Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Camp Half-Blood

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 18:43:12 )

@Aesyn: I used to be like that, too.
      I still have my moments where it's just like... Talking to people takes too much energy.
      And I disappear for a time. lol

Honestly, I'm pretty much on Hera's side though.
      Like I think she shouldn't take her rage out on the demigod kids and stuff, but when you can't really attack your own husband... Screwing over all his kids just looks like the best option.
      A woman can only deal with so much.
      I think she should just say 'fuck it' and become the greatest hoe the world has ever known, but I also don't think it would be great if the goddess of marriage suddenly threw away her commitment. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 20:36:42 )
I think the goddess of marriage, should be offered a better marriage. Hera deserve better, 2021.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 20:38:35 )

#DivorceIsAnOption #JusticeForHera #ZeusAintShit

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 21:01:20 )
Exactly.

Ya know, years ago I was in a group roleplay with friends, and I made a character, it was supernatural themed, that was born in ancient Greece, slept with a guy, and then hera cursed him to be a vampire. It was my favorite vampire creation myth.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 23:37:44 )

That sounds like an amazing vampire creation myth.
      I love fun twists on things.
      Like tbh, I know a lot of people hate the Twilight vampires because they sparkle but COME ON!
      Is that not the COOLEST shit?!
      Like they SPARKLE!
      No turning to ash, no dying in the sun; just looking like they had a crafting accident.
      I love it.
      I literally made myself a Twilight vampire OC just cos I thought that was amazing. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 23:48:02 )
Man, I'm have tempted to go pull his character bio so you could read it. In this, there was also "normal" vamps, so while he was one of the eldest vamps, they wouldn't let him on the council because he wasn't the right kind.

I had a twilight oc as well. She was a twist of them, where she was part human and part vamp. Basically the idea was an old style ritual, that gave a human minor vamp things, but she'd have to feed off a vampire, and the vampire would use her as an enteral food source. Took some liberties with the source material and add some stuff from buffy, aka the vamp blood thing/

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 23:58:36 )

YES MULTIPLE VAMPIRE TYPES
      Oh I love the expanse of that idea!
      What a vast world it would be!

Hybrid stuff sounds cool.
      Mine is just a solid Twilight based vamp oc. lol
      I think the only difference I made was making their vampy smell less overpowering, because she owns a farm.
      So she's gotta be able to be around animals and stuff, and in the books all animals freaked out near the vampires.
      But aside from that, it's mostly canon stuff.
      I even gave her a Gift. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 00:05:31 )
Yeah, if the greek gods could make monsters, and curse people into animals, why not make vampires.

Oh I gave my girl a gift to, but I pulled and Alice and she had it before the change. I always love making up interesting lore for characters and such.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 00:15:32 )

I like it. I'd believe they could do something like that.
      They have the power to grant immortality and the like.
      Why not that kind of immortality, too?
      10/10

Yeah, Vivian (the Twilight OC) was pretty good at persuading people when she was human, so I made that her gift.
      I'm still working out all the kinks to it, though.
      I don't want, like, total control - like Kilgrave from Jessica Jones - bc obviously that steps into a god-mod territory for an RP, but I don't want it to be something weak and powerless.
      I just have to figure out what the happy medium is.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 00:21:01 )
See now, I need a story that someone writes where the gods do just that.

Well don't worry, your character can't be more of a marysue than the OG Bella.
The author was smart to write her so blank, Twilight in the sense, in my mind,
is legit the first published self interest fanfic. It's not, but I still feel like it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 00:38:33 )

Also one where they gave someone just ordinary immortality, but then one of the other gods got pissed at them for something so they cursed that immortal to require blood to survive.
      Boom, vampire.

Bella really is just a Mary Sue self insert.
      It's wild, but it's true.
      But hey you know what, fuck it.
      If I had the chance to do the same, I can't deny that I wouldn't try it. lol
      I'd just make sure it was a better written story.
      Besides, all my characters have some basis in who I am or what I want. xD
      Especially all my OC's who can sing.
      I really wish I could sing and I can't, so I just make OC's that can.
      I live through them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 00:49:14 )
Oh that would be a really clever way. Like bam, Zeus give his lover immortality and Hera goes, B you thought though.

Oh I think we all do that in some part with our ocs.

But ya know, I say this as someone who is friends with people from Forks.
You'd hope as a writer you might visit the place once if you are gonna publish
a book on the area and not just google everything about the town.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 01:48:30 )

That is fabulous.
      Zeus is like 'this is too good to let die' and makes his lover immortal.
      Then Hera is like 'oh? Oh you wanna play dirty? Alright cool. Watch this' and cursed them to only crave and be sustained by blood.

Oooh boy, you know people from Forks?
      That's fun, I bet they hate it now. XD
      What's the place like IRL?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 02:35:44 )

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 02:41:27 )
So the person I know from Forks told me all horror stories.

At their hospital they have a parking spot reserved for the Dr. There was a museum I think that had Bella's truck parked outside it.

The mayor of the town, went to the owners of the oldest house in town and asked them if they could put a sign in their yard, that said home of bella swan, and led them to having people all hours of the day at their house and knocking on their doors to like tour it. Also ever menu had a twilight related thing. Unsure if that still happens, but it did like 11 years ago. That what I recall.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 02:50:52 )

Oh my god.
      That sounds like Hell.
      I bet it had been a really nice town before Smeyer ruined those poor peoples lives.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 02:53:13 )
Basically, the girl I knew was not happy. Like she said that she watch some interview were people tried to ask her questions about Forks, and she couldn't answer them, because she had never visited there.

Can you believe Twilight spawned 50 shades?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 03:35:59 )

I can not.
      Because there is absolutely nothing more out of character than the thought of Edward being a Dom.
      LMAO
      That boy is the bottomiest of bottoms and the subbiest of subs.
      Christian Grey is actually Bella.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 03:45:04 )
Omfg, girl I am dead. I never read those books, but yeah I agree Bella is the one in charge. M

But still it was legit twilight fanfic that she changed to make her own characters.

Makes me wonder how many more stories are like that, but the writer don’t admit it.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/31 03:53:39 )

I will never read 50 Shades.
      I read one random page, and it was absolute garbage.
      I read GOOD smut. lmao

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.