Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fixing the Future

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 06:41:47 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Lindsay..." Was all she said before sighing.

"Well, just let me out of here. Let's find what happened, how it happened, and fix this. This isn't you... and you know it." She added after a moment or two, knowing full well that it would do nothing. Her words likely didn't matter to him in the least, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to say anything at all.

She had to hope that maybe, just maybe, she'd be able to get through to him.

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 07:06:04 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

To her surprised, 'Lindsay' looked at her, and his eyes lit up, as he snapped his fingers.

"Splendid idea!" he declared.

"Yes, absolutely!" he said further, as she heard him hastily unlock her door and open it.

"Come, come!" he continued. "Let's see what the sentries did, and see if we can't fix those raiders!" he went on.

"Hurry, hurry!" he insisted, as he stepped out of the way.

"While they're still breathing." he told her, pausing. "Well... okay, while they're still probably alive." he clarified. "The sentries don't usually kill what they bring back... not on purpose, anyway."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 07:07:34 )

To say there was surprise would be one hell of an understatement. She got to her feet, carefully, not the steadiest, before making her way tot he door and out.

"Come on, let's just go sit somewhere to talk, or fight if that's what you feel the need to do." She commented as she lightly laid a hand on his hsoulder.

"This isn't you... we need to figure out what happened."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 07:33:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'Lindsay' just smirked a little, as they started to walk in the direction that would take them to where the sentries would be taking the raiders.

"Fight?" he asked.

"That is the farthest thing from my mind, dear cousin." he assured her, a subtle evil glint to his eyes that flew under her radar.

- - -

Hal just growled as he studied the security files that he had been sent... and it seemed to show that Kiah, herself, was the reason that the staff and guards had been found unconscious.

And he was NOT pleased.

That's when he heard his receptionist arguing with someone... that sounded a lot like Kiah.

He immediately got up and made his way to his office door, throwing it up.

"You!" he said to Kiah. "In here! Now!" he ordered her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 07:35:03 )

She made her way in with an eye roll and looked him from head to toe.

"The fuck do you want?" She asked. "I was looking for the lab. Want to see waht resources are here." She added, with a bit of a smirk to her face.

"I'm reasonably certain you'll still have really good ones." She added with a laugh.

"Care to point me in the right direction?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 07:57:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Kiah Ivey Remmington!" Hal snapped at her.

"You have a LOT to explain!" he told her.

"You cannot just attack a member of the medical staff and two security guards, and just amble off into the Unit!" he said further.

"You'd better have a good explanation for this." he went on.

"I don't care if we're family, or that you're the best damned lab tech I have in this place, you're not immune to consequences." he continued, sounding extremely unimpressed.

"So. What's your explanation?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 08:12:42 )

The one he'd addressed as Kiah just laughed. It didn't sound like her, either, at least not in essence. It was definitely her voice, but ... it just didn't sound right.

She stepped up to him, the three inches between them seeming to be extremely tiny at this point.

"You can most certainly try to boss me around, but I assure you, it won't go anywhere." She stated, promised.

"I know where you keep what you value." She continued before grinning.

"And I know that you have another there too. OH! That will REALLY help with my research with L!" She seemed almost giddy as she said that, realised that, too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 08:23:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Almost immediately, she felt an ominous and oppressive presence from him.

"...excuse me." he said.

"What did you just say?" he asked.

"Did you honestly just threaten me? And one of my oldest friends?" he asked her.

"..." he was then silent, narrowing his eyes.

"You know that if you did... then the full force of the Council will be upon you, and there WILL be a court martial." he warned her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 08:25:37 )

She just cocked her head to the side, grinning like a madwoman.

"Unless I got... then I could..." She was serously ocnsidering it.

"And research would be ... ohhhh man that would make it all so much easier!" She exclaimed as she turned from Hal and approached the door, not even seeming to notice the presence.

"Ohhhhh man oh man. I iwll have to remind L once I get back. Because DAMN that will help amazingly!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 08:45:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she approached the door, it slammed shut on its own.

"Not so fast." Hal said to her.

"Either you answer my questions, or you are going to be seriously regretting some of your recent choices." he warned her.

"Employee or not, friend or not, family or not, I will not hesitate to use force against a threat to the safety and wellbeing of those I care about, even if that threat is from someone ELSE I care about." he said further.

