Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Warm-up Zone ┤▒├ Come chat & play games by the Fire! :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 14:46:24 )
This is exactly

The cart I left for the person replacing me, had 102 items on it.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 14:49:26 )
Wow. That does seem like an awful lot of work.
Are you enjoying it at least?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 14:50:30 )
This is exactly

I do enjoy it. Lol I like when I get to scan in the back, you get to find a lot of weird stuff. Gotta be careful though. Some people are idiots and put like broken glass and shit in the book boxes.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 14:54:09 )
That sounds dangerous.
I'm glad you're enjoying the job, though :3
Are you still having to work with that person who apparently can't figure out the closing procedures?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 14:55:28 )
This is exactly

He's out for another week. He's the coworker that tested positive for covid...for the second time.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:03:07 )
LOL. So you're getting a break from him at least. :3
Did his results just never clear, giving him the second positive result? Or is it perhaps an erroneous result (one or the other of his tests)?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:04:11 )
This is exactly

Well the last one was back in November, and now this one. It's possible one of them were false positives. But this man is an idiot, so he could easily have just caught it twice.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:08:30 )
LOL. Did you ever get your results back?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:09:09 )
This is exactly

I did. They were negative. Lol the theory is that I got sick from possibly being dehydrated.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:11:07 )
Well, I'm glad you're ok.
Reminder - drink more water!! LOL!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:12:02 )
This is exactly

Dude it is so easy to dehydrate yourself at the store. Because you get busy and totally forget to get some water. Even though I keep a water bottle with me, to keep hydrated.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:15:18 )
I imagine that's the case. And I'm sure you put your water bottle down somewhere so you can do something, then find yourself at the other end of the store... etc. Unless it's permanently attached to you, I'm sure it's tough to make sure you get enough water. I don't suppose they want their employees running around wearing camelbacks though!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:16:49 )
This is exactly

Lol yeah no camelbacks, but our boss does remind us to hydrate from time to time. Because she knows how easy it is to not drink water. I keep my water bottle on whatever cart I'm working from.

>w> we did have a kid try to buy my water bottle though.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:18:42 )
Oh yeah - I remember you mentioned that! That's so funny! Kids can be so weird. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 15:24:24 )
Ok. I need to go officially start my day, which includes making a run to Walmart (not my favorite place) to return a coffee machine (fun times, I'm telling ya! /eyeroll/) but I should be back a little later and probably looking to chat!

AMA, if you haven't already disappeared, have a good day at work.

Everyone else, feel free to hang out and chat. I'll BBS.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 17:37:30 )
@Wildfire: lol! I was hoping my son would go "oh! Norway!" Because my blood is from there. lol. I mean, My great grandparents, All of them. I've been learning norwegian for a couple years now on my own. So I can read norsk, but having it spoken to me, I lose track quickly.
... I need to get a passport. e.e"

Good Morning~ <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 17:49:11 )
@Koah: That's funny. Yeah, my son took it upon himself one year to do DuoLingo Norwegian (instead of doing some of his homeschool work. Yes, that was a fun time /eyeroll/ ) because he was so in to Norway for some reason (unlike you, none of our family comes from that area).

Yes, good morning!

I survived Walmart. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 19:39:31 )

@Wildfire: Thin crust is the enemy. lol
      I prefer a nice, regular pizza crust.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 19:51:57 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Hisssss.... you are the enemy! XD (only kidding! Although I'm from the east coast, I like either thin or thick crust pizza - it depends on what it is, etc.)

@Ava: Yes, he is a large young man!
We have two dogs - one is a Staffordshire Terrier, the other is a lab-beagle mix. They are each about 60lbs. The Staffy is a love. The beagle mix has her moments on either side of the spectrum - lol!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/22 20:56:43 )
@Wildfire: lol. I mean, Norway is a pretty cool place. lol. The language is fairly easy to learn as well. My adult goal is to move to Norway for a few months, once all my kids are out of the house. I don't know if I'll stick to it. But that's what I'd like to do.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.