Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fixing the Future

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 07:27:42 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Time mana, what?" She asked, her head spinning slightly.

"What the fuck are you getting at, Lindsay?" She asked, trying to keep her thoughts at least level. She hurt enough that it was a task,but thankfully she was managing to do it.

"Get me the hell out of here."

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 07:46:13 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay paused for a moment, narrowing his eyes a little at her when she said what she did.

"Eh?" he muttered.

"Waaaaaaait a second." he said. "Hmmmm." he mumbled further, shuffling over towards her.

"Time mana... wait... you're not the K I know, are you?" he asked, before laughing out for for 10 seconds straight.

"The time mana must have mixed with your Fyrane mana, and done some kind of soul and/or mind regression shenanigans!" he proclaimed, laughing again, but then stopping abruptly, putting his now-serious face uncomfortably close to hers.

"Fascinating." he said.

"I wonder if there are any bodily changes, such as in the mind or body, or if it's purely mental, or entirely soul-based, or what..." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 07:53:39 )

"K? What the hell are you on?" She asked, stunned.

"Seriously. Lindsay, let me out of here. I don't know what is going on with you, but I'm fine." She half snapped.

"Seriously. Let me out!"

♫How`s the heart | Underneath the silence? | How`s the one | Drowning in the mire?♫
♫Let us sound a human paean | Come in, the fire`s warm | Burn the rope and dance some more♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 08:13:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Lindsay was silent for a moment, thinking about something.

"Hmmmmm..." he mumbled.

"Tell me." he said, grabbing a clipboard and a pencil.

"What's the last thing you remember?" he asked, as he pulled the IV that had the substance that had woken her up out of her arm.

"Don't need THAT anymore." he mumbled, letting the needle and hose fall to the floor. The floor that she was sure was not clean in the slightest.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 08:15:18 )

"Paperwork with Ilias." was her answer.

"Now free me, already." She then said.

"Chances are Ilias is freaking right the hell out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 08:37:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........Ilias?" Lindsay asked in a bit of a quiet tone.

"Holy hell." he muttered, writing it down.

"You got sent back a LOT, if your mindset is back to when HE was around." he commented, tapping the pencil against his face.

"Mmmm, this COULD be problematic." he continued, narrowing his eyes.

"I've lost my assistant... but I wonder if you can be... reconditioned... to being YOU again..." he went on, looking back at her.

"...the thought of that is... tickling." he admitted, a twisted toothy grin playing out across his face.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 08:39:43 )

"I... what?" She asked, her voice not exactly scared, but she was more certainly uneasy.

"re... reconditioned..? What the hell are you getting at?" She asked, trying to keep her confidence there.

"Lindsay, let me out already."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 08:59:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was silent again, before grabbing a chair and pulling it up, sitting in it backwards, and looking at her.

"My dear, sweet Kiah." he said.

"It seems a lot has been erased from your mind." he told her.

"You've regressed to the past, before you and I became enlightened." he said further, his tone sounding like he was not joking around now. Like he was legitimately serious, and believed what he was saying.

"And while I WILL enjoy bringing you back to your enlightened state..." he went on, smiling unnervingly when he said that. "...I almost regret it." he went on, sighing heavily.

"...so innocent and naïve... it's... adorable." he finished, looking at her, his smile now condescending.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 09:03:17 )

Kiah was silent before rolling her eyes.

"Lindsay, cut with the games." She said. "I don't know what you're trying to prove or whatever, but come now. I gotta get to work." She added, hoping that he'd let her go.

Somehow... somehow, she knew he wouldn't though.

---

She woke, but it was slow. It was also in the dead of the night, when all she heard was the beeping. As she woke, she sat up and looked around, taking stock of where it was that she found herself.

"... the hell?" She wondered. "Where the fuck am I now?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 09:23:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a moment or two, one of the night staff came in, the machines she was hooked to having alerted them of activity.

"Ah, you're awake." he said.

"Relax, you're fine." he told her.

"You apparently passed out from a headache while doing paperwork with Ilias, but you should be fine." he continued.

