Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Camp Half-Blood

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 22:09:14 )

Oh for sure for sure.
      Like if you want to control all parties in a story, write just that: a story.
      And RP is not a story, it's a collaboration and you have to accept that.
      I had a problem with that in the early days of my RP Group, too.
      Because I have a character who is very, very abrasive and she's got a LOT of trauma and shit so she is definitely not a wholesome and well rounded character, and my partners couldn't seem to grasp that.
      Like I had reasons for everything she did and eventually instead of being able to reveal her story bit by bit, I had to tell my group everything.
      I explained to them what happened to her and why she was the way she was.
      I was like, I promise I'm not just making her a bitch to make her a bitch, she's got her reasons it's got it's purpose.
      So after that, her character was more understood and we had less problems.

But it brought a problem forward of people thinking me and my characters are one, like her actions were my actions and her thinking was my thinking.
      And it's like.... You really need to learn to separate the player from the character.
      My character attacking yours is not an attack from me to you, my characters thoughts are not my thoughts.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 15:34:45 )
I wake up from *looks at days* I cant call this a hiatus coz its barely been a week but hewwo

I read back a little and the electric shocks thing reminds me of a single reason winter dislikes me

I have no idea why but there's like, three specific months of the year when it starts transitioning from winter to summer that metal has it out for me and I don't know why it's only then

Me wearing gloves in the middle of winter not because my hands are cold but because I fear metal XD
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 19:56:47 )

@Aesyn: A mini hiatus!

Also I like your avi.
      Very 'vampire taunting the man who once tried to kill them' vibes.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 22:06:54 )
I wonder when a mini hiatus becomes a full blown one. Not that it's particularly important.

And I definitely agree with those vibes, now that you mention it. It sort of reminds me of that movie with Viggo Mortensen, The Prophecy. The divine characters were so aloof.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 00:42:18 )

I think a mini hiatus is anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks.
      After 2 weeks, that's full blown hiatus status.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 00:47:34 )
@Ava: But as an kid of Apollo. Aren't like all his lovers really unlucky? If I recall the myths right. Then again, my da be Zeus, and well yea........h.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 00:50:10 )

I'm pretty sure the majority of Apollo's lovers go rekt.
      Like Apollo is the Sam Winchester of Olympus.
      All his exes are dead. lmao

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 00:54:32 )
Maybe it's the curse of having Zeus as your dad. Maybe Hera getting her revenge for Apollo birth through rekting the love life?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 00:57:08 )

It probably is the curse of having Zeus as a father.
      I mean, the rest of his kids are screwed, and even his demigod kids are!
      He literally tried to kill Thalia and several other people in PJO!
      Thalia literally had to swear eternal service to Artemis to avoid her father literally killing her.
      And don't even get me started on Jason Grace or Apollo in the Trials of Apollo.
      Zeus is a prick, Hera should totally stab him.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 01:00:09 )
I don't disagree. Hera for sure is owned some justice. Like, jeez, someone needs to reevalute his lustful ways. Like badly. Like you want to have tons of lovers, go ahead, but make sure everyone is cool with it first. Don't pretend to be some woman's husband. Who do you think you are, Uther Pendragon?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 01:35:08 )

That's the shit that gets me.
      Like, do the gods not believe in divorce?
      Zeus and Hera, Aphrodite and Hephaestus...
      Ain't nobody happy, and yet ain't nobody filing irreconcilable differences.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 01:40:55 )
Well I hear, it might be something about the order of the world. Though don't tell me Dad, but he's the maker of
most of those marriages you mention and he ain't one to admit he's wrong.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 01:46:32 )

That does explain it.
      Zeus thinks he's above mistakes, yet everything he does is one. lmao

I shouldn't complain though, it makes for a good joke for me.
      My friends and I in high school assigned ourselves as the gods and I got Hera, while my very gay best friend got Zeus; because we were the 'leaders' of the group.
      So I call him my gay husband and he calls me his lesbian wife. xD
      (*For the record, I am bi/pan but that's not as funny a joke. lmao)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 01:48:41 )
In high school, I would have said my favorite god/goddess was Nemesis.
Though me and my friends assigned ourselves characters from the
Circle of Magic books. Have you heard of those?

Hmm, I need to work on having a set posting format, but lazy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 01:51:00 )

I have not heard of those!
      Do tell me about them.

I love post formats. lol
      I like adding a little flare to things.
      I usually change it up with every new avi design. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 02:03:58 )
I use to have tons of posting formats on another site, but I lost them all. I want one, but I am lazy.

So the Circle of Magic books are written by Tamora Pierce. Going to quote wiki here. "Circle of Magic is a quartet of fantasy novels by Tamora Pierce, set in Emelan, a fictional realm in a pseudo-medieval and renaissance era. It revolves around four young mages, each specializing in a different kind of magic, as they learn to control their extraordinary and strong powers and put them to use. It is followed by another quartet, The Circle Opens, which takes place four years later, and the standalone book The Will of the Empress, which takes place several years after that."

Basically, it starts with being about four young mages. Each one has their own talent, you have Tris the weather mage, Sandy the thread mage, Briar the plant mage and Daja she's a fire/metal mage. There are other characters, but the first four set of books follows their stories.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 02:18:00 )

Oooh, that sounds super interesting!
      I think I'll check that out.
      As if I need more freaking books. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 02:22:47 )
Well I think it's worth it. Make sure if you do, start with the Circle of Magic Quartet. Then it goes the Circle Opens, and a couple more books after. I've always really enjoy her books. So if you read any of them by her, I highly recommend it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 02:25:33 )

Sounds good, I shall add it to my list.

In return, I offer you one of my favorite series: Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
      If you haven't already read them, I highly recommend it. ^-^
      There's 3 main books of the series, and then an additional bonus one that takes place a little while after the end of the 3rd book.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 02:29:20 )
I own every book of the series. So when I was a wee freshmen in high school, my librarian recommended them to be. So I read the whole series and then bought them. It's actually funny, when I was a freshmen, the boy I swore I was in love with, aka crush, name was David.

Have you ever read the pendragon book series?
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.