Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Camp Half-Blood

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 05:00:02 )

@Ava: I do love the imperfectness of the deities in polytheistic religions and such.
      I never could get my head around the Christians idea of God being perfect and all knowing and a single deity in control of everything.
      It just never fit to me.

And for sure.
      He only loses the Worst Dad Award to his own father, Kronos, who ate his kids.

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 17:56:41 )
You sure about that? Kronos' Dad Ouranos shoved them back in to their mother Gaia...
@Anarchist Beauty:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 20:01:26 )

@Klo Tklarau: Valid point.
      There is nothing but terrible fathers raising other terrible fathers.

Voltie — He/ him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 20:52:56 )
Let me give you a basic timeline:
Ouranos: shover
Kronos: eater
Zeus: really, do I need to say anything?
Herakles: murderer
You are sooo right.

@Anarchist Beauty:
I am evil. You are evil.
We're all evil.

Ping me. I don't bite.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 20:59:46 )

@Klo Tklarau: On the other end of the spectrum....
      ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* MURDER FAMILY *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
      XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 21:34:21 )

@Ava: That is definitely a new take on things.
      I'm more of a 'whatever you believe, that's your truth' kind of person.
      Like, nothing is real. Everything is real. You get to pick and choose what you want, what you believe.
      I'm not into theological debates or trying to prove someone wrong or right or whatever.
      Like it's all fake, what makes it real is your belief.
      That's what faith is.
      Your faith is not right or wrong, my faith is not right or wrong.
      It just... Is.
      Y'know?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 21:50:58 )

@Ava: Same.
      I will gladly and happily discuss our beliefs, but if at any single point you try to shove yours on me, or tell me mine are wrong or backwards or I'm going to your religions Bad Place, we're done.
      I'm in this for the opportunity to learn, to see how other people live their lives, to see how they treat their religion and their faith.
      I'm not here to tell you that you're wrong, that your beliefs are wrong or stupid or whatever.
      I'm here to be excited as you tell me your things!
      I love when people are genuinely happy and thrilled by their beliefs and their faith.
      Like yes! This is what it's about!
      Be happy! Be free! Love your shit! Let other people love their shit!
      It's costs $0 to just stay in your lane.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 23:06:13 )

Personally I have a pretty bad history with "Christianity" after spending my adolescence in an evangelical more-or-less Baptist church (being told my stepdad's abuse was my own fault was just one highlight!) so I am especially bothered by Christians that want to help me "find Jesus" or whatever. Like I've heard it all, I've read the Bible (more than once), and I'm still happily agnostic thankyouverymuch lol. Believe what you wanna believe, that's fine with me as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else and you aren't trying to force it on me or anyone else. :)

I once saw a doctor, and literally our first meeting, he asks me if I believed in god. When I, unimpressed, said no, he smiled and told me that I "will someday."

I never went back. I think I complained to my insurance too (they sent me to him).

Like Anarchist said, it costs $0 to stay in your lane lmao! That's a great phrase that I've really got to remember.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 23:19:49 )

@Ava: THANK-YOU!
      Like OH MY GOD.
      Do you KNOW how many religions there are?
      Not a single damn one of them is the Right One.
      It's all made up!
      That's like arguing over whether Marvel or DC is the TRUE superhero franchise.
      Like?!?!?!
      They both exist! They're both there!
      Just pick what you like and goooo.

@CooperationIsKey: BRO THEY DID WHAT???
      They blamed YOU for getting abused??????
      Drop they location.... I just wanna talk.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 00:03:00 )

@Ava: My stepdad made me read the bible twice through as a teenager, and I read it partially on my own in my 20s as well. Ironically I think reading it is a big part of why I don't believe it! 😅

@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah, I think that was the beginning of the end of my relationship with religion in general. 🙃 (I grew up in rural Texas, so very religious, conservative, and fairly backwards.) Like I enjoy learning about religions and such I just am agnostic at best in my own beliefs. (though I believe in ghosts, so there's that? 🤣)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 00:17:58 )

@CooperationIsKey: Oh god, Texas.
      You poor soul.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 00:41:19 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah, kinda speaks for itself doesn't it? XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 00:53:53 )

@CooperationIsKey: Oh it do, it do.
      Nightmare state.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 02:07:21 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Like it's beautiful and has some cool history and stuff, but politically? It's pretty awful, yeah. I wouldn't want to live there again. The only reason I'd even consider going back is because my mom and my brother are there--and they're both trying to leave!

@Ava: The bigger cities are pretty okay; I hear Austin is great for example. But yeah, the city I spent my adolescence and early adulthood in was pretty... crappy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 02:33:53 )

My step-sister is in Texas right now, and where she is doesn't seem to bad; according to her.
      But I'd never live there.
      No thank-you. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 02:55:29 )

Snow is evil, I want nothing to do with it. lmao
      It's all pretty in pictures and on tv but IRL?
      UGH
      If I ever have to dig a car out of snow or a shovel a sidewalk again, I will die. lmao

I like it here in Cali, but I also hate it, too.
      I'd like to live somewhere cheaper, cos it's really pricey in Cali man.
      My other thing is, if I did move... I don't want to live red places.
      Cali is a blue state, I like blue.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 03:06:49 )

Ugh, yeah.
      I get bored and I poke around on Zillow just to see what I can see, and good GOD is everything cheaper everywhere else.
      Like I found a 10 bedroom 8 bathroom two story mansion on like 2 acres of land in Oklahoma.... $800k.
      Bro, $800k in Cali don't get you half that house on 1/10th that property size.
      It's insanity.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 03:38:32 )

I used to live in South Pasadena and I adored it there, but it's definitely expensive in California and I had to move when my roommate/best friend passed away because I couldn't afford to keep the apartment. And after bouncing around with some friends a bit I ended up in Florida with my dad for a while, and now live with an old friend of my mom's. I sure didn't plan on living in Florida but here I am. I can't afford to move, either; it's getting expensive fast here, too.

But yeah, Pasadena's a cool area, I miss it a lot.

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 04:04:15 )

Oh you live in Expensiveville!
      You're crazy, crazy. XD
      I live a couple hours North of there.
      Small town, cheaper than average but also - you know - in the middle of nowhere.

Florida is another Hell state.
      The sun there is especially prick-ish. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 07:01:29 )

I like my middle of nowhere, too.
      I just wish my particular BFE location had less druggies. lmao

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.