was discussed or even have an intelligent conversation with the doctor... and that sucks.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 16:39:43 )

Hello everyone! I need to post here more.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 16:43:31 )
@Purpsy: Hi Purpsy. How are you today? What's going on? Did you go for a walk?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/8 16:47:32 )

@Wildfire: Nah, not today most likely. My uterus decided to go against me today -_-
Is not that bad yet I'm afraid it may go worse later like usual.

But I'm doing alright despite that, how are you today?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.