Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Camp Half-Blood

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 03:12:06 )

Yes! Omg, someone else who's read some books I like. lol
      I was recommended them by one of my high school's teacher and I loved them!
      And that's funny!
      A David for everyone. lol

I have not. o:

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 03:15:26 )
Well I my case it was a good thing I didn’t end up with David.

You know I also have never met anyone who has read them either. I tried once to get my bestie too but she wouldn’t.

Oh it’s a good series and it involves like traveling to different worlds.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 03:33:35 )

How dare he besmirch the good name of David. lmao

Ugh, a tragedy!
      They're so good!

Ooh, I do love world hopping.
      Closest thing I have to world hopping is The Mortal Instruments series from Cassandra Clare.
      And Rick Riordan's stuff. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 13:33:19 )
I agree with you on your first two points.

I had read part of the mortal instruments books but so many started coming out that I’m way behind. I need to read more of Ricks story’s. I only ever finished the Percy books.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 20:12:09 )

Same here.
      I'd read the first 3 Mortal Instruments books a couple of times and then more came and I was like ?!?!?!?!
      But now I have all six and I've read them all and it's good. lol

And you should totally read more of Rick's stuff!
      All of his books are so good.
      I literally read almost everything he has to offer for the mythology stuff.
      Percy Jackson and the Olympian, Heroes of Olympus, The Kane Chronicles, Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, and the Trials of Apollo.
      Plus a couple little short stories that mix Percy and the Kane's.
      There's a few other things I need to get but I've read a lot. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/28 22:34:28 )
Did you also read the prequel to the Mortal books. I think that's what got to be what caused me to pick them up but never have time to read them.

I've heard is other books are great, when I first read the Percy's books, they were all leant to me by my friends younger sister. So that's why I was able to read it all. But then I fell out of buying books, college really had left no free time for reading, and I guess that I could start again. But I think I'd want to reread percy first.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/28 22:45:21 )

I have not. I have Clockwork Angel, but I haven't touched it. lmao
      I also have Lady Midnight, the first of the sequel series and I haven't touched that either.
      I'm a terrible reader. XD

And for buying books use thriftbooks.com
      I've saved SO much money with that site.
      It's used books, but they're in really good shape.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/28 22:51:56 )
Well I think I read maybe the first one years ago. My current fad for reading has been historical fiction around tudor england. Or audio books.

Oh, you shouldn't have told me about that. I shop at use book stores and always leave with dozens of books. But def going to keep that site in mind.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 00:23:54 )

I'm a big fantasy reader. Haha.
      I like other styles, but fantasy and stuff will always be my jam.

And do it!
      Thriftbooks has literally saved me hundreds of dollars on books.
      I've been using the site for like seven or eight years now.
      Not a single complaint.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 00:30:14 )
Oh I love fantasy books, but lately I've been on a history kick. Must be because I am a history major. But I like stuff based in half fiction as well. Less dull that way.

Next paycheck, I think I'll be getting a bunch of books. Muwahahaha!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 02:07:58 )

History is fun.
      When I was younger I had entertained the idea of becoming a history teacher, and I would have been a fun one. lol
      But then life stepped on me and I've yet to recover...

ALL THE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!1
      lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 02:10:39 )
Well I wanted to be a history teacher, but then I remb how much I hated how I was made fun of in school, and so I just got the history degree.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 02:14:47 )

Yeah, school was rough.
      I'd rather not subject myself to that shit again. lol
      Plus, I don't like kids and as a teacher it would be frowned on to tell your high school students to shut the fuck up. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 02:22:04 )
That's very true. Well also like some school force you to pass kids even if they school fail. Many middles schools won't fail kids. Also like, all the standards testing I feel has ruin schools.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 02:41:16 )

Yeah, that I would have a hard time doing, too.
      I couldn't pass a kid when I know full well they didn't do the work or learn anything.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 02:44:30 )
Sadly that's just how some schools are. Then it makes highschool a real shock, when they finally start failing kids.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 02:57:19 )

For sure.
      I knew a few people who failed right on out of high school.
      Quite a shock to them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 03:59:18 )
Yeah, I actually am a good case of some of that. I had a lot of family trouble in middle school, and I gave up on doing school work in a lot of classes. Like I learned what I needed to do, but since no one made me do my homework, I failed a few core classes. I should have been failed, and I wasn't. So in highschool, i failed by freshman year, but a half credit. For me it was a wake up call, and so next year of school, i was on honor role and mangled to graduate the year I was suppose to. But it was a shock.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 05:56:14 )

Yeah, I failed my first semester of my senior English class.
      I was terrified to not graduate, but thank god we have one of them 'remedial' classes or whatever, so iI could make it up.
      It stole one of my elective spots, but oh well.
      I graduated. xD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 18:39:47 )
@Anarchist Beauty: It's inexplicably easy for me to jump head first into any kind of hiatus XD

*sweats at hiatus in own irl friend messaging group purely because I keep getting distracted and forgetting*

And thanks, I took a while to make this avi but I'm happy with it

Speaking of Zeus, I remember actually watching a small series on Netflix recently, it was just one season, called the Blood of Zeus with demigod kid as the main character and actually for most of the plot, show was painting Hera as the villain since she was actively trying to get revenge against Zeus for betraying her once again

So, Hera did actually get to kind of stab Zeus in the show
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.