Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Tarot Parlour (PWYW)

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 13:05:55 )

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 13:09:25 )

I love reading tarot cards and collecting decks. I'd love to read for people here and couldn't think of a better subforum to put this thread in, so here it is.

You can ask your question in this thread and I'll reply to you in this thread with a picture of the card/s. But if you want to ask your question in private you can PM me and I'll reply also in PM. You can also just describe a situation and I'll pull you cards for clarity on it. And if you don't have a question you can ask for a general reading.

Usually, I'll pull cards one after another until I get the picture for your answer, but I sometimes do spreads depending on your question.

I'm offering readings for free, but if you want to tip me, you can tip me anything (volts/items/ohms/art/anything else you can think of).

The only topics I WON'T read on are death, ill-health, and the lottery. Any other kinds of questions are welcome. Feel free to post here or PM me if you'd like a reading.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 13:45:20 )

Decks to Choose From

You can choose one of the decks below for your reading. Click on the links to see sample images of the cards.
If you don't know which deck you'd like to choose, you can leave it up to me!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 14:08:54 )

OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
Feel free to post/chat!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 17:16:37 )

@whimsy: Oh hi there! Rune reader out here, I wish you a lot of energy and nice connection with people for who you read! 8D

I would like to pick a faerie deck and let me give you a question:

As I am a natural element driven person, I would like to know which of the elements compliment me the most - Water, Fire, Air or Earth? Maybe your cards will show another elements like Time, Light or Darkness? Thank you so much!

I'm driven into the air element a lot, but what would your tarot cards tell? Thank you!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 17:38:57 )

@Whimsy: Wow this is cool. I love the pixel art in the first post.

You can pick any deck, but my question is when will my anxiety levels go back down to my 'normal'? I feel they have been out of control lately.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 06:46:59 )

@Nephila: Thank you! The pixel art in the first post is by mutatedeye on instagram! The pixel art in the other posts is from tumblr pixel art drops/dividers. :valhappy: Thank you so much, I'm glad you like the set up!
@Edelaen: Runes are beautiful! It's wonderful that you work with Nordic magic. Thank you! I wish for you to have a great energy with your magical practices too!
For your question I cast the King of Swords:

This card says that sure enough, you're very compatible with the air element, and your work with this element is based on wisdom and control. You have learned a lot of old knowledge and wisdom that helps you respect, control and work with this element. It also says that part of how you work with air is to look at external authority (like the ancient practices you've learned and the wisdom you sought and received) to shape how you work with it. And you eventually want to embody this authority; to be the wisdom yourself.
I also asked the cards after this, how best you can work with your element. I cast The Fool and the Two of Pentacles:

These cards are telling you to be more spontaneous in your practice. Magic is as much about creativity and listening to your inner voice as it is about old knowledge. And now that you've amassed plenty of ancient wisdom, it's time to make your practice your own! When you experience moments of uncertainty in your magical practice, instead of looking to an authority for help (whether that's a book, or a mentor), rely on yourself. Innocence is a kind of wisdom too; and YOU are your source of magical power!
These cards also might indicate that you're facing some kind of choice with your magical practice. They're telling you not to overthink it, to go with your intuition and take a leap of faith.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 11:59:22 )

@whimsy: That's a wonderful reading, thank you so much!
That's exactly what it is, and that's the answer which I really wanted to get. As I can see, King of Swords has the meaning of "Wind Master" and "Father of Understanding". That tells me a lot. I'm so greedy for knowledge like Odin himself. Thank you dear, your telling is stunning.
I'm not good with tarot, because these cards doesn't recognize me at all. But you are a marvelous reader, I wish you to continue and be so talented further!
Norse magic also has it's clues and wonders, runes are fantastic (I carved my own, they are my babies :"D), but I really like to ask other people about their practises and tell me about the details, because it's very interesting to know something new.
And who knows, maybe I'll have to use it someday. So sad human beings live only about 80-100 years. It's so not enough to get to know everyhting, lol.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 13:58:38 )

@Totalanimefan: I used the Tarot of a Moon Garden for your question, and the cards I pulled are Ten of Swords, King of Pentacles and Three of Pentacles.

So from what I can tell, the Ten of Swords says you're experiencing anxiety and anguish because there's just way too much to deal with. You feel helpless and like you can't do anything about the things that are causing you anxiety.
The King of Pentacles says most of your anxiety is to do with money and/or resources. Either because you don't have financial security, or because someone else is controlling your resources and you don't have any of your own, and you feel helpless and at their mercy because of that.
The Three of Pentacles is saying that your anxiety will go back to normal when you're financially secure yourself and also have a financial support system to lean on. It could be people you collaborate with in your work, or some other group where you pool in resources for your collective safety. It could also mean collaborating with people to do more work and get paid more, or reaching out to others for help. It's telling you to build safety or support for yourself but without relying on yourself alone.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 15:56:32 )

@Whimsy: thank you so much. I’ll give you a tip. Do you have a wishlist or would you like volts?

