Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fixing the Future

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:54:12 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
She was completely silent as she was there, her vibrant red hair streaked with a dark purple. Her glasses were cracked, a chunk missing out of one of the lenses, the frames a bit warped, and her face covered with bruises. Her eyes were crazy, but definitely more subdued than the one that was standing above her.

She was connected to more than she was sure she had agreed to, but couldn't rightly recall. He'd brought up the idea of testing this, and she did agree to being the test subject - as they couldn't find many any more - but she wasn't sure if she'd agreed to what was to come, exactly. The details were hazy, but she could acknowledge, and even agree with, the fact that it was likely because of what had been done thus far already. She looked to her partner, a mad grin on her face.

"Let's see if this works." She stated. "Flip that damned switch already!"

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 23:22:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that was conducting the experiment just looked at her, and grinned in return. It was wide, it was toothy, it was... unhinged. He looked at how she was set up, and laughed a little, the laughter threatening to overtake him and turn into a fit, but he managed to calm himself down and clear his throat a little, a serious expression on his face now. He ran a hand through his messy strawberry blonde hair. His own glasses were cracked at the edges, but not in nearly as bad a condition as hers were. The frames were a bit warped as well, but he showed no signs of injury on his body or face. His own body was... large, but vaguely skinny. He had the look of a mana that had worked out his entire life, and had then just abandoned it... not that that could rightly be seen with the large stained lab coat he always wore.

"Patience." he told her. "I need to make sure everything is set up correctly." he said.

"I don't want to lose you." he went on... before his serious face turned into a grin once more. "After all, you're my assistant and favourite guinea pig!" he declared with another loud laugh.

"Ready-set-GO!" he then yelled quickly, flipping the switch with enthusiasm.

As he did so, the inputs that were connected to her sent an obscenely large amount of electricity through it, and the man looked at the displays, monitoring the results with eagerness.

"Yes... yes..." he said, before he stopped his smiling and narrowed his eyes.

"Wait..." he mumbled. "Wait, what is...?" he started to ask, before looking over to the woman.

"These readings..." he muttered, wondering what the result of this would be. The readings weren't what he expected, but he wasn't going to stop it. Yet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 23:37:08 )

The one that was the subject, didn't scream. If anything, she laughed. This was a test, and she was sure she'd do well, she'd survive.

She didn't even feel the pain, but that wasn't too surprising. This wasn't the first test he'd done on her, and she knew it wouldn't be hte last. She also didn't have any issues with it, as she knew it was going to further their research. Even if neither of them knw what their research was any longer.

Suddenly though, she felt herself... glitch. That was the only way that she could explain it. Her existence glitched a few times, out of existence then back.

Her laughing stopped as she felt that glitch again.

"The fuck?"

-----

She sighed as she set her pen down and brought her hands to her head. She was getting a massive headache, out of nowhere too.

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 00:08:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that was sitting across from her noticed this, and acquired a concerned look in his eyes.

"Hey..." he said quietly. "You okay?" he asked, as a green snake emerged from his short brown hair and looked at her as well.

"...headache..." the woman replied in a quiet, strained tone. "Bad one, suddenly." he said further.

"...should I get the extra strength?" the man asked.

"Yes. Please." she told him, an almost pleading tone to her voice.

He nodded and quickly got up, making his way to a cabinet and opening it.

"Extra... extra..." he mumbled. "Ah, here it is." he said, grabbing a bottle of the gel caps, as well as some water from the nearby water cooler.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 02:55:56 )

"The hell..." She wondered as she stayed where she was.

It didn't take long, before she heard l;aughter. It was faint, there were two people, and as she jumped to her feet, looking around and ready to defend herself, she noticed that everything was going hazy. Her vision was blurring, she was starting to find it hard to breathe, and think.

As she saw the that had headed off return to the room, she met his gaze.

"I... Ilias..." She said, her voice strained, before she hit the floor.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 03:15:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"KIAH!" Ilias yelled, as he saw her hit the floor.

He threw the water and pills off to the side, and raced towards her, flopping down to his knees when he was close enough.

"Kiah! Hang on!" he pleaded, as he looked around, but nobody was around.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"Kiah, I'll get the medics here." he told her, wondering what the hell was happening to his love.

He then started to dig out his phone, to send an emergency signal to the medical wing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 03:20:21 )

Kiah was completely unresponsive as Ilias panicked and dug his phone out of his pocket. He stayed there with her while on the phone, and until the medicalteam arrived. He went with them to the medwing as well, making sure to lock the wing on the way.

