Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fixing the Future

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 01:08:26 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
K, meanwhile, had of course heard that, and just laughed. Itf someone heard it though, she wouldn't likely know it was Kiah's body that had caused that audio.

"Cat and mouse!" She called out, not seeming to realise that Hal couldn't hear her.

"How fun!" With that, she dashed off, knowing that this wouldn't be easy for her, but thoroughly enjoying the thrill of it.

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 01:29:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, as she dashed off and rounded a corner, she was met with one of the people that worked there. One that recognised her.

"Security!" they yelled, running off in a direction that she didn't come from.

A few seconds later, one of the guards arrived, pointing a gun-like object at her.

"Halt!" they declared.

"Stop where you are, Dr. Remmington!" they commanded.

"Get down on the floor! Now!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 01:35:28 )

K just laughed as they made their demands.

"Nope! No fun in that!" She exclaimed, maniacally.

"The thrill is in the chase after all!" She added before that same fog ro smoke from earlier started to spread from her as she just stood there, laughing.

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 01:53:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The guard readied themselves to fire on her, but the mist had already made its way to them, and they started to freeze up.

"S... SECTOR G!" they managed to yell out.

They were then silent and still, but she heard footsteps in the distance.

More were coming, but what would she do?

Stand her ground and try and freeze them all? Run some more? Try and hide?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 02:00:51 )

K just laughed before turning and running. She had no intention of making this easy. Plus she wasn't much of a fighter, she and L left that to the sentries. They just like to research. And study. Study everything.

She ran down the halls, snickering to herself and thoroughly enjoying this. She didn't know what was to come next, but also didn't really care. This was fun, and she didn't like when things were predictable or easy.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 02:20:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She had outrun the guards that were coming, and was taking every twist and turn she could find, but she stopped when she rounded another corner, and saw Zeke in her way. He didn't seem to have noticed her at first, but he quickly took notice within a second.

"Kiah!" he exclaimed.

"Stop!" he told her.

"What's going on!?" he asked.

"What have you done!? Why are we under lockdown because of you!?" he asked further.

He was wary, but mostly confused. And why did something inside her seem... unnervingly and alarmingly discordant?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 02:47:32 )

K froze before approaching him, quicker than he likely expected, and just kicked him, hard, in the knee, causing it to buckle, pain echoing throughout him.

As he hit the floor abruptly, she grabbed his hair.

"You summon security, and you might find yourself in a lot of trouble." She promised, snickering afterward.

"And what's going on? People don't like me. Obviously."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 03:10:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was in immense pain from that kick, but he knew now that Kiah was a threat. And he needed to do whatever it took to stop her.

"I see." he said.

"Well then..." he muttered, before throwing his body against her, slamming her into the closest wall.

"I have to stop you!" he told her.

"I don't know what's come over you, but for the safety of yourself, and everyone else, I have to!" he went on.

"Forgive me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 03:13:54 )

"Forgive you, for what?" K asked with a laugh.

"This is fun!" She exclaimed before smirking.

"Careful." She then said as her body temperature started to rise, fast.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 03:38:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke hadn't had a chance to respond, before he felt the heat coming off of her... and soon it was practically unbearable. He didn't even have a chance to let go, before he screamed out and pushed himself away, his clothes skinned, his skin burnt.

"Ah!" he exclaimed, hitting the floor.

"Damn it!" he cursed, as more footsteps could be heard.

Zeke then tried to get to his feet, but the damage to his knee, as well as the burn, made that VERY difficult.

Almost impossible.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 03:45:16 )

K just laughed, maniacally, before approaching Zeke where he was, and scurrying back.

"I would love to continue playing, but you're too loud for the moment." She stated.

"We will meet again. You're fun." She said, patting him on the head condescendingly. "You were an amazing subject before you died, and I'll gladly torture you again." With that, she turned and headed off, laughing all the way.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 04:06:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke could only watch her go, confusion and concern in his expression.

"Test subject...? Died? Torture? AGAIN?" he mumbled.

"What...? What is she...?" he wondered aloud, before collapsing to the floor.

K continued to dash through the hallways, spooking people she came across, that ducked back where they were coming from... but when she turned another corner, she saw him standing there.

Ilias.

And he looked over towards her with concern when he saw her there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 04:16:13 )

She stopped, looking to the one that was there, her brain seeming to not be able to process thte fact that he was there.

"I..." She started.

"Ilias...?" She asked, most of the madness out of her voice, replaced with surprise.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 04:37:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was stunned for a moment, a few of his head shakes popping their own faces out.

His mouth seemed dry, words were getting caught in his throat, but he managed to clear his throat some, and find his voice.

"Y-yeah..." he said.

"Yeah, it's me..." he told her.

"Kiah... what's going on?" he asked her, taking a few steps forward.

"You passed out from the migraine... and now this is happening...?" he asked further, his tone quivering a little.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 04:42:30 )

K stepped up to Ilias, her movements slow, deliberate.

"You..." She started before shaking her head, and running to close the distance. She wrapped her arms around him, not entirely sure what to make of it, make of how he was there.

"I..." She couldn't get anything out. She knew this was a dream, knew that she was actually going to be seeing people she'd known in the past, but... she was never prepared to meet Ilias again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 05:10:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was shocked by this sudden embrace, but he returned it, holding her close. He hugged her securely and continued to hold her, smiling softly as he did so, but there was an underlying sadness.

"I'm glad you're awake." he told her.

"But... but I'm worried." he said further.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked her, but before she could answer, guards appeared at both ends of the corridor, effectively trapping the two of them.

"Halt!" one commanded.

"Wait!" Ilias responded. "Please!" he pleaded.

"I'm sure this can be worked out!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 05:14:28 )

K just laughed.

"Of course." She said.

"Even now... you're used against me." She said quietly before sighing as she let Ilias go and stepped back.

"All right. you got me." She said simply, something akin to a grin to her voice though, something that did not bode well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 05:34:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The guards were silent as K said what she did and did what she did, before approaching... slowly, methodically.

Ilias, however, was scared and nervous.

"Please, don't...!" he said to them.

"Dr. Nicolo, step down!" one ordered him.

"We're under orders to restrain and detain Dr. Remmington!" they said further.

"But something's wrong, I can feel it!" Ilias exclaimed as he stepped forward to stop them, only for the guard to push him off to the side, causing him to land roughly on his ass.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 05:38:34 )

K was silent a moment.

"Something's.... wrong?" She asked her voice curious, completely unaware of the ones that were approaching, as she'd turned to face Ilias.

".... what... do you mean?" There was some madness to her voice, but she sounded far more level, more akin to what would be expected of her. However, still very much not as was normal.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 05:56:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked over towards K, his expression filled with worry and concern.

"I... you're you, but... something tells me you're not you!" he told her.

Then, before she could react, one of the guards that was behind her tackled her to the floor, causing her head to hit the floor as well, as they pressed her to the floor to pin her there.

And it hurt.

When her head hit the floor, she felt the pain. It was nothing extreme, but it was discomfort.

Which she'd never experienced before in these sorts of things in the past. It had been impossible for her to.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.