"So how are you feeling?" he asked her.

"Any sort of abnormalities or anything? Anything feel off?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 09:59:05 )

She was silent, looking them from head to toe, for a few seconds.

"Uh... right." She stated, her voice certainly colder than one would expected.

"I haven't done paperwork in generations,a nd Ilias died a few generations back. So, be honest with me. Where the fuck am I?" There was a very thinly veiled thread to her words, and she sounded ... far too interested in having at them, knowing that they'd be a good subject for something. She wasn't sure what, but she'd figure it out.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 22:57:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The person took a small step back, wary of her now.

"Dr. Remmington, please calm down." he said.

"We need to run some tests to make sure you're all right, but it sounds like you had a very vivid dream while you were unconscious, to the point where you still believe it to be reality." he guessed.

"I assure you, Ilias is very much alive, and has been quite worried about you." he told her.

"And you're at the medical wing of the Unit." he then said, answering her last question.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 23:54:22 )

"Oh bullshit." She snapped before disconnecting herself from everything.

She approached the on there, looking about ready to use him as one of her experiments, before pausing, looking around, and laughing. Her laught didn't sound right, but it was there.

"HAH! This is what it did!" She exclaimed, looking around.

"Ohhh, L, you've done something this time."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 00:26:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she had her laugh, the staff member grabbed the emergency line that was beside him.

"Security to room B in the medical wing. Stat!" he said, before looking at her once more.

"D-Dr. Remmington, please." he stuttered.

"You need to rest. There's no telling if there are any adverse effects to what happened to you." he told her further.

He was quite concerned about this... about her, and his own safety. She was strong, and she was acting unpredictable... which frightened him immensely, he wouldn't lie.

He needed to be ready for practically anything.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 00:30:18 )

"Oh please." She stated after a few seconds.

"You've nothing to worry about. Shit like this don't hurt me." She added, continuing to laughing, althouh it'd devolved to more of a snicker.

"You ain't even real." She paused before laughing again.

"HELL I'm not real! Not here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 00:51:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The staff member looked to be confused now, as well as scared. They weren't sure what to say at this point, but a couple of guards showed up, one male, one female. They stood between the staff and the patient, with mana weapons at the ready.

"Do not make any advances." the male said.

"Just come with us." he said further.

"We don't want to hurt you, we just want you to be safe." he continued.

'What is going on...?' the staff member worriedly pondered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 00:55:05 )

"Safe? HAH. This world ain't safe." She stated, snickering.

"However, if you're going to cause problems for me..." She started, her voice and expression getting serious rather quickly and suddenly, "I might have to put a stopper on that."

As she spoke, there was a black mist spreading through the room. She knew what it was, but the others didn't, had no way to.

Until they started to inhale it (as was inevitable) and felt the paralysing effect that her rune normally had.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 01:15:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The guards and the staff member had a moment of panic, and the guards suddenly made to attack her, while the staff member tried to flee, but in the split-second they attempted their actions... they froze.

Stopped what they were doing, and just stayed there.

Motionless. Their eyes appeared soulless, but that was merely because their souls were experiencing a brief, very slight detachment from their bodies. A minor shift, essentially. But it was enough to render them motionless, and useless.

With that, nobody was barring her from doing... whatever she wanted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 01:20:36 )

She just laughed, with it sounding quite disjointed and such.

"Aight. Time to see how extensive this is." She commented, almost gleefully, before making her way out of the room, and through the medwing.

She made her way out into the hall, and through a bunch of them before pausing as she passed a room with an open door, and windows.

"What..?" She wondered before stepping into the room. She made her way over to the windows, staring at the night sky, not sure what to make of it.

"Well, there's proof this ain't real." She muttered.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/23 01:47:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hours had passed, and the early staff were filtering into the building. Ty was among one of them, and was walking by the room that she had stopped in, and saw her still staring out the window.

"Hm?" he mumbled.

"Yo! Kiah!" he called to her.

"Nice to see ya up and about." he said further, stepping closer.

"How ya doing?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.