As Kiah was being taken care of, Angela approached Ilias while he was sitting in the waiting area.

"Hey, you doing all right?" She asked as she took a seat next to him, handing him a bottle of water.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 03:40:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was silent for a moment, accepting the water. He took a drink of it, re-capping it, and then looking at the medic.

"...we're all right." he replied, as several snakes poked their heads out, looking at Angela as well.

"Worried about Kiah, though." he told her.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Kiah was just fine, and then she's complaining about a sudden massive headache, and then she collapses." he went on. "I don't understand it. We weren't even working with any chemicals or compounds or anything." he continued.

"How is she doing?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 03:49:23 )

Angela just sighed.

"She's unconscious, but seems perfectly fine aside from that." She told him honestly.

"Bruised though, I suspect from landing on the tiled floor, but from all the tests and such that we've done, that's the worst of it." She added before sighing, again, and shaking her head lightly.

"I don't know what's going on, but I will find out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 04:22:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Thank you." Ilias responded, before taking another drink.

"I just don't know what could have happened." he said after finishing the mouthful.

"As I said, we weren't even doing anything stressful. Or dangerous. Or anything." he told her.

"We haven't for a couple of days, really. Most of what we've done is routine or standard procedures." he continued.

"So I don't know if this can really be pinned on anything." he lamented with a sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 04:27:52 )

Angela nodded.

"I know." She assured him.

"It's ok. We will find the cause and make sure that Kiah will be all right. You know we're good. "

"For now, are you staying here, going to go try and get some rest, get some sleep, or what? I just want to know for contact purposes, if I need you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 04:50:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias thought for a moment.

"Well, unless there's an emergency in R&D, the rest of the staff there can handle what we've been doing." he reasoned.

"So I'm going to stay here." he told her.

"Stay here and probably pass out from lack of sleep because I know I'm going to be too concerned to properly sleep." he said bluntly and candidly... before sighing heavily and shaking his head.

"So yeah. Here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 04:54:39 )

"Do you want something to help with your nerves and worries?" Angela asked after a moment or two.

"I can give you something for that, if you'd like." She added.

"And I am not sure you should be alone, if I'm being candid. Is there anyone I can call for you, to keep you company?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 05:15:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias paused for a moment, thinking about what she said.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Yes. Yes, I would like something for nerves and worries." he told her. "To be frank, I feel like a bundle of stress." he admitted.

"...as for someone to keep me company... well, there's Rylie, if she's not busy." he then said.

"And... well, Payton or Hazel are my friends, too."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 05:27:24 )

Angela nodded.

"I will be back in a moment then." she said after a few seconds. With that, she headed off to grab what she'd promised him. She returned a matter of three minutes later and handed him a smaller bottle of water.

"Here." She said as she took a seat again.

"It'll last for quite awhile, don't drink all of it at once. A small drink here and there to help calm nerves."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 05:47:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Ilias was silent, before bringing the bottle to his lips, and taking a sip of it. As soon as he did so, she saw him start to calm down almost immediately.

"...wow." he said.

"This is... already, I can feel it working." he told her.

"Yeah, this is good stuff." he chuckled, setting it down beside him.

"Thank you." he then said, looking at her and smiling, as the snakes all disappeared back into his hair... save for one. And Angela was well aware which one it was. Was the same one it always was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 05:51:54 )

Angela just smiled softly in return.

"Just don't overdo it." She warned.

"You would end up higher than the stratosphere if you aren't careful." She then said with a light sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 06:11:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked at the bottle again, and raised an eyebrow.

"I see." he said.

"Good to know, I suppose." he told her.

He then paused for a moment, as something came to his mind.

"What about Agent Sharp?" he asked.

"Should I tell him, or will you?" he asked further. "...or have you already notified him?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 06:12:28 )

Angela just sighed lightly.

"I will." She told him honestly.

"It's part of my responsibilities." She added.

"Now, Rylie's on her way. So sit tight for a few until she arrives."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 06:32:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was silent again for a moment, before nodding slowly.

"All right." he replied.

"I can do that." he told her.

He then reached up and gently stroked the top of the snake's head, causing it to rest on his own head, but still outside of his hair.

"...she's worried about Kiah, too." he said.

"She's always been the most emotional of them." he added with a little chuckle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.