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 16:38:29 )

@Totalanimefan: Thank you! If you have any feedback or questions about your reading/want to discuss it more, feel free to! My quest thread is not updated, but I'll be happy with pretty much anything

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 17:29:29 )

@Whimsy: Sure, I was going to ask if they have any readings besides money related? (the last two cards). I see what you are questing in your signature. I'll see if I have extras or you might just get volts lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 18:03:11 )

@Totalanimefan: Yes, they can be about having control in general. Not just control of money. It could be that you're feeling helpless but also only want to help yourself and aren't comfortable asking others for help. The King of Pentacles could also mean that you're struggling with conservativeness or tradition- or a person with those qualities.
Thank you so much for the scarecrow! *prances around* time to update my signature!
@Edelaen: You are so sweet. I'm squealing at your praise. Thank you, truly.
That's so cool that you carved your own runes! I'd love to see a picture of them, if you're comfortable sharing.
And I agree. It's amazing the wisdom we can get from other practitioners. And it helps to know you're not alone on your path and that others have left trails for you to follow when you feel lost.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 18:55:12 )

@Whimsy: Thank you. That helps. I do feel out of control. It's hard to feel in control with a raging pandemic lol.
Yay I'm glad you like it. Thanks again for the reading.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 19:01:39 )
Totalanimefan:

It's hard to feel in control with a raging pandemic lol.

Oh, I definitely feel that that's actually what made me dive into tarot more than before- the future felt like a blank wall and the uncertainty was unbearable for me. We know things can't keep going this way, but the tunnel goes so long that we can't really see the light at the end of it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 19:04:28 )

@Whimsy: I feel like we know what the light at the end of the tunnel looks like, we just don't know how long the tunnel stretches out for. Hopefully summer will be mostly normal, but not totally and then fall we will transition from Pandemic to getting used to another new normal. It's nice that you took up a new hobby to help you. I used Voltra a lot in 2020. It really helped me get through it. Animal Crossing helped too lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/19 19:07:21 )

@whimsy: Of course! Knowledge is always useful. The more you know, the more ordered your deeds are.
And no problem absolutely! I'm glad I made you happy.
Here are my

Made of the Pine Wood. Noble, Eternal and Evergreen.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 07:46:27 )

KDA Drew:
@Whimsy:
I’d like to get a reading! I choose Shadowscapes!
My current snapshot in life right now consists of financial problems. My question, or questions are:
1. There’s a truck for $700 my friend is selling that I’m considering buying, but I’m skeptical of buying such a cheap vehicle for possible problems. Would this be a smart financial purchase in the long run?
2. Are my financial issues going to be long term or short term?
3. Will my court date on April 1st, 2021 consist of good or bad news? As I have to face a penalty for something I’ve taken credit for, but did not necessarily do, as I did it to protect the one I love.

1. About the truck, the card I cast is Viselec, the Hanged Man. This card is telling you to wait, don't act now. This could mean that you'd better not buy the vehicle at all, or it could mean that you should buy it later when you're financially better off so it doesn't feel like a gamble. Wait and see. After some time passes you'll know which it is. One thing's for sure though, the card is telling you DON'T make the decision to buy it NOW.

2. For whether your financial problems will be long term or short term, I drew the Four of Pentacles. If you look at the picture of the card, you'll see it shows a dragon protecting his treasure, coiled around it and tightly holding on. This card is saying that your financial problems won't last forever. You will eventually be comfortably well off. But it's saying that when that time comes, even though you're financially comfortable, you'll be anxious about guarding that state. That's because of your experiences of financial troubles. You'll feel afraid of experiencing those again, and you'll want to protect your comfort by any means possible. It's only natural, but this card is telling you not to be so afraid of losing what you gained. Don't hold on so tight; it's not going to desert you. Enjoy your financial security instead of feeling anxious about possibly losing it.

3. About the court date, I cast the Eight of Swords. If you look at the card you'll see the swan is trapped by the swords and brambles. You should prepare yourself for bad news. But there's a hummingbird in the card who'll tell the swan how to navigate the brambles to freedom. Even though you'll receive bad news it won't be a situation you can't escape from. Even if it seems like you're trapped, you'll find a way out of it.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/20 17:27:05 )

@KDA Drew: Intuitively I'd say it does look like it'll be a shorter time than expected. That's always the thing about tarot readings, you don't always get what you want to hear but you do get what you need to hear. I'm glad they made sense to you! Thank you for the ADORABLE tip!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 08:36:46 )

@KDA Drew: Ooh, interesting. Crowley's tarot is Thoth-based, and that's basically another system of tarot (I read Rider-Waite-Smith based) so I'm totally unfamiliar with Thoth or how to read that particular deck. Those cards have beautiful art, though, and you're sure to find resources online to learn reading them. And it's wonderful that your copy is vintage too. Adds to the mystical quality, lol. I'm excited for you!
EDIT: I just looked it up and your deck is really valuable. I'm seeing listings for 1969 Thoth decks for over a thousand dollars on Etsy and Ebay. If your deck is in good condition with all the cards intact, you should find out whether your deck is a first edition and where it was printed. The price you can get for it depends partly on what edition it is. You can decide whether or not to sell it, and for how much, after getting more information about your particular deck. If you do decide to sell, make sure your cards don't smell of smoke and are out of reach of pets if you have any- people generally prefer to buy vintage goods from smoke and pet-free homes.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.