"Answer me, Kiah." he demanded.

"And your answer better be good."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 08:47:38 )

The one he was addressing just whirled around, snarling.

"Stop fucking calling me that. I have not gone by Kiah in generations, and the sooner people remember that, the better." She snapped.

"And what, you don't want to further scientific research? I thought you would want to do that." She added.

"Because that's exactly what I am aiming to do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 09:04:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ethics exist for a reason!" Hal snapped back.

"And what do you mean you haven't gone by Kiah in 'generations'?" he asked her.

"We've called you that ever since you started working her. That or Dr. Remmington." he went on. "And you've only been unconscious for a couple of days." he continued.

"...the hell HAPPENED to you while you were out?" he asked.

"Seriously. You're like a completely different person!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 09:07:13 )

"Out? Oh please, L didn't knock me out that long." She stated.

"And I mean what I said. Kiah? That's a name I haven't used in ages. Just shorten it to K." She then said with a grin.

"Tis what we did, to try and stay hidden." There was some glee to her face, her voice, and it was unnerving.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 09:24:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"L. Who is L!?" Hal demanded.

"And he knocked you out? How?" he asked further.

"You developed a sudden migraine while doing paperwork with Ilias, and passed out shortly after." he told her.

"What are you ON about?" he asked her, feeling some unease in the pit of his stomach.

He was ready to put the building on immediate emergency lockdown so that she couldn't escape from here. And he had the reflexes to initiate it instantly.

"You speak as though you're someone entirely different." he then said, reiterating it from last time.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 10:15:04 )

K just rolled her eyes, not entirely sure how anyone could not know these. Even if this was a dream, it still made sense, as they always knew what she knew.

"... All right, I'll oblige you for a few questions." She stated.

"Firstly, L is my cousin. Can't remember his actual name anymore, been too long." She told him honestly. "and we are doing research to further life, ande verything."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 22:47:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her explanation would have been fine, except for her tone, as well as everything she'd said before, made it sound ominous. It almost sounded like a ratonalisation for doing horrible things... or worse, a legit belief in it.

"Further life, and ever-..." Hal started to say, before shaking his head.

"Cousin?" he asked her.

"Wait... cousin... 'L'..." he went on, before pausing slightly.

"Are you talking about Lindsay?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 00:20:42 )

"Lindsay?" K asked before seeming to think about that, maybe a bit more than she actually should have.

".... oh yeah... that was his name, wasn't it?" She asked wit a laugh.

"Yes yes, it was!"

"Then yes. Lindsay. Whyyyy?" She dragged that out with a laugh, and a whine, almost as if she was a child who was being asked to do something by a parent. For some reason.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 00:40:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Hal was silent as he heard this, unsure as to how to properly react to this. This was completely NOT how Kiah acted, even when she was joking around or acting out-of-character. This was just something... different. Entirely.

"...was?" he asked.

"It... still is." he told her.

"He's not stopped going by that." he continued.

"I... think you need serious help." he then said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 00:44:45 )

K paused, seeming to think about that. She didn't say anything though.

"Well! Whatever." She said, her voice rather... bland.

"I've got work to do, and I can't do it here." There was a certain glee back to her voice that he really had never heard from Kiah before. Not even when she was honestly excited or giddy for something to work on.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 01:03:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You're not going anywhere until we figure this out." Hal told her, approaching.

"Says you!" K responded, deftly picking up a chair and chucking it at him. He managed to catch it, but by the time he'd done so, K had barged out of the room, and was on her way out.

Hal acted fast, and opened a hidden panel on his wall, pressing an orange button behind it. As soon as he did, an alarm blared over the P.A. system, with an automated message playing.

"THE BUILDING IS NOW UNDER STRICT LOCKDOWN. THERE WILL BE NO ENTRY OR EXIT UNTIL THE LOCKDOWN ENDS." it declared... and that meant mortal and mana. Nobody could get in or out, unless their mana superseded the mana used for the lockdown.

Hal then pressed a smaller button and spoke into the microphone there.

"Attention! Dr. Kiah Remmington is to be avoided at all costs!" he said. "If you see her, do not engage! Call security and inform them of her whereabouts. This is not a drill, I repeat, this is NOT a drill. Dr. Kiah Remmington is to be considered an S-level threat, and we will not exit lockdown until she is found and properly detained!" he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.