Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Warm-up Zone ┤▒├ Come chat & play games by the Fire! :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 15:58:24 )
This is exactly

As always, yes. Lol yesterday was WoW and RWBY.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 16:33:43 )

Good Morning.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 16:50:38 )
@Another Movie Addict: So you said. But it sounds like a nice way to relax. :3

@Koah: Hello and good morning to you. How are you today so far?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 16:53:50 )
This is exactly

It was indeed.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 16:57:46 )
@Wildfire: So far, so good. I woke up and could close my jaw, so the tmj is lessening. :) I just need to keep doing the physical therapy for it. How are you doing? Did yesterday get better?

@Another Movie Addict: Your siggy makes me think of a book series I used to read.. uhm, Dresdin Files by Jim Butcher.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 16:58:38 )
It would be so nice to be able to just do something like that, tbh... but family and obligations and stuff tend to take precedence for me. Every once in a while I can pull something like that off, but it's probably not nearly as often as I could use it...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 17:02:03 )
This is exactly

@Koah: Lol good, it's from that series.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 17:03:18 )
@Koah: Yesterday... yesterday... yes! Things got better, thank you. Yesterday morning I was being plagued with brown-outs and other electrical blips in the house, which for some reason, put my oven on when the electricity came back? So I was constantly turning off the alarm and waiting for the fire alarms to go off, while dealing with freaked out dogs... and all on about a half cup of coffee and not enough sleep. And the electrical blips fried my Keurig. Fortunately, the afternoon was much less stressful. I actually sat outside in the sun for a little bit with my book.

Today is slower paced so far, but still sleep-limited. And my afternoon will include a couple of errands.

How is your day looking to shape up? Kids and school, I'd imagine...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 17:11:13 )
@Another Movie Addict: lol! It's been a few years since I read the series, I saw there was a new series off branch from the dresden files that I haven't started. I'm proud of myself for recognizing Dresden though. lol

@Wildfire: Oh my gosh! I'm glad you got to relax in the evening. <3 Sunshine helps so much. Last year, I had problems with power outages and burned out sockets a few times. I understand your pain. D: I didn't lose my coffee pot in those battles though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 17:34:32 )
@Koah: Yes, it was weird. We still don't know why things were going haywire, and it was a little nerve-wracking knowing that the oven (broiler!!!) would go on whenever the electricity came back. I didn't want to leave the house unattended for very long and now I'm wondering what we're going to have to do if we ever go on vacation - unplug the stove from the wall?? what a mess! If I had to lose something in the chaos yesterday, I'm glad it was the coffee pot instead of something like the TV or a computer...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 17:35:44 )
This is exactly

@Koah: There's two new books to the Dresden Files actually. Peace Talks and Battle Grounds.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 18:26:56 )
@Wildfire: My dad's place has random outages. mostly because of wind issues. The wiring in his house is all sorts of whack. While I was living there, he had an outage in a bedroom and we went to flip the switch, but the switch labeled bedroom turned off the kitchen. e.e" He brought home an electrician friend that said he'd need to re-wire basically the whole house in order to make it make sense. The place was built a hundred years ago.

@Another Movie Addict: I found and bought The Cinder Spires, assuming it was part of the Dresden Files. I haven't read it yet, I've been going through tons of fantasy/comedy lately.
I'm not sure if I'll read the new Dresden files. I enjoyed them, but I've moved on and read quite a few series since then.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 18:29:09 )
This is exactly

@Koah: I still enjoy the series, now to wait for the next book lol. While I do so, I'll be reading whatever I guess.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 18:43:12 )
@Another Movie Addict: I go on series binges, where I go into an obsessive act of reading everything in one series, finish them [or up to date], and move onto a new series. e.e" I have a hard time going back and continuing a series once I moved on.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 19:03:34 )
This is exactly

Ah.

Most of what I read are trilogies, small series. The Dresden Files is the only long running I keep up with.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 19:13:05 )
@Koah: Yes, we have had some weird things like that here too. Usually when we have electrical blips, though, it's because of water or wind (i.e. hurricane). I don't know what yesterday morning's blips were about. There's really not telling...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 20:45:56 )

/pokes fire with a stick

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 20:52:00 )
This is exactly

So I'm watching The Borgias on Netflix, it's a Showtime series. And dear gods it is really hard to listen to the Pope. He's played by Jeremy Irons and all I hear is Scar.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 20:55:29 )

Oh that's hilarious. lol
      Scar as the Pope.
      Terrible. XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 20:57:32 )
This is exactly

Oh it's hilarious, because he's a notoriously lecherous Pope. So it's even weirder hearing Scar be a perv.

what you think it is.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.