Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2020 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Warm-up Zone ┤▒├ Come chat & play games by the Fire! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:15:13 )
@Anarchist Beauty:
@Another Movie Addict:

I'm back from my appointment and my errand, and omg, you two are funny! Of course, Jeremy Irons as a lecherous Pope would be "amusing"...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:16:22 )
This is exactly

Honestly I just picture Scar the whole time. Makes things waaaaaaaay better.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:19:34 )
LOL! I would imagine that puts a bit of a spin on it XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:21:07 )
This is exactly

It does. Especially since I'm aware of the actual history surrounding the family in this show. History and modern silliness mixed together.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:22:45 )
That's an awesome combination!
How is everything else going for you this afternoon?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:24:08 )
This is exactly

Pretty good. Enjoying the show, waiting for some dinner.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:25:36 )
That's cool. What's dinner tonight for you?

I just got back from errands. I need to clean up the kitchen and I would normally say "and start dinner" but I think it's going to be leftovers for us tonight - there's a lot of random bits in the fridge that need eating!! :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:33:35 )
This is exactly

Some kind of pasta casserole thing.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:39:20 )

Long live the King... Or.... Pope....
      LMAO
      I think I'm funny.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:40:09 )
This is exactly

Lol well Popes did see themselves as kings in some cases.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:41:58 )
@Another Movie Addict: LOL. <3 We'll be doing leftovers tonight.

@Anarchist Beauty: lol ... well that's all that really matters, isn't it? (j/k. <3)

@Another Movie Addict: True. And visa-versa in some instances!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/20 22:45:24 )

Pfft, I am hilarious and we all know it. lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 01:36:01 )
@Wildfire: I'm listening to my niece's job as a spokesperson. It's a bit overwhelming to me because she's so young. oh man. They're super focused on her insecurities right now. she's dealing with it like a champ.. right now. but .. I don't know. I feel off-putted by this.
Her mom lined up after-school job stuff. which adds to unnecessary stress.
This is my only safe place to vent about her situation. :T

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 13:43:18 )
@Anarchist Beauty: pffft... -eyeroll-
... just because your sense of humor seems similar to mine doesn't mean either of us is amusing, nevermind hilarious! XD <3

@koah: You are quite welcome to vent here! <3 I understand the type of situation you're dealing with. It really sounds like your niece is almost being abused with all the extra stuff being shoved at her, and dealing with the kind of criticism she's likely getting from (and for) this job can take its toll on even the healthiest of self-confidence levels! Quiet is important. Silence and stillness are important. Boredom is important. The body, mind and soul need these things. Constant stress and stressors are not helpful to a happy and healthy human psyche or overall state, and at 14 (right?), she already has a lot going on in terms of stress and stressors just by being that age (hormones, etc.). This poor kid. Mom just doesn't see it, does she? Can you somehow "force" your niece to just sit still for 30 minutes a day with no distractions - have her journal or do gentle yoga or meditate or something instead of the constant "running" that it sounds like she is accustomed to? Try to give her some bubble of solitude and sanity?
You sound stressed by this too, tbh. How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 13:44:32 )
... and good morning by the way!
What's going on in everyone's world today??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 18:00:03 )
@Wildfire: Her mom doesn't realize being busy at this age can be damaging. I'm definitely worried, but there isn't much I can do aside from insisting on breaks where my niece can chill out, read, watch tv and go in the hot tub.
yoga has become a chore for my niece since it's been a weekly thing since she was a toddler. :O

Anyhow, This morning is going well. I didn't sleep well, so my tmj is flaring up again. e.e

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 18:21:17 )
@Koah: OMG- that's horrible that yoga has become a chore!! That is sooooo not what it's supposed to be about! It sounds like you're on the same page I was trying to suggest = regular breaks where the poor girl can just stop for a few minutes! Eeeesh! :( You are doing what you can. You have removed her from the immediate environment and you're trying to provide a safe and stable platform from which she can try to deal with everything going on without the constant frantic "stuff" that probably goes on at her home, day in and day out. Can I come kidnap her? I'll put her on the beach for a day and send her off to find the dolphins and manatees or whatever. My son can take her on a trail ride with the horses...

I'm sorry to hear about the TMJ and the sleep cycle being messed up. That's no fun. I hope you feel better!! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 18:34:05 )
@Wildfire: lol! I very much wish I could send her off to have those amazing experiences. <3 She's a good kid, she's just 14 and demanding teen attention.
I'm hoping this weekend, she and I can go find teens somewhere where she can introduce herself. She really needs friends.
As you could probably guess, her mom controlled her friend group as well. right now, my niece has 1 friend that is 4 years older than her. They chit-chat but don't have that teen-angsty friendship that you typically see with this age.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 18:51:50 )
@Koah: Four years is a huge difference at that age too. I'm sorry. I feel for the kid (obviously) - and for you. But I'm proud of you for doing what you can. I know it can be tough. :3

How are you and your kids holding up with the teenage addition?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/21 19:07:25 )

hmmm games? those are always fun

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.