Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fixing the Future

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 00:28:06 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"What is going on here? Wow. I'm from the future. And I neeed to stop my cousin. Thought that was already pretty clearly expressed." K answered with some snark.

"Can't expect big brain thoughts here, huh?" She asked. "I thought you guys were smarter than that."

"Me. From future. Me. Stop My Future from coming. L. The reason the future happened. Me. Need to talk to L." It was insulting, but K was also the type to not care.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 00:49:54 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just crossed his arms over his chest.

"So is that all we're getting from you?" he asked.

"Insults, attitude, and some vague warning that a pacifist and overall humanitarian is going to cause something nebulously bad at some point in some degree in the future of an unknown time from now." he said.

"Wonderful." he told her.

"Oh yes, I'll be sure to bring your cousin to you, now that you've demeaned us all." he went on.

"Is there anything else we lowly mental midget peons can do to serve you, our hero?" he asked her, his snark matching hers.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 00:53:29 )

K just laughed at hals response.

"Hey, if you want to be obliterated by experimentation or be absorbed by a creature, no, do not get my cousin here." She told him, her voice calm, not showing any impatience or displeasure. Instead, the madness that had been clearly shown by this point was there. Her voice had a bit of a vibration to it with that statemtn, one that almost made it sound like it was something she was looking for.

"While you're at it, why not hope that he doesn't break the soul that is in my body, huh? Sound good boss?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 01:15:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal narrowed his eyes when she said all that.

He then turned and made his way to the door, opening it.

"Your attitude is rotten." he said.

"But what you say will be thoroughly considered." he finished, shutting the door behind him and leaving her alone once more.

However, she wasn't left alone for long, before she knew someone was looking at her through the window of the door. It was Ilias, and she saw him talking to the guard stationed there, asking to be let in so he could talk to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 01:16:53 )

K was silent as she saw Ilias through the indow, before sighing, heavily.

She knew this would be painful. She knew this wouldn't go well.

And yet... she also knew that she wanted to talk with him again. Especially since this was realm, if the throb in her face was anything to go by.

She just didn't know if she actually could.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 01:38:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias debated with the guard for a few minutes, before they relented, and the door was opened.

He stepped inside as the door was closed again, and looked at K.

"Um..." he stammered.

"Kiah?" he addressed her.

"Or... well... however you want to be addressed as?" he said further.

"I just... I mean..." he then stammered, but seemed unable to really pull together a coherent sentence.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 01:39:49 )

"K." Was her response.

"... and hi." She added before sighing.

"I'm guessing you're looking for something, maybe want to make sure I didn't damage Kiah's body too much?" She asked with a snicker.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 02:08:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"N... not really." Ilias said.

"I just wanted to talk to you." he told her.

"See who you were... are... whatever." he went on with a sigh.

"My heart's telling me that you're Kiah, but... a different one. One that, well, as you've said, goes by 'K'..." he went on.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Do you know how you're here?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 02:32:03 )

"I have a pretty good idea." K responded with another snicker.

"L and I were testing shit. I was the subject. Shocky shocky. Then woke here." She told him honestly.

"I thought it was another of those dream thingies that he's put me in before.... guess I was wrong." She paused a moment.

"But your Kiah isn't here. I can tell, I'm in her body. Meaning chances are she's in the aether, lost to the void, OR she's in my body in the future.

"And L Is likely trying to break her sweet, innocent, moral self. Shatter that morality and all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 02:34:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked horrified when he heard that.

"Oh, no..." he mumbled.

"How do we get this to change back?" he asked her.

"You and your friend did this, so you must know what it was that caused this." he reasoned.

"Right?" he asked.

"You can reverse it, right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 02:36:01 )

"My friend??" K asked before laughing.

"Oh no no nononono I've hated him for quite awhile." She continued, her laughter devolving to snickers.

"L is my cousin. Lindsay." She told him honestly.

"And he's more mad than I could be. I actually managed to keep some of my humanity... obviously."

"As for fixing this. Dunno. Maybe if I recreate the experiment... but not promises there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 03:00:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked crestfallen now.

"I... I..." he stammered.

"I see." he said.

"Well, thank you for telling me." he told her.

"I just hope she's all right." he then said further.

"And I hope you'll be okay, too."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 03:14:56 )

"Well, if she dies, I die." K told him.

"So the fact that I'm still around to be snarky and a bitch def shows that she hasn't succumbed to whatever he's doing to break her." She assured him.She didn't know what it was worth, but she hoped that there was at least a little bit of comfort taken from that.

---

Kiah was silent as she was watching was L did what he did to those he had. She didn't dare to interfere, and found that she could barely move, certainly couldn't look away.

It was a beautiful train wreck, really. Horrible enough she didn't want to watch, but too horrible, and too much of a chance for study, that she couldn't look away.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 03:37:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that's true." Ilias responded.

---

L had removed limbs and replaced them with other things, such as tendrils or paws or claws. And that was just the start. He'd done things that many would consider to be the work of a sociopath and a mad scientist, but the scariest part was that he was succeeding.

These people were still alive, and though they were horrors, they would have died without L working on them. Whenever he finished with one, he sent them back out into the world with maniacal laughter.

He then looked over towards Kiah, and grinned, as the last one was sent away... with barely functional wings crammed into their shoulders.

"See?" he asked her.

"Isn't it marvelous!?" he exclaimed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 03:39:24 )

Kiah was completely silent, barely able to formulate a response for a moment before violently shaking her head.

"No!" She excalimed abruptly. He could hear that perhaps she was starting to crack though.

"This is horrible, twisted, and just... no! Lindsay, what happened to you!?" She knew she'd get no sort of real answer, but that didn't mean she couldn't keep trying. Right?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 03:59:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I gained KNOWLEDGE!" L declared excitedly.

"I learned about POTENTIAL!" he went on.

It was then that they heard something... and Kiah looked over and saw a feline in the corner of the room. However, while it looked like a regular cat, she could see that its eyes were glowing a faint green, and that its back legs almost resembled that of a small kangaroo, coiled back and ready to spring.

She then saw a mouse on the other side of the room, which the cat located within seconds, and then leaped from where it was, crashing down on the vermin with precision and weird grace.

"Ah!" L said.

"One of our rousing successes." he commented.

"The cat is a better hunter than it ever was before. It can see better than it ever could, and can pounce from great distances, without any detriment."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 04:01:38 )

Kiah was silent.

"But... what about the ... about the horror that it felt upon waking and finding itself in such a state? Not as it was...?" She asked, her voice quiet.

This ... whatever... was absolutely horrifying, and she knew it.

She just wanted to go home.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 04:20:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Initial shock is just that. Initial." L replied.

"It has adapted. It is thriving now." he told her, as the creature walked over towards Kiah and rubbed up against her leg.

"See? It's perfectly happy." he said further.

"This is how we advance." he told her.

"This is how we learn. We experiment. We learn. We apply that knowledge. We move things forward." he continued.

"We become visionaries, and make it REALITY!" he insisted, the feline creature emitting a purr-like sound from its throat.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 04:27:08 )

Kiah was silent as she watched the ... creature....

"But..." She started.

"I ..." She couldn't come up with anything to say, and it really wasn't hard to tell. The past few days that she'd been there, with Lindsay as he was, was taking its toll on her, and it showed.

She knew she had to get out of that world before she went down that same path as him. She knew she would, she was too inquisitive not to.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/25 04:47:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

L was silent again for a moment, before nodding.

"Come on." he said, as he approached her.

"Let's go to your lab." he told her, the feline stepping away and gnawing at the catch it had made.

"I want to show you something." he went on.

"Something that you should really see." he told her, his tone serious.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.