Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fixing the Future

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 02:58:05 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"See, there's the difference. I can do it with actual skill. You do it with gimmicks and tricks." She commented with a smirk before looking between them.

"Either of you hungry? I did say food soon." She added. "Can make something or order in. Whichever you two want." As she spoke,s h was checking the time on her phone.

"And yes, I can afford it. Before anyone pipes up with something regarding that."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 03:19:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias glared at her slightly when she mentioned that what he did wasn't skill. However, before he could say anything Emerald spoke up, clearing his throat loudly. Rather overtly loudly, too.

"Food would be great!" he declared.

"Ilias! You're the guest! You have any preferences?" he asked Ilias.

"...I'm feeling carnivorous." Ilias responded. "So either steak, or hamburger, or perhaps ribs." he said.

"I'd be fine with ribs, too." Emerald agreed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 03:21:24 )

"I ... don't think we have any." Rylie commented, thinking about it.

"All right then, Got a preference from where to order from?" She asked.

"Not osmething we usually stock here at home, I admit." She added. "Plus we gotta get groceriues in the next couple of days too."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 03:45:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias then paused for a moment.

"Ah, well... hm." he muttered.

"Right, there's the place that's about a half-hour drive from here, I think." he said. "Pretty sure they do those amazing glazed ribs." he commented.

"But if that'd be too much of a strain on the budget or whatever, then a burger's fine." he insisted. "I know ribs aren't exactly the cheapest meal to spring on someone." he said further.

"Hmm." Emerald mumbled.

"Yeah, I echo that." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 03:47:43 )

"Done deal." Rylie said with a laugh before passing her phone to Ilias.

"Put your order in." She told him.

"And no, price is no object." She added.

"Then pass to Em and he can do the same."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 04:06:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias accepted the phone, and was silent for a momet, before putting in his order. He then passed it to Emerald, who looked at the phone, and sighed quietly.

'Uh-huh, no way THAT'S enough for you, Ilias...' he thought. 'She said it wasn't an issue.' he thought further, before he upgraded Ilias' order to have more substance to it.

He then placed his own order, and handing it back to Rylie.

Once he did, he sent a text to her.

I added more to Ilias' order. What he had before would NOT have been enough. He's FAR too nice at times. it read.

"Feelin' better?" he then asked Ilias.

"Much." Ilias confirmed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 04:09:06 )

Rylie put in her own order, placed the entire pack, paid and just smirked as she read the text.

Of course. She sent.

"I added a few apps and shit for us to devour too. I dunno about you boys, but I'm hungry." She said simply with a laugh as she put the phone aside.

"Also, set it for pickup. I'll go grab it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 04:32:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, cool." Ilias responded.

"Sounds good." he told them.

Emerald then smiled a little, and relaxed in his chair.

"Been a while since we got from there." he commented to Rylie.

"Seems like this is a fortunate choice that Ilias made." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 04:51:46 )

"Really has been." Rylie agreed.

"I don't even know why we stopped... no... wait. It was your sister." She commented.

"After she discovered their love of habanero's." She commented before looking to Ilias.

"Ah, right, pro-tip. Don't... don't give Jake or Vi anything spicier than a jalapeno. It really doesn't go well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 05:11:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias paused for a moment as he heard that.

"...good to know." he said.

"That situation hasn't come up as of yet, but... it's good to know." he told them.

"Yeeeeah..." Emerald muttered.

"Violet and Jake can have... nasty reactions." he said.

"Life-threatening?" Ilias asked, concerned now.

"If it's hot enough." Emerald responded. "I don't know about Jake in specific, but Violet tends to start to have trouble breathing when heat/spice reaches about 100,000 Scoville." he said. "So by the time it's a Habanero." he clarified.

"When you go past Jalapeno, she'll complain of minor stomach problems afterwards, which get worse the hotter it goes." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 05:16:06 )

"I didn't even know that was a thing until we ordered from there. Those two didn't either, for that matter. Didn't the world you come from have a distinct lack of spices, because of the lack of mana?" Rylie asked Emerald, who nodded.

