Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat "So what's your favorite..."

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 20:01:27 )

Anyone else find these kinds of questions impossible to answer?

Twice in the past few weeks (and plenty of times before), someone has asked me "What kind of music do you like" and I'm just like... idk, the kind that sounds good? If I were to try answering that question, we'd be here all day! Then, scrambling for a way to keep the small talk going, they sometimes try to narrow it down by asking if I have a favorite band. "No, not really." And that's around when they tend to give up lmao. I guess I could have tried harder to be conversational; I could have said "I like things from most genres, but I somewhat favor metal", but that just gets us to the "So what's your favorite band" question all over again. :^P And let's not even get started on subgenres...

The avatar theme being "Your favorite color" got me thinking about this, as I realized I don't have a favorite color. I have a long list of favorites that are in constant flux, just like with pretty much everything else.

I can't really imagine liking just one that much more than every other one. Whether it's food, music, colors, animals, whatever... Is it really so rare to not have a limited number of preferences or to be unable to pick a singular favorite anything?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 20:04:29 )
I feel that way about some things, but other things I'm like, no it's definitely this one.

That being said I half expect several "rainbow" entries considering the crew around here haha.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 20:17:45 )

I'd bet money on getting rainbow entries lol

Trying to think of if there's anything where I actually do have a definite, singular favorite... but I don't think there is. o_o

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 20:54:13 )
i hate the music questions :( they're so hard. I *could* tell you everything that I like, but by then it's over-sharing. or I could just be like... nonchalant and like "yeah, I like a lot of everything really" but I feel like that always ends the conversation.

thankfully I do have a favorite band. however, I also have like a million other second favorites.

and the color thing is hard too. I don't really have a certain color I like. it's more of how the colors interact with other colors that I love. and even then, it also comes to the situation in which those colors are used and the seasons and the time of day and my mood... it's too fluid.

there's too many cool things out there to limit yourself to just one.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 21:04:57 )

Shark:
there's too many cool things out there to limit yourself to just one.

exactly.
and same with the colors; I don't think there's any color I dislike on its own, but how they're used/the surrounding context can make a difference in how good they look.

It always kinda weirds me out when I hear some people only listen to one kind of music. Like.. how do you not get bored?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 02:46:41 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I had this too for awhile, for some things i have an answer like my favorite animal is a dog.
However music is hard, because somedays i preffer x and others days y. However this year spotify told me i mainly listen to alternative rock and indie... and... they arent wrong lol.

What i also do sometimes is a ask a friend what they asociate with me lol

I do have 2 favorite colors, bc 1 i think the color is pleasent and 2 i think the way we (humans) view it is really cool. And due to having Gender dysphoria i only tell 1 of them :'^)
My favorite colors are green and pink, out of all colors green is the one we can see the most shades and variation in due to evolution! And pink? idk? its like, you cant simply make pink with paint. Sure you can add white to red but you want get that barbie color it will just be a toned down, dull looking pink.
But i think most colors are great! I had alot of color theory in school and just knowing how each color can impact a person, the changes in culture, and just meaning over time?

I have no idea when i started having favorites in things, but i do know why i started having it
Just like labeling myself as trans, it gives me a clarity on who i am and when i tell somebody it i get a clear reaction (wich as an authistic person is better then getting a confusing answer lol)

Annyway, Alot of the things i call my favorite i honestly dont think alot about. Its just when i do daily stuff i start noticing ill have a prefrence towards a thing so ill asume its my favorite, but if that changes tomorow i wont be upset hehe

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 04:12:03 )
Favorites can change too! Ask me tomorrow and I may give you a different answer.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 06:15:06 )
@count trashula:where music is concerned I have a favourite type of music .. if someone asks my favourite song I can't just say one lol.. food .. I have lots of favourite foods... same as animals I love all animals.. but I can say my favourite colour is blue .. I even named my daughter a "blue" name and she's definitely my favourite xD

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/15 07:26:45 )
With colours its easy to me.... iam a metalhead always wearing black but my absolute fave colour is rosé, Not pink!!! Just rosé like strawberry milk
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 06:19:21 )
it's never easy to answer anything in my case because i don't get attached to anything that easily, i guess? i don't have many favorite things basically.

like if you asked me "what's your favorite color?" i choose yellow as a default even though all the colors are fine and dandy in their own way. for music, it's all of them, and everything else is gonna receive a vague answer because i'm constantly changing and switching aesthetics and whatnot.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 07:10:14 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
I like so many things, but some are easier than others to answer. As far as music, hard. I like everything. But, my favorite artists of each genre becomes a bit easier. As far as colors, i love pink and black and thats always been easy haha. Movies? yeah no cannot choose, even by genre (though i mostly only watch horror anyways). Idk, its easier for me if things get broken up into sections for me to talk about, but i can go on and on about all the things I love which can become kindve too much for people haha.

Something this reminded me of is how (at least ive seen with my generation) alot of us tried hard to fit into one category. Now, I see people-myself included- listening to death metal one moment and the next song on their playlist will be something like caramelldansen lmao. Idk, Im happy people are enjoying broad things now

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::

Please ping me!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 15:11:17 )
    i enjoy and like many things but i find it easier to choose a favourite out of a category i really love. i think it's cause i can think of things that reaffirm or remind me of my love for that category? i love books and my favourite books are 'the vet's daughter' by barbara comyns and 'lolly willowes, or the loving huntsman' by silvia townsend warner. i read so many books that none of them seemed special and nothing seemed original enough to startle me anymore, but then these books did, so that's what makes them special- they were special to me in a literal sea of stories i read.
    music is tough. because i accumulate loads of favourite songs over the years and what i want to hear depends on my mood.
    i have favourite dramas though, and i love pastel colours. i also love pastels with black and i'm drawn to pastel peach (orangey-pink) and turquoise (blue-green).

there's things i can't choose favourites from because while i enjoy them they don't have a big enough impact on me to become special over others, i think.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/17 15:39:23 )

I feel for you with the music.
Back then I used to stick to one genre and switch it up once in a while but now I listen to anything...
Is hard to pick favourites now because it constantly changes and that same goes with colours too.

I honestly have no clue what's my favourite colour anymore. It used to be pink and purple. I had a yellow and blue phase so in general I say pastel colours? xwx

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/17 20:11:38 )

I do have a favorite color, but I never know what to say when someone asks me about my favorite music or songs. If someone asks me something more specific like my favorite Kpop artists or something, then that's easier to answer, but picking just one song out of all of the songs that I like as my favorite is impossible.

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 05:40:21 )
There's something foul about the air here...

I struggle with the whole "what's your favourite..." but if someone asks me "what's your least favourite..." I will immediately start up a rant and keep going for hours

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 07:51:16 )
    @grost: oh yeah for sure. it's always clearer to me what i dislike than what i like. sometimes i get at what i like by eliminating what i dislike.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 08:03:17 )
My mind always draws a blank when people ask what my favorite film/band/show/whatever is. I definitely know that blue is my absolute favorite color, though. That might be the only thing I'm certain about in life.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:20:11 )

@grost: relatable tbh
sometimes "what don't you like" is easier to answer ;v;

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 20:39:12 )
Edit: I just realized I posted here already. I'm in desperate need of caffeine.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 14:09:44 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I have too many favorites of different things to ever really answer
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.