Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fixing the Future

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 06:34:41 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Angela just chuckled lightly.

"Don't worry, Ilias. Kiah will be all righ. You know I'm good." She told him honestly.

"Just remember that." She added before pausing. "If that's difficult, just remember that I'm involved with an angel. That alone will improve her chances for survival."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 06:56:07 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias laughed a little when she said that.

"Heh, fair." he said.

--

Hal was silent as he sifted through some papers, and then looked at his computer screen, entering some info, and checking the results that showed up. He scanned then for a moment, before nodding.

"Seems right." he said.

"Agent Willow should be back soon, and I need her to..." he continued, talking to himself, his voice turning into a murmur, before his secretary buzzed him.

"Doctor Edwards here to see you." she said.

"Send her in." he responded, before continuing to check what was on the screen.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 06:58:59 )

"Ah, there's Rylie now." Angela said with a wave toward the entry.

"Just... spend some time with her. You know she'll help." After Ilias had assured her that he'd do his best, she headed off, just as Rylie made her way over and sat down with him.

"So. Wanna go for a ride? I know sometimes that helps."

----

Angela made her way into Hal's office with a sigh.

"..I'm here as both a medic, and a friend." She greeted.

"Because this involves your family."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 07:22:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal seemed to pause when he heard that, and set his papers down.

He then turned away from the screen, and looked at her sternly.

He silently offered her a seat, before speaking.

"Very well, then." he said.

"What is this about?" he asked her.

"Because given that criteria, I can only assume this is about Kiah." he reasoned. "If it isn't feel free to correct me." he went on.

"But please... do tell me what this is about." he reiterated.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 07:24:13 )

"It is." Angela confirmed with a nod.

"She's fallen unconscious." She continued before sighing.

"And no one has any idea why."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 07:44:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...unconscious." Hal responded.

"Is... that all we know?" he asked.

"What were the circumstances behind this? Did anyone witness this? How long has she been unconscious for? Is she injured? Are any abnormalities showing up in scans and such?" he asked her further.

"Please, do NOT hold back any info." he continued.

"Tell me ALL you know." he said.

"...or is that everything?" he then inquired.

"And is she at least stable?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 07:45:33 )

"Stable, yes." Angela answered with a nod before sighing.

"Hal, I don't know what happened. Scans and whatnot are all turning up normal." She continued.

"She was filling out paperwork with Ilias when she stated she had a headache. He says he went off to grab something to help, and when he came back, she collapsed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 08:04:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before growling slightly.

"Great." he said.

He then paused and calmed himself down, collecting his thoughts and making sure he didn't get unnecessarily angry.

"Perhaps it's just overwork." he sighed.

"She HAS been going at it for a bit." he reasoned.

"Perhaps it's finally come back to bite her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 08:07:06 )

"I have absolutely no idea." Angela commented.

"Me and my team are going to working to find out what caused it, or wakeher up, or anything at all." She continued. "But... I figured you'd prefer to know now instead of later one."

"I'm sorry. Ah, right, also, Rylie is off with Ilias, trying to keep him calm."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 08:27:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded.

"Thank you for informing me." he said.

"Please keep me up to date." he told her.

He then paused for a moment, and sighed, shaking his head a little.

"And thank you for getting Rylie in to keep Ilias calm." he said. "Lord knows the boy will implode from the stress and concern he'll be feeling." he commented further.

"He's utterly devoted to her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 08:29:37 )

"And that is why I assume she's taking him back to her place where her and Em will feed him and distrat the ever loving shit out of him." Angela admitted.

"Because... we do not need one like him going around without his emotions in check. He'd cause serious problems, I'm sure." She added.

"Regardless, I should get back down there to see if I can help. I'll let you know whenever I know something more about this entire situation."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 08:47:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You do that." Hal responded.

"And here's hoping they manage to keep Ilias in check." he said.

"I'm sure the R&D department will get along fine without them for a bit." he commented.

"Let me know of any updates." he said further.

"And if there's anything I can do to help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 10:21:21 )

"I will certainly let you know." Angela assured him.

"It's the least I can do, after all." She added before sighing.

"I jus thope that she wakes soon and can help us out with what it was that happened." She added after a few seconds.

"Because that's waht's concerning me. What happened to cause this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 22:52:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I concur." Hal responded.

"The fact that this happened so suddenly, without warning is... well, it's concerning, to understate it." he commented. "I don't think anything like this has ever happened to her before..." he went on, before pausing.

"Wait... twice, I think." he then said.

"And both were due to overworking, but we could all see it coming a mile away." he lamented. "Sadly, she was being so stubborn, that we just had to wait for her to collapse from exhaustion." he went on, sounding unimpressed.

"Thankfully, after that second time, she seemed to learn her lesson." he then said further.

"Regardless, I am going to check the records of the R&D department, and see if anything they've been recently working on can lead to a clue of sorts." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 01:50:37 )

Angela nodded.

"That's as good a place to start as any." She commented.

They didnd't remain chtting for long before she left, as she hd a wing to run.

---

Rylie tossed her controller down with a growl.

"Really?!" She asked the one she'd been playing with.

"That's seven times in a row. HOW the hell are you THAT good!?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 02:07:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal watched her go, and sighed when she left.

"...Kiah..." he muttered.

"Please let this be nothing. I don't want to have to share any bad news with the family." he said further, shaking his head.

---

The one she'd been playing just smirked slightly.

"Well... ah..." he said, pausing to think about it.

"There's a long and lengthy technical explanation, or there's a short one that's... funny, but not helpful at all." he told her.

"What's the second one?" another make asked, taking a sip of soda.

"I learned how to 'git gud'." the first one stated.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 02:10:01 )

She just growled slightly.

"Ok. But how?" She asked with a smirk.

"That says absolutely nothing. So -how-."

"Seriously. I've had Lunet decode this entire game for me, because I wanted to know how it works, and yet you STILL beat me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 02:30:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, the one that had been playing smirked.

"See... that's your problem." he said.

"You had her decode the GAME. The SOFTWARE." he told her.

"The trick's in the hardware?" the second male asked.

"Specifically, some button timing and inputs." the first one responded, before picking up the controller that Rylie had thrown down. He then showed her a couple of things, having her watch his hand movements closely.

"That causes a few frame skips ahead, causing you to jut out that little bit in front of other racers." he explained. "And hitting this button as soon as you land off a ramp stops the drag for that second or two, allowing you to 'hit the ground running', so to speak." he added.

"Doing this consistently can really give you a lead, and allow for more forgiveness when making mistakes."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 02:32:33 )

Rylie was silent.

"So... you cheat." She commented.

"You don't actually beat it legitmately. Ok. So what I'm hearing is that you and I need to try this one something without those ways of glitching a win."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 02:53:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias just rolled his eyes.

"I'm just using quirks in the hardware that the company made themselves and licensed, and put out for sale." he told her. "Kinda like what speed-runners do to shave those seconds or microseconds off their end times." he said.

"Would it work on any other controller or platform?" Emerald asked.

"Probably not." Ilias responded. "Other controllers are wired a little differently, buttons have those small differences, that sort of thing." he told him. "I learned it from Leo." he added.

"Does it work with other games?" Emerald asked further.

"Depends on the game." Ilias said. "Racers and platformers, sure. Brawlers, fighters, and RPGs? Nah." he went on.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.