"The sheer variety and intensity of spice in this world... it... it was honestly life-changing." Emerald commented with a nod.

"Suffice to say, he found some new food loves." Rylie commented with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 05:36:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Emerald laughed as well.

"I just wanted to try ALL the spice this world had to offer." he told Ilias.

"WantED? HAD?" he asked, wondering about the past tense of it.

"...well, I have my own limits, too." Emerald said sheepishly. "It seems that there are things that are too hot for me to handle." he continued.

"That... makes sense, yes." Ilias responded. "Given that your upbringing and world had no spices or very little, your body wouldn't have been able to become accustomed to them, or build up a tolerance, or anything like that." he reasoned.

"Yeah, that would have been great to know before I decided a Ghost Pepper was a good idea..." Emerald grumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 05:37:58 )

Rylie just laughed.

"I tried to warn you!"[b] She exclaimed.

[b]"You just didn't wanna heed that warning. At least you were paid for the carolina reaper tasting."
She added. "And paid well, if I recall correctly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 05:56:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, I was paid well." Emerald confirmed.

"...almost made up for the pain and humiliation..." he mumbled.

Ilias raised an eyebrow in confusion, but Emerald shot a glare in response.

"Long story." he said.

"One I do NOT want to get into." he stressed.

"I'm grabbing something more to drink." he then said further, getting up and leaving the room.

"..." Ilias was silent for a moment, before looking towards Rylie.

"Teared up and lost it, huh?" he whispered with a smirk.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 06:00:19 )

Rylie just smirked.

"Ohhh, you have no idea." She told him simply.

"The man's ego took the biggest hit that I'd ever seen someones ego take. It was rather entertaining, I admit." She added.

"It's still a sore spot for him." She then said before smirking, almost evilly.

"Feel free to treat him with one of the candied peppers that Kiah eats."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 06:23:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias just laughed a little.

"Heh, sure thing." he said.

"I'll remember that." he told her.

"Yo! Ilias!" Emerald then called out. "Want something to drink?" he asked.

"Some pineapple juice would be great!" Ilias called back.

"How 'bout you, Rylie?" Emerald asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 06:31:53 )

"Grab me one of those cold coffee things we get!" rylie responded.

"He will hate you for a bit, but he'll get over it. Always does." She added to ilias with a laugh.

"Ah... Hate to bring the conversation down, but if you don't want to return home tonight, the spare room is available."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 06:50:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it!" Emerald responded.

Ilias' smile disappeared when she mentioned the second part, but he nodding.

"...maybe I should." he said.

"I... I don't think I could handle sleeping in that bed alone." he admitted. "Odds are I wouldn't sleep, and be thinking... not nice thoughts." he lamented.

"At least here, it'd be a different bed, which should help, oddly enough." he commented further.

"I'd need to grab a few things from home, though." he then said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 07:03:18 )

Rylie nodded.

"Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything other than that, if I'm being honest." She commented.

"I'll go with you after we eat, hey?" She asked.

---

She woke with a start, and a cry of pain as she felt the ... something... run through her. She didn't know what it was that she was supposed to make of this, what it was taht had even properly happened, for that matter.

What she did know, however, was that she hurt, unbelievably so.

"The hell!?" She exclaimed as she realised that she was restrained, and in immense pain.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 07:25:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh! Goodie, you're awake!" she heard a familiar... but unnervingly different voice say.

"I was wondering how long before that enhanced adrenaline kicked in." they said further.

She looked around, and saw a man to her left... one that looked... a lot like her cousin, Lindsay. But it looked like he'd let himself go. Stopped working out. Stopped caring about his hair, attire... his looks overall.

And he was wearing a disturbing smile.

"I must say, that experiment had some VERY unintended twists and turns." he went on, looking at the screens.

"I had no idea that that would actually manifest into TIME mana